You know, even though this is an older MB, I really have to vent my displeasure over the MB Tactical Arms and the changes Bandai made to the sword with the ridiculous extension to the handle. It makes the thing even more bulky and unwieldy than the MG Red Frame's version, and I just don't see a point to it. It makes the thing even heavier for the MB Red Frame on its stand. I realize they wanted to make something new for the Metal Build, but they could have done something along the lines of what they did for the Perfect Grade kit, which updated the torch / gun with a new look.

12 hours ago, JakCrow said:

I could use a spare stand adapter for my MC Kshatriya. I've already broken one and got a replacement from the store I bought it from, but I could use one or two spare.

Here is K adapter with improvement design.in my case i received spare one from the shop too, but it was same weakness adapter. This one is more strong to keep weight of Kshatriya.

IMG_20190730_103636.thumb.jpg.897deaeadfe27bd6033ac23b1e90dd34.jpg

About the ordering, i wrote @Xigfrid about this tread, hope he will answer here as soon as possible or you can PM him.

The Metal Build's adapters are good too for keeping Gundams on the stands. And they are more solid than originals from clear plastic.

Spoiler

IMG_20190730_103711.jpgIMG_20190730_103721.jpg

Edited by doomgart

7 hours ago, oshinex said:

Just curious, why are some of your connectors being broken? is it from too much movements?

In my case for Aile Strike the adapter was broken after regular placing the gundam on it. No any additional pressures or some kind of fallen.

In case of the Kshatriya - there are too weak construction of the adapter's bottom pin for mounting it on the stand, and this pin after first connection to the stand pin has a lot of scratches. And under big weight of the Ksatriya this scratchres will be more and deeper. And i would prefer to replace it on something more secure. Because this Kshatriya can damage me if it will fall on me from the shelf.

4 minutes ago, oshinex said:

For anyone that cares about the MB EVA 02 preorders from BlueFin. 

728928783_ScreenShot2019-08-01at10_55_14AM.png.d585ecbf6b42c23510322b5792ab48dd.png63950320_ScreenShot2019-08-01at10_55_23AM.png.1b493be3634533379d60d05b63cb94ea.png1885804268_ScreenShot2019-08-01at10_55_32AM.png.52cee3f4b50c2f2468501de145a71f37.png

Yay, thanks for the heads up @oshinex

Did you end up keeping your order for 5 x EVA 02? I ordered 2 copies but canceled 1. Trying to cut back! Haha

20 hours ago, oshinex said:

Just curious, why are some of your connectors being broken? is it from too much movements?

The stand adapter for the Kshatriya I have developed stress cracks, and when I added the new gatling guns w/ sub arms kit, the weight was just too much for those cracks

So 3rd party add on kits for metal builds is a thing now. In case you feel like the MB EVA-01 was too big of a departure from the show design:

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-main-engine-me-me-p01-mep01-upgrade-kit-for-bandai-spirit-metal-build-eva-01-test-type_p1554.html

a0bb0f3447.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Seems like it's kind of really incredibly fundamentally missing the point. If you're gonna get the MB, it's because it deviates so far from the original design. Changing the head and shoulders (and ankle guard?) is like a 10% fix at best when the arms and trunk and legs and feet and proportions thereof are still so specifically MB.

50 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Seems like it's kind of really incredibly fundamentally missing the point. If you're gonna get the MB, it's because it deviates so far from the original design. Changing the head and shoulders (and ankle guard?) is like a 10% fix at best when the arms and trunk and legs and feet and proportions thereof are still so specifically MB.

I don't think it's missing the point at all.  All those other areas are still evocative of the original design in a way that turning the shoulder pylons into a backpack really isn't. personally I think the backpack wings are okay, but I'd appreciate the option and can see wanting a more traditional silhouette while still maintaining the overall styling of the MB. And with the ankle guards, most likely that's just to change the color from orange to green, which is a small change but makes a world of difference in how the colors are distributed. As for the head, the original MB head just sucks. Even if you like everything else they've done to the design, that head still looks stupid when viewed strait on. It's seriously the biggest turn off about the toy.

