25 minutes ago, Prorook363 said:

Has anyone heard from Otakusquare regarding the status of the Metal Build Eva-02 orders by any chance?

We are currently confident that we are going to be able to deliver on the pre-orders made with us. In the past few months we have been in close contact with our supplier for the EVA-02 to ensure that we do not get a surprise cancellation served to us. The worst that we could see happening is the shipping being slightly delayed into early february, if this happens we will of course inform our customers.

If you have any questions regarding your specific order, feel free to e-mail us at service@otakusquare.com. Our customer service is a bit busy around these days, so if you want a more direct response you can also shoot us an WhatsApp at +31850013955. We'd gladly be at your service!

Edited by Otaku Square

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty much, buy what you want, Bandai will make whatever sells. There's no requirement to buy a release if you don't like it.

I don't really know how to read this response. Nothing personal was meant by my statement or anything; it's literally stating that Exia is a popular piece that continues to sell and that's all. My bad if it came off some kind of way.

------------------------------------------------------------

Was talking to a friend yesterday and the GN arms got brought up.... I'm really hoping they circle back and knock that out.

6 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Aside from premium build, metal build gundams are in the 1/100 scale while metal robots are more towards 1/144 scale, but I could be wrong. The only metal build I will get from iron blooded orphan series is the gundam bael, for some reason I like that design

You're pretty close. Officially, neither line aims for a scale so much as an absolute size: IIRC Metal Builds aim for 18-20cm tall (7-8 in.) and RD for 12-15cm (5-6 in.). There can be a lot of wiggle room in there, especially on the RD end; again IIRC, "smaller" designs like the Wing and Victory Gundams tend to the same absolute size as "larger" Unicorns and Sazabis, etc.

Even in the ostensibly stricter world of model kits, scale can fluctuate slightly. The HGAC Wing Gundam, for instance, is similarly larger than it "should be" despite the 1/144 advertised scale.

I suspect that scales actually came second, ie toys were designed for a certain size first and then a rough scale figured out later, but then scale eventually replaced size as the standard.

Is the GFFMC line in roughly 1/100 scale? I think I was confused by this back when the line first started because up to that point, GFF was all 1/144 scale (and specifically 1/144 scale, at that, no wiggle room).

22 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

You're pretty close. Officially, neither line aims for a scale so much as an absolute size: IIRC Metal Builds aim for 18-20cm tall (7-8 in.) and RD for 12-15cm (5-6 in.). There can be a lot of wiggle room in there, especially on the RD end; again IIRC, "smaller" designs like the Wing and Victory Gundams tend to the same absolute size as "larger" Unicorns and Sazabis, etc.

Even in the ostensibly stricter world of model kits, scale can fluctuate slightly. The HGAC Wing Gundam, for instance, is similarly larger than it "should be" despite the 1/144 advertised scale.

I suspect that scales actually came second, ie toys were designed for a certain size first and then a rough scale figured out later, but then scale eventually replaced size as the standard.

Is the GFFMC line in roughly 1/100 scale? I think I was confused by this back when the line first started because up to that point, GFF was all 1/144 scale (and specifically 1/144 scale, at that, no wiggle room).

I think you are right about the size of the toy by the toy line, it just so happens that the size is similar to the scale thus the confusion. As for GFFMC, I think its similar to 1/100 scale, will need to compare my bro’s GFFMC unicorn with his master grade and see if there is a size difference or its the same thing with added metal parts

On 1/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I was informed that event excludes the US. 

that's lame. Not like everything's gonna get reposed to all the usual blogs instantly anyways. I'm just hoping they're gonna have stuff from more than one series per toy line.