I'll expect the 2nd round POs for Eva-02 to be slightly easier since you guys gotten yours from BF. :p

On another note, apparently Yodobashi Kyoto has allowed only Japan residents to PO Eva-02 in a bit to combat chinese scalpers. Can't verify its authenticity.

183536e2yi1cughubycc2z.jpg

Edited by eXis10z

4 hours ago, doomgart said:

If the Eva02 will be released after jan2020 on otakusquare, it can be not covered by paypal, because they provide about 180 days for safety shopping, as i know.

Their expected ship date is Nov. 2019.

Also, I wouldn't worry about them. They're a legitimate business in the Netherlands. Here's the info from their order confirmation in case you want to verify:

Otaku Square is a legal entity registered in the Netherlands (KvK)
E-mail: info@otakusquare.com - Phone: +31(0)850013955
Chamber of Commerce: 72435976 - VAT: NL230492459B01

Edited by epiksol
typo

18 minutes ago, epiksol said:

Their expected ship date is Nov. 2019.

Also, I wouldn't worry about them. They're a legitimate business in the Netherlands. Here's the info from their order confirmation in case you want to verify:

Otaku Square is a legal entity registered in the Netherlands (KvK)
E-mail: info@otakusquare.com - Phone: +31(0)850013955
Chamber of Commerce: 72435976 - VAT: NL230492459B01

Actually, no. Nov. 2019 is release date for Eva 01 Reissue. For Eva 02 - Jan. 2020

17 hours ago, BluefinBrands said:

Hi everyone, this is Bluefin. There was an error, and the item was never meant to go live. However, this was our error, and we intend to fill the orders that were placed. This item was a pre-order, and should ship closer to the end of the year. There was no nefarious intentions in the posting of the item, it was simply an error on our end. It is impressive that you guys found the page, as it was not meant to be listed and had no image or description. We knew we had the best fans, but now we know we also have the cleverest. 

We have been striving to increase the number of Metal Builds that come into the US, and if more become available, we will let you know. The item will still be allocated to our partner stores, and they should be doing their order in the coming weeks. 

If you placed an order through us, you should be getting an email from our Customer Service in the next day or so. 

Thanks!

This is great news! And welcome to MacrossWorld, @BluefinBrands! :drinks:

By the way, since no one asked this. What are the chances that you guys might carry MACROSS stuff from Bandai? ^_^

11 hours ago, doomgart said:

If the Eva02 will be released after jan2020 on otakusquare, it can be not covered by paypal, because they provide about 180 days for safety shopping, as i know.

thx nice catch! I'm using AMEX behind paypal so I can always turn to credit card company if things fails. I'm actually more worried that otaku square doesn't have enough inventory for international buyers like us...

13 minutes ago, BluefinBrands said:

It's a licensing thing. We have several people in our office that actively track the status of the U.S. license.  

If you can convince Bandai to expand it overseas in 2021 when the HG license expires, I'd be all-in.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

EVA 01 and EVA 02 on sale on ebay for $250 plus shipping from a seller with ~5000 100% positive feedback! I'd jump on these ASAP!

EVA 01

EVA 02

I noticed that too but with some concerns so didn't pull the trigger. Usually ebay has 60 days for you to leave feedback, but by the time these items reach destination it will be long past 60 days, and if anything wrong I guess ebay will hardly be on your side. Additionally, all other ebay sellers are scalping more so this outstanding price makes me hesitated. Just some thoughts. Great price I must say.

1 hour ago, BluefinBrands said:

It's a licensing thing. We have several people in our office that actively track the status of the U.S. license.  

Thanks for replying. Good to know that you guys are into this as well. Let’s hope that by 2021 everything will be settled. So you guys can bring in some Macross love here in the U.S. ^_^

Just now, weiw said:

I noticed that too but with some concerns so didn't pull the trigger. Usually ebay has 60 days for you to leave feedback, but by the time these items reach destination it will be long past 60 days, and if anything wrong I guess ebay will hardly be on your side. Additionally, all other ebay sellers are scalping more so this outstanding price makes me hesitated. Just some thoughts. Great price I must say.

Paypal has your side beyond 60 days. If you use Paypal, you’re 180 days protected. If that didn’t help, then you can still file claim with your credit card that you use with the transaction.

3 hours ago, weiw said:

thx nice catch! I'm using AMEX behind paypal so I can always turn to credit card company if things fails. I'm actually more worried that otaku square doesn't have enough inventory for international buyers like us...

Wouldn't worry about that, we place reservations on-demand, and if it turns out we can no longer place them we stop offering an item for pre-orders ;) Even though our focus is primarily European customers, we are also dedicated to delivering quality service to any country we are able to serve. And in the rare event that we can't deliver you'll simply be fully refunded by us.

