37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just got shipping notification from USAGundam Store on my Eva unit 02.

Can't wait, though I have no idea where or how I'll display both units.

Both figures and their entire stabds can fit in a single detolf shelf? They're not very big.

-------

Another Metal Build 00 Raiser comes today after returning my last for joint and paint defects. Wish me luck there.

-------

Going back and forth about getting Crossbone again to go with x2 but man the full cloth is inevitable. 

14 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Both figures and their entire stabds can fit in a single detolf shelf? They're not very big.

My detolfs are slated for Macross stuff, I only have 2.

Most of my stuff is on bookshelves which aren't as deep. Also there's some space issues due to the number of figures, and about twice that number in completed model kits.

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My detolfs are slated for Macross stuff, I only have 2.

Most of my stuff is on bookshelves which aren't as deep. Also there's some space issues due to the number of figures, and about twice that number in completed model kits.

Gotcha gotcha. Well I'm sure you'll figure it out. Half of collecting is being a subconscious tetris expert.

2 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Cantonese language review:

Man, that sucker sure is pretty sweet. I want one because it's so over the top!

@Kuma Style pointed out to me the other day that it may be a little short on articulation. Has anyone seen people pulling off poses with one yet?

Just now, sqidd said:

Has anyone seen people pulling off poses with one yet?

Every video i've seen has been treating this thing very gingerly.  This video goes through a lot of the gimmicks like the opening panels, etc.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I swear I have no idea what you're talking about.

20191219_130321.thumb.jpg.3c845c7124147a7dd758f345cab906d0.jpg

Nope, no idea at all.

My storage area looks like that, then I buy something...

1 minute ago, sqidd said:

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

You can't see the rest of the two full-width shelves in the back full of gunpla kits, or the HG Neo Zeong and 1/20 Gerwalk kits.

Part of the reason I chose my condo was the walk-in closet in the second bedroom. This is said closet now.

1 minute ago, Darth Mingus said:

Every video i've seen has been treating this thing very gingerly.  This video goes through a lot of the gimmicks like the opening panels, etc.

My storage area looks like that, then I buy something...

I need to get back to building gunpla kits, and clear some more space that way. I suppose I could put empty figure boxes in storage...but...I don't want to.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You can't see the rest of the two full-width shelves in the back full of gunpla kits, or the HG Neo Zeong and 1/20 Gerwalk kits.

Part of the reason I chose my condo was the walk-in closet in the second bedroom. This is said closet now.

I need to get the right shelves for storing boxes in my basement. The shelves I have now are too close together. Looks like I'm going to have to brave Sam's Club.<_<

16 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I need to get the right shelves for storing boxes in my basement. The shelves I have now are too close together. Looks like I'm going to have to brave Sam's Club.<_<

Those are just Ikea wardrobes, one fixed shelf in the middle and everything else adjustable. $40 flat delivery fee.

Won't survive being moved, but cheap and it works.

19 hours ago, sqidd said:

Man, that sucker sure is pretty sweet. I want one because it's so over the top!

@Kuma Style pointed out to me the other day that it may be a little short on articulation. Has anyone seen people pulling off poses with one yet?

you don't need poses when it looks AMAZING when it just stand like that >D

22 minutes ago, Arky said:

you don't need poses when it looks AMAZING when it just stand like that >D

So you bought it? I did and I'm pretty disappointed in what I paid over a grand in not having the articulation of a perfect grade model.

Personally if I wanted stuff that just looks nice static I'd invest into statues that look nicer static and wouldn't be disappinting functionally being static.

I'll be honest, it has more articulation than I was expecting.

The amount of internal and external detail is is absolutely detrimental to the articulation possibilities. Takes up space that can otherwise be used for clever articulation methods like sliding/collapsing panels and hidden double-joints. Not to mention how absolutely huge the inner structure of the limbs is.

56 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

So you bought it? I did and I'm pretty disappointed in what I paid over a grand in not having the articulation of a perfect grade model.

Personally if I wanted stuff that just looks nice static I'd invest into statues that look nicer static and wouldn't be disappinting functionally being static.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll be honest, it has more articulation than I was expecting.

The amount of internal and external detail is is absolutely detrimental to the articulation possibilities. Takes up space that can otherwise be used for clever articulation methods like sliding/collapsing panels and hidden double-joints. Not to mention how absolutely huge the inner structure of the limbs is.

I'm not at all interested in getting one now. I have this thing about function (applies to everything). @Kuma Style mentioned elsewhere and I concur. If function wasn't important to me, I would be buying statues (which are generally better looking), not toys. 

Hate to say it but my golden standard is the ultimetal optimus which is bigger than this, tons of diecast, intricacies galore from engineering to electronics and all of the articulation in the world. The only thing that stopped them from adding further articulation is their want and knowing a good number of people who collect this stuff will take solace in owning something high priced that others don't and not care about the rest.  It gets old.

Just now, Lolicon said:

So, uh, shipping is not going to be cheap on the Metal Structure RX-93. :blink:

1339347745_metalstructureshipping.JPG.616550979d2ce5bfecb48b35a8eca6b3.JPG

With how big the box is and the weight, it definitely won't be if shipped from Japan. Around $1200 for the figure + $300 for one set of funnels. It adds up especially if you want double set of funnels. 

1 hour ago, Kuma Style said:

yes I did, I am a little but at the same time I am not. After watching the whole review I totally understand the point they made. 

The guy did mention two distinct point about bandai creating this with the mindset of limiting some of the articulation and wanted a feel of the classic old MG Nu kit that was release decades ago. One thing they did on the forearm is the spring that spring down when you bend the arm but they did not do that on the bicep. If they did that it would exceed the 90 degree, instead they made the effect of opening the bicep to get the '' unicorn '' like mode.

For the leg is the thigh connecting to the hips it limited the movement lifting it up, there are two things, one it could be cause the detail it has with the detail '' plastic tube '' that it has connecting from thigh to hip, have to look the the part where the video show them lifting the skirt up. I think if bandai use something more spring like or allow it to slide it more to the side where it won't over stretch from the back so it gets the legs to raise higher and you can get the knee bending down pose. 

other then that I think it is worth the price. I do not paint kits, so think of it you are paying for the person putting the effort to paint and custom from a PG kit. But even so you will not get the amount of die-cast and the weight and sturdiness from a PG. you custom a PG kit and put the LED can you really move around as much as this MS Nu ? I mean The kit you have to be even more careful to not scratch and to not break any piece as you make a pose. 

this is just my opinion and to me I like it. 

Hopefully their Future MS lineup can be better and take the consideration that fans want to articulate more just to get more amazing pose. 

12 minutes ago, Arky said:

yes I did, I am a little but at the same time I am not. After watching the whole review I totally understand the point they made. 

That's good and I'm glad that you're able to justify your purchase. I am hoping that I can do the same once in hand.

-----

Don't want to let go of crossbone x-2 because looking to purchase today so any feedback would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

So, uh, shipping is not going to be cheap on the Metal Structure RX-93. :blink:

You might want to do what others did with the 1/20 VF-1 and contact HLJ customer support, see what they can possibly do to drop the price on shipping. How heavy, big, or just... whatever... is that figure? Does it come with all the thousand parts separated out on plastic trays?