4 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

Keep in mind for those of you giving in to NY already: Bluefin already has a direct order page up and that pretty much guarantees the regular US suspects will have it in stock, for $240.

Yeah, I wish I was a US citizen or resident. I'd have ordered from Bluefin in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, for a non-US citizen/resident like me, NY was pretty much my only option for now.

8 minutes ago, brouken said:

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I haven't watched the series again in a while. I think I'll dig up my old DVDs and do a re-watch. :D

No need to rewatch, kabayan. Google is fine. ^_^ 

Hehe, thanks Noel! But I'm actually feeling like a re-watch of the entire original series. I've re-watched the Rebuild movies quite a bit. I have a strong feeling that the Metal Build Eva-00 will be released in time for the fourth Rebuild movie next year.

The metal build madness is driving collectors to the wall. Over here in Singapore, physical shops are opening POs at +50% above the recommended yen retail price. 

One shop is even taking bids on its Facebook page to award the top bidders for the limited stocks he will be getting. 

Not sure if the situation is the same in Hong Kong. 

Over at Japan, the Chinese are queuing at physical shops in akihabara to place their pre orders for metal build now.

Got one at Anime-Export but holy crap what a mess... Amiami never loaded and when it did it was just to tell me there was heavy site traffic, I never saw the PO button live. HLJ only loaded the "whoops our bad" page so screw HLJ and that damn site. 

Just now, anubis20 said:

Got one at Anime-Export but holy crap what a mess... Amiami never loaded and when it did it was just to tell me there was heavy site traffic, I never saw the PO button live. HLJ only loaded the "whoops our bad" page so screw HLJ and that damn site. 

I got lucky enough to get off Amiami but since I picked up on bluefin I’m definitely going to give it away. I’m only concerned about my bluefin per order being canceled from how long the pre order has been open

29 minutes ago, gochow said:

Dang, should have purchased at 32000 lol

I feel like I’m being priced out of this hobby :/

I vowed to never give my preorder business to Nippon Yasan after the VF-31 Kairos debacle. It wasn't because of them cancelling my preorder for having insufficient stock, it was the extreme difficulty I had in processing the store credit they game me (they couldn't provide a refund). Their process wouldn't allow me to buy an item that was lesser in cost than the Kairos and have the shipping be covered by the difference. Nippon Yasan recommended that I request that the credit amount be broken up into two - the cost of the item and the cost of the shipping. I made the request and they never responded. After several emails, I decided to just get the whole thing over with and buy a more expensive item and pay for the difference with additional funds. It seemed to me that the only way to process that store credit was to either find an item with the exact cost of the store credit or find an item that was costlier. Not to mention tying up my funds for over a year with that preorder. Nippon Yasan is not to be trusted. Avoid at all cost.

Yeah a lot of folks are not fans of NY after the 31A debacle.

I’ve had issues with nin nin and “high demand” items detailed in this post:

Looks like they’ve avoided this issue by skipping MSRP and going right to “aftermarket” pricing. YMMV

2 minutes ago, Foblander said:

Bluefin down Bluefin down!

The waiting for other US retailers begins.

On a side note, I was able to get an order in with Bluefin earlier this morning so I'm hoping that's all I'll need. And yes, the good night's sleep was worth it. Wouldn't it be sweet if in two or three years Bandai were able to bring more items to the US directly? Dare I say, even their Macross line-up? LoL, I can dream. ^_^

*crosses fingers*

Wow they removed the whole page. They must've got into work and realized the glitch. Even with the Nu Gundam, they left the page up with an Out of Stock notice. 

There were no photos, limits on order, or descriptions. I smell plenty of refunds coming. 

9 minutes ago, oshinex said:

Wow they removed the whole page. They must've got into work and realized the glitch. Even with the Nu Gundam, they left the page up with an Out of Stock notice. 

There were no photos, limits on order, or descriptions. I smell plenty of refunds coming. 

Probably I was even surprised they sell to individuals I though they sell to retailers only. Either way thr retailers would be pissed if we bought the whole stock and cut them out.

4 minutes ago, moose said:

Probably I was even surprised they sell to individuals I though they sell to retailers only. Either way thr retailers would be pissed if we bought the whole stock and cut them out.

I'm sure they have had agreements with retailers and orders days ago. Keep in mind that retailer/distributer relationships are very different and more time sensitive than retailer to end user. 

As upsetting it is for us consumers that the practice of scalping, mark-ups and price-gouging exists, from a business standpoint, its fair game. Execs in NY have probably and rightly deduced that they’ll be missing out on huge profits if they sell at strictly MSRP. Its inevitable that scalpers would just buy and sell at a higher price, so why not cut the middle man out and do the scalping themselves, right?

Unless Bandai implements some kind of penalty on authorized resellers for marking up their products, there is zero incentive for resellers not to get in on the scalping action. And even if Bandai did it, it won’t stop individual sellers from scalping.

Such is our lot as collectors.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Fro those who missed it or just want another Strike on their collection. Bandai is kind of enough to re-release the solo Strike Gundam figure via P-Bandai for January 2020 reelase.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135813 

A8BEF311-B503-4C88-9419-1C66013744FD.thumb.jpeg.f3bf1f86ff119a5deae60d1afea90dbe.jpeg

Whoa. Nippon-Yasan has this for Y11000+ more.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/27960-metal-build-strike-gundam-limited-edition.html

giphy.gif

Not surprising though. :lol:

46 minutes ago, brouken said:

As upsetting it is for us consumers that the practice of scalping, mark-ups and price-gouging exists, from a business standpoint, its fair game. Execs in NY have probably and rightly deduced that they’ll be missing out on huge profits if they sell at strictly MSRP. Its inevitable that scalpers would just buy and sell at a higher price, so why not cut the middle man out and do the scalping themselves, right?

Unless Bandai implements some kind of penalty on authorized resellers for marking up their products, there is zero incentive for resellers not to get in on the scalping action. And even if Bandai did it, it won’t stop individual sellers from scalping.

Such is our lot as collectors.

I heard that the official Hong Kong distributor got a lot of flak for releasing small quantities of the Metal Build Eva Unit 01 to jack up the market price. If even the official people don’t get into trouble for it, what can we do?

13 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Whoa. Nippon-Yasan has this for Y11000+ more.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/27960-metal-build-strike-gundam-limited-edition.html

giphy.gif

Not surprising though. :lol:

The bandi premium website will be shutting down next month so I dont think they will stocking it . But are they planing on reelasing all the metal build gundam they showcased in the exhibit?

3 minutes ago, moose said:

The bandi premium website will be shutting down next month so I dont think they will stocking it . But are they planing on reelasing all the metal build gundam they showcased in the exhibit?

Where did you get that news? Besides the Metal Builds, how can they shut down the site and not to stock it when they have preorder items for next year release? :unknw:

Edited by no3Ljm

To paraphrase what @anime52k8 wrote a page or so back, if Bluefin cancels then they cancel. The upside is that it's pretty much a sure thing that other US stores will be carrying stock of EVA-02, so with Bluefin's "preview" up and alerting everyone we can be on the lookout for amazon US, BBTS, and all the rest.