FEXT Hobby - OWL ONE Armour

Saburo

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Wonder if there's any plans to do a re-run of some of the old 1/100 already sold out.

They seem to be doing re-runs of the most popular sets, 000, 101, and 102F.  There's also a reseller on ebay who seems to have all of them, but he wants almost double the price.  I made the mistake of buying a 102F off of him thinking that these were a limited run thing like most Macross stuff seems to be... then the very next week Fext came out with more of that exact model.  :fool:

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

They seem to be doing re-runs of the most popular sets, 000, 101, and 102F.  There's also a reseller on ebay who seems to have all of them, but he wants almost double the price.  I made the mistake of buying a 102F off of him thinking that these were a limited run thing like most Macross stuff seems to be... then the very next week Fext came out with more of that exact model.  :fool:

I think I have a few of the sellers stuff saved in my ebay account. But twice the amount, I just cant justify the cost. That's what I get for taking a break on collecting. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It’s amazing that they couldn’t get a total of 600 orders out of 5 variations. It really goes to show how niche Macross is even though this is a niche within a niche. 

But not even 600? Yeah, that's too bad. Maybe they might reconsider revisiting the idea, or skipping all together and going right for the 1/48. 

Well poop nuggets.  And I even ordered 2 even though I only have one valk just to support the project (and to get the best of 2 different sets).  I wonder how much the price would have to go up to make a limited run happen.  Or maybe they'd sell the cad files for printing on shapeways or something like that.

58 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

But not even 600? Yeah, that's too bad. Maybe they might reconsider revisiting the idea, or skipping all together and going right for the 1/48. 

Well they are skipping it from what it looks like. 1/48 wouldn’t be a bad Idea but at this point, I’d rather just see some other stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I suspect it’s because it’s too difficult to get 1/60 Valks anymore.

How do? They are still being produced and sold to this day. Either way I’m pretty indifferent to it. I had one ordered and would be happy to have it but I’m not going to miss not having it. Honestly kinda glad and would rather see some other stuff. If they release the dark C&D color scheme for HMR, I might be in to getting those. 

Edited by Slave IV

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Seems lime the 1/60 project was  canceled

Screenshot_20190302-192614.thumb.png.c66326e980f41643065767588dbedbf3.png

Only a company like Bandai is going to get a "pass" with the kind of shenanigans Fexthobby was trying to mimic.....they should have made all weapon/armor combos available for each of 2 sets...a white armor and a grey armor...as a result I passed on all of it...sounds like a lot of other potential customers may have felt the same way... :acute:

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Well they are skipping it from what it looks like. 1/48 wouldn’t be a bad Idea but at this point, I’d rather just see some other stuff. 

How do? They are still being produced and sold to this day. Either way I’m pretty indifferent to it. I had one ordered and would be happy to have it but I’m not going to miss not having it. Honestly kinda glad and would rather see some other stuff. If they release the dark C&D color scheme for HMR, I might be in to getting those. 

Very specific 1/60’s that don’t necessarily match the color schemes of the armors being made plus rather high price tags for any of the 1/60’s you csn still find.  If this were the Yamato hey-day they would have been made, no doubt.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Only a company like Bandai is going to get a "pass" with the kind of shenanigans Fexthobby was trying to mimic.....they should have made all weapon/armor combos available for each of 2 sets...a white armor and a grey armor...as a result I passed on all of it...sounds like a lot of other potential customers may have felt the same way... :acute:

Totally agree. I don’t like the milking attempt and would be more inclined to buy more if they came with all the option parts instead of making people buy the same color scheme armors multiple times to get the different parts. 

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Very specific 1/60’s that don’t necessarily match the color schemes of the armors being made plus rather high price tags for any of the 1/60’s you csn still find.  If this were the Yamato hey-day they would have been made, no doubt.

Maybe, maybe not. I guess we won’t know. For me, I don’t care about color coordinated war machines and it seems like several 1/60’s are on sale but yeah, still expensive compared to the Yamato days when they were being clearanced but then...hard to imagine a 3P back then investing in accessories for Valks that can’t sell at msrp. 

That’s unfortunate.  I was looking forward to the 2 sets that I ordered.

Their HMR armor seemed to have been successful so maybe they should concentrate on more stuff for HMR for the time being.

A poll for the OWL-TWO Booster would be nice to determine whether it should be made similar to the actual SDFM booster or their own interpretation.  Otherwise it might also end up with not enough people interested.

Edited by sh9000

I blame Arcadia when increase the costs of the 1/60 line particularly VF 1 opened the door for the mediocre Hi-metal

I hope with the pressure that Bandai gives with their DX VF-1J force Arcadia to improve the sale prices and make more affordable the 1/60

Yamato-Arcadia-VF-1-Releases-4K-2.jpg

Edited by valhary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...