3 minutes ago, JakCrow said:

The MC version came with a set of orange wings of light. They look pretty striking compared to the pink ones that came with the regular release.

Please post pics and give insight on quality because I've been eyeballing their Inactive Destiny.

Uh oh, it's lookin' like some bad news for some EVA 01 preorders through @Otaku Square.

Here's an email I just received a few minutes ago:

Hello <name>,
A little while ago you placed an order with us for either EVA-01 or EVA-02. Back then, we accepted pre-orders for a considerably longer amount of time than most retailers. The reason we accepted these pre-orders is because we were confident that we were going to be able to deliver on all of them, and had our trust placed in a well established business relation with one of our suppliers.

Last week we received a troubling news from this supplier that a large batch of EVA-01 pre-orders had been cancelled by the manufacturer, and that they would in fact not be able to deliver. As you can probably understand this is a bit of a blow for us, going from the fact that we went around on multiple social networks and messaging boards to re-assure our customers that pre-ordering with us is a safe transaction. Hence why we spent last week contacting multiple other suppliers in an attempt to source the cancelled products from another supplier, before unfortunately having to write this e-mail.

Does this e-mail mean my order is cancelled?
No, it does not. We are sending out this e-mail because we had the displeasure to observe on of our competing stores undergo the same fate, and handling it rather poorly. Orders were being cancelled left and right and there was little to no communication to their customers. Where they had reached out on a message board to secure the sale, it now remained quiet.

Otaku Square is a company that is not only passionate about Japanese pop-culture but we are also passionate in delivering a good experience to all our customers, even in the event that we have to cancel orders of a much wanted product. It is for this reason that after this e-mail we will be monitoring social media and messaging boards, and will be answering to any questions directed at us (that we are aware of.)

Is my EVA-02 pre-order in danger?
As far as we are aware, no. Immediately after receiving the news about EVA-01 we contacted our supplying party, and inquired about our EVA-02 reservations. We have been informed that these reservations are covered and should be safe.

So, what about my order?
After this e-mail goes out, secondary e-mails will be sent out to all customers that we unfortunately have to cancel their orders for. You can expect this e-mail within 1 hour after this one. If you are uncertain after one hour and have not received an e-mail, you can log in at otakusquare.com and view your order status. If you did not create an account, please forward your order confirmation to service@otakusquare.com and our customer service will get back to you within 24 hours.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by any cancellations that may follow. Any customer that has their order cancelled can expect a full refund to be issued within 5 working days.

Best regards,

Customer service

It hasn't been an hour yet since I received this email so I'm not sure if I'm one of those affected. As of writing this, my order status are still open. I guess we'll see.

Edited by epiksol
font color in quote

2 minutes ago, epiksol said:

Uh oh, it's lookin' like some bad news for some EVA 01 preorders through @Otaku Square.

Here's an email I just received a few minutes ago:

It hasn't been an hour yet since I received this email so I'm not sure if I'm one of those affected. As of writing this, my order status are still open. I guess we'll see.

If your order status is still open then you're fine. We have already sent out the e-mails and updated all order statusses. It can take a while for all mail services to properly receive the e-mails, hence the 1 hour period we indicated.

21 minutes ago, Otaku Square said:

If your order status is still open then you're fine. We have already sent out the e-mails and updated all order statusses. It can take a while for all mail services to properly receive the e-mails, hence the 1 hour period we indicated.

Well, that's certainly reassuring. Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry for the supply issues with these. It's a major bummer to deal with on both sides. :(

I bought the Bandai Metal Build Crossbone Gundam X1 and Bandai Metal Build F91 last week.

No pics yet, but here's my observations:

Firstly, I need to say that I'm a big fan of late UC era miniaturized mobile suit designs such as the F90, F91, Victory Gundam etc.

I didn't use to be a fan of the Crossbone Gundam, but after recently reading the manga, the design has really grown on my to the point where it's now one of my favorite mobile suite designs..........I now own the 1/144 scale Crossbone X1 RG model kit, the 1/100 X1 MG model kit and now the Metal Build X1 toy.

Metal Build F91 Gundam Comments

First the negatives:

1. The Metal Build is not anime accurate. It is a stylized redesign/reimagining. This is what put me off buying the Metal Build F91 for so long. If you are like me and love the anime movie F91 design and want an anime-accurate high-end toy of the F91, the Metal Build may not be  for you. Sure, it is recognizable as an F91, but nearly every part has been changed so that it is NOT anime line-art accurate. The most notable and easily spotted changes are the redesign of the VSBRs, the redesigned shape of the chest grill and the redesign of the shoulder armour. The classic and iconic F91 shoulder markings have also been changed so that they are no longer solid red. These redesigns may not bother you, but as an anime/line-art purist they bother me. I did know it was not anime accurate when I bought it, but still went ahead.
  2. Next negative - The V-fin does not attach securely and gets knocked off extremely easily during normal  handling at the slightest touch.
  3. Next negative - The beam shield does not attach securely and gets knocked off extremely easily during normal  handling at the slightest touch.
  4. Minor negative -the box is constructed of quite flimsy card. Maybe I'm spoiled by the Macross Delta DX boxes. Anyway, I'm not a box collector and have already thrown out the F91 box,.
  5. Last negative, there is no gimmick for opening the cockpit hatch. Maybe I'm too used to Master Grade kits, but I love to be able to open the cockpit hatch on mobile suits and see the pilot figure inside. You would think on such a high-end and expensive toy, which is actually physically larger than the 1/100 Master Grade, which does have an opening cockpit feature this would be possible, but sadly it is absent on the Metal Build.
  6. On the positive side, joints are nice and tight, fit, finish, paint applications and markings are all excellent and articulation is very good.