We noticed some confusion as to when our pre-orders will ship, and as some of you have already answered:

EVA 01 is set to ship in November 2019, EVA 02 is set to ship in January 2020. (However it would not be the first time an item shows up early in our fulfillment center.) These indications only apply for pre-orders placed with us, we can't speak for other retailers.

Our apologies if this post sounds advertise-ish, but we are a quite new and unknown company for most customers and thought it'd be nice to jump in and clarify some matters.

^ Riekelt, Customer Service

47 minutes ago, Otaku Square said:

Wouldn't worry about that, we place reservations on-demand, and if it turns out we can no longer place them we stop offering an item for pre-orders ;) Even though our focus is primarily European customers, we are also dedicated to delivering quality service to any country we are able to serve. And in the rare event that we can't deliver you'll simply be fully refunded by us.

We noticed some confusion as to when our pre-orders will ship, and as some of you have already answered:

EVA 01 is set to ship in November 2019, EVA 02 is set to ship in January 2020. (However it would not be the first time an item shows up early in our fulfillment center.) These indications only apply for pre-orders placed with us, we can't speak for other retailers.

Our apologies if this post sounds advertise-ish, but we are a quite new and unknown company for most customers and thought it'd be nice to jump in and clarify some matters.

Amazing! This thread is on fire:)

59 minutes ago, Otaku Square said:

Welcome to the MacrossWorld, @Otaku Square! ^_^

This is nice! Customer Service keeping in touch with the customers and the fans. Kudos, guys! :drinks:

3 hours ago, Otaku Square said:

wow, great! i just ordered eva -01 from your site. thank you!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

3 hours ago, Otaku Square said:

@Otaku Square Thanks for the clarification! Double thanks on the extra mile in customer service!

19 hours ago, SaitouSad said:

Oh, I know them. Their P-Bandai stuff is almost always very expensive, and they always get stock cut for Metal Builds. 

I get stuff from them time to time. I think they are alright though.

could you guys point me to physical shops where I can get a po on sg? I've seen some on carousell but not that sure. this past week has been very stressful. and I was legit on sick leave on Monday, can't do a thing...

19 hours ago, SaitouSad said:

Oh, I know them. Their P-Bandai stuff is almost always very expensive, and they always get stock cut for Metal Builds. 

I get stuff from them time to time. I think they are alright though.

could you guys point me to physical shops where I can get a po on sg? I've seen some on carousell but not that sure. this past week has been very stressful. and I was legit on sick leave on Monday, can't do a thing...

4 hours ago, Numbninja said:

@Otaku Square do u have a pay later option or is it upfront?...i would love to purchase both eva from your site....thanx in advance

We currently only offer orders under upfront payment, we are looking into offering other payment schemes in the future however this is unfortunately not something we can offer at the moment.

6 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

No one place order from the ebay seller posted a few post ago? 

I just placed an order for the Eva 01. There was a $5 eBay coupon so $265 shipped. Not too bad :unknw:

24 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I just placed an order for the Eva 01. There was a $5 eBay coupon so $265 shipped. Not too bad :unknw:

Me too...but I got charged tax, not sure why since it's out of the country.

Edit:  Just called ebay...apparently it just started on June 1 for certain items.  Sucks but it can't be helped I guess.

Edited by sumyumgoy

8 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

No one place order from the ebay seller posted a few post ago? 

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

2 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Me too...but I got charged tax, not sure why since it's out of the country.

Edit:  Just called ebay...apparently it just started on June 1 for certain items.  Sucks but it can't be helped I guess.

Placed an order yesterday when the listing showed (7) Eva 01's available. Now there are more than (10) with (19) sold.

Still feel like it's a roll of the dice, but it's a decent enough bet since they have close to 5000 ratings and are at 100%. I even looked at some to make sure they weren't cheap items or items that weren't high-end collectibles and nothing I saw raised any red flags.

Still I'm insanely curious about where they're getting their stock from.

-b.

4 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Placed an order yesterday when the listing showed (7) Eva 01's available. Now there are more than (10) with (19) sold.

Still feel like it's a roll of the dice, but it's a decent enough bet since they have close to 5000 ratings and are at 100%. I even looked at some to make sure they weren't cheap items or items that weren't high-end collectibles and nothing I saw raised any red flags.

-b.

My guess would be they were testing the waters with the initial allocation and when they started getting bites it was decided to reserve more units from their supplier to continue offering them.

5000+ ratings @ 100% is absurdly reliable.

1 minute ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

I did reach out to them just to get an idea how well they can meet the demand and they were quick and responsive which put me a bit more at ease.  Here's hoping we all get our Evas come November!