I'm not going to say that I'm 100% on board with their sculpting choices, but the idea behind this kit makes sense to me.

Edited by anime52k8

For anyone who recently (I placed the order at the end of June) ordered the MB EVA-01 from Entertainment Earth it looks like they got their stock. My order shows processing on their site and with my credit card company.

I might check out that upgrade kit too, just for kicks and giggles.

-b.

22 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

For anyone who recently (I placed the order at the end of June) ordered the MB EVA-01 from Entertainment Earth it looks like they got their stock. My order shows processing on their site and with my credit card company.

I might check out that upgrade kit too, just for kicks and giggles.

-b.

That’s great news but my order got changed to back order. I don’t think I’ll be getting one tbh

19 hours ago, Alto-23 said:

That’s great news but my order got changed to back order. I don’t think I’ll be getting one tbh

Well hopefully they still fulfill your order. The item page says preorder to release in September so at least they are still expecting additional stock.

To the best of my knowledge there was only one time EE had issues getting stock, and that was for one of the Metal Build Gundam figures.

Otherwise they've always been extremely reliable.

-b.

I got my MB Astraea + GN Mega Launcher on Friday. No missing parts. I really dig the whole GN condenser shield feeding the canon. My only minor complaint is it should have come with a 2nd standard shield, but there are a couple 3rd parties releasing a shield kit for this soon, and one of them even includes a 2nd canon so you'll be able to reproduce the double canon option shown in the promo photos, without having to sink another $100+ into Bandai's MB accessories

The original MC Gundam Origin release and the 40th anniversary edition that just came out (right). Pretty much the same toy, as expected. The 40th anniversary has some different markings and uses a lighter shade of blue and has yellow eyes. That one's the keeper for me; I prefer it over the red eyes.

IMG_20190806_191920.thumb.jpg.c23fb2313d3a9477d10a65a7cc86478d.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

The original MC Gundam Origin release and the 40th anniversary edition that just came out (right). Pretty much the same toy, as expected. The 40th anniversary has some different markings and uses a lighter shade of blue and has yellow eyes. That one's the keeper for me; I prefer it over the red eyes.

Thanks for the comparison shots.

I’m eagerly awaiting Char’s Zaku II as well

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

*snip*

Nice! N-Y just got around to shipping mine a day ago (:angry:) and I can't wait to do a side-by-side comparison as well. The shield on my original was so flimsy that I ended up using superglue to keep it from falling apart. Hopefully the 40th Anniversary Edition one doesn't suffer that same issue.

-b.

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

IMG_20190806_191920.thumb.jpg.c23fb2313d3a9477d10a65a7cc86478d.jpg

Nice! :good:

This is just me. But I think I like the original release color except for the red eyes. ^_^ Too bad I don't have the original release. If so, I might try to swap the head with the incoming 40th one. Hehehe. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! :good:

This is just me. But I think I like the original release color except for the red eyes. ^_^ Too bad I don't have the original release. If so, I might try to swap the head with the incoming 40th one. Hehehe. :lol: 

Wanna buy an original release? Got one brand new and sealed ready to go ^_^

19 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Wanna buy an original release? Got one brand new and sealed ready to go ^_^

Hahaha! :lol:  You're trying to make me spend more, sir. :diablo:

But just for the sake of you offering me, can you check if the head shares the same color tint and if it's easy to pull, remove and swap? :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

But just for the sake of you offering me, can you check if the head shares the same color tint and if it's easy to pull, remove and swap? :rolleyes:

hmmmm its brand new sealed :pardon:

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

30 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

So...uh...if you guys don't come to an arrangement I'm interested. 

:D

-b.

37 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

5 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So...uh...if you guys don't come to an arrangement I'm interested. 

:D

-b.

I was about to PM me to hold it till next year. :ph34r: 

Now I have to PM and beg him. I hate you, B. Hahaha! :lol:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I was about to PM me to hold it till next year. :ph34r: 

Now I have to PM and beg him. I hate you, B. Hahaha! :lol:

LOL!

It's all yours buddy, I don't have a "need", but the prospect of an extra that's MISB was awfully tempting.

-b.