Metal Build Crossbone Gundam X1 Comments

1.  A near perfect figure. Tight joints, great detail, tones of accessories. Looks awesome.
  2.  Good articulation, great fit. The finish, paint apps and markings are perfect. No flaws on mine.
  3. Only negatives I can think of out the box card stock is a bit flimsy. But as with the F91 I have already thrown out the box to save space as I  seldom keep boxes.
  4. The wrist pegs for the hands do seem a little thin, so I'm a bit concerned about stress or breakage if I change the hands too many times as the hand-to-wrist peg fit is quite tight and a bit of force is required to push the hand onto the wrist peg.
  5. The Crossbone Gundam X1 gets a 99% rating from me.

9 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Otaku Square are garbage. they had my Eva-01 pre-ordered cancelled. so many popped up recently but i couldn't buy any as i was locked in this pre-order. now they can it. 

We are sorry you feel that way, and hate that we had to cancel your order. There is always the possibility of another store (or us) opening up orders again due to cancellations coming from customers and if we in some way still find a way to take on reservations, customers that had their orders cancelled can count on priority and hefty discounts.

But for now our most sincere apology is all I can do.

I don't know anything about this particular store but order cancellations have happened with Bandai products damned near universally due to what seems like constantly putting retailers under the assurance that they'll get a certain amount and not coming through.

As a consumer myself I understand that it sucks but it's pretty fair to assume that this retailer or any other isn't going out of their way to build bad rapport and NOT get as may orders as possible for the sake of profit alone.

Seems like Bandai gets a pretty clean slate shorting these retailer's allotments while the retailers get the brunt of it. Sucks to see.

Edited by Kuma Style

1 minute ago, Kuma Style said:

I don't know anything about this particular store but orfet cancellations have happened with Bandai products damned near universally due to what seems like constantly putting retailers under the assurance that they'll get a certain amount and not coming through.

As a consumer myself I understand that it sucks but it's pretty fair to assume that this retailer or any other isn't going out of their way to build bad rapport and NOT get as may orders as possible for the sake of profit alone.

Seems like Bandai gets a pretty clean slate shorting these retailer's alottments while the retailers get the brunt of it. Sucks to see.

Good post.

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

I don't know anything about this particular store but orfet cancellations have happened with Bandai products damned near universally due to what seems like constantly putting retailers under the assurance that they'll get a certain amount and not coming through.

Seems like Bandai gets a pretty clean slate shorting these retailer's alottments while the retailers get the brunt of it. Sucks to see.

6 hours ago, Otaku Square said:

We are sorry you feel that way, and hate that we had to cancel your order. There is always the possibility of another store (or us) opening up orders again due to cancellations coming from customers and if we in some way still find a way to take on reservations, customers that had their orders cancelled can count on priority and hefty discounts.

59 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Mine was also cancelled by Otaku Square, which sucks, but I do appreciate that they were up front about it in their email and gave an explanation.  I hate it when we get the run around.

Yup! At least OS is communicating it unlike *ahem* Nippon-yas... 

On 10/14/2019 at 7:31 AM, Otaku Square said:

this is still horrible but i'm glad you posted unlike bluefin. 

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this is still horrible but i'm glad you posted unlike bluefin. 

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

What happened with bluefin? Did they cancel preorders? I never received a notification :/

Curious about this myself. I haven't received any type of notification and order still says processing. @BluefinBrands are you guys being affected by these recent allocation changes?

For those who got their EVA-01 Cancelled. It's on sale at NY for almost MSRP 27000 Yen

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/28091-metal-build-eva-01-test-type-reissue.html

Gundam RX-78-2 GFFMC21500 yen

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/27634-gundam-fix-figuration-metal-composite-rx-78-02-gundam-40th-anniversary-ver-.html

Gundam Psycho Gloss version GFFMC:  21080 yen

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/28040-gundam-fix-figuration-metal-composite-psyco-gundam-gloss-color-ver-limited-edition.html

Edited by Grey728

7 hours ago, Grey728 said:

7 hours ago, epiksol said:

@davidwhangchoi @sumyumgoy See post above for EVA 01. 

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

P-Bandai - Metal Build - High Maneuver Test Pack for Gundam Astraea
Price: 16500 yen
Release date: Apr 2020
Pre-order will start from Oct 18, 2019

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/29573-metal-build-gundam-astraea-high-maneuver-test-pack-limited-edition.html

74214447_10220688558422695_876090744752832512_n.jpg

Im just taking a guess here but the MB Astrea is not included and this is just an accessory pack?

On 10/2/2019 at 5:52 PM, mog_kupo said:

New Metal Build and Fix Figuration announcement on october 25

71837723_135685281132687_7651800248632737792_n.jpg

Is there any hope that this secret announce in Metal Build line is not "Metal Build - Gundam Astraea High Maneuver Test Pack - Limited Edition"?