FEXT Hobby - OWL ONE Armour

Saburo

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Some of the armor variants did sell out quickly. I had to order a few different sets to get the combination I wanted. Even then some of the colors were exclusive to particular armors. 

So, order what you want quickly as a matter of course. Otherwise you may miss out :)

As long as it is not the same PO madness as with Bandai DX line, then it is good. That is the only thing that I worry about.

Since I start collection earlier this January, I have had ZERO success with PO of the DX VF-1 line.

Edited by kkx

Sorry if this had been covered earlier in the thread. 

I am trying to decide if I should get one or two of the current version that is still in stock and get less of the new version.

Or wait for the new version before I decide.

What are the key differences between the two that is not apparent to just comparing photos?

1 minute ago, kkx said:

Sorry if this had been covered earlier in the thread. 

I am trying to decide if I should get one or two of the current version that is still in stock and get less of the new version.

Or wait for the new version before I decide.

What are the key differences between the two that is not apparent to just comparing photos?

The new version will fit on 2-seater valks (VT-1, VE-1, VF-1D).

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The new version will fit on 2-seater valks (VT-1, VE-1, VF-1D).

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

The second wave fits 2 seaters.

Thanks.

Nice to be able to fit both 1 and 2 seaters. Ok, will wait for the new version then.

• 2 years later...

Fext Hobby has some Black Friday sales, but it is ending in just few hours. A great time for folks to pick up some OWL-ONE sets.. The combo set at $31.14 appears to be much, much more than the 40% off it says in the description.

Black Friday 2021 - Special Sales – Fext Hobby (fext-hobby.myshopify.com)

Edited by MKT

• 1 year later...

I've been wanting to make this in 1/60 scale, and eventually will, but I think the easiest way to do this would be to scan it, resize it, clean it up, and then shape the connecting parts properly for a Yamato/Arcadia.

1 hour ago, Jasonc said:

I've been wanting to make this in 1/60 scale, and eventually will, but I think the easiest way to do this would be to scan it, resize it, clean it up, and then shape the connecting parts properly for a Yamato/Arcadia.

That would be cool. Fext Hobby was intending to make this in 1/60 but supposedly didn't get enough preorder commitments at the time.

Indeed, a shame that the 1/60s did not see the light of day.... but they were a ittle too late....... if they were mooted during the 1/60s heyday, it might have a different outcome.

Here are my HMR versions 

53306084372_42c922d17d_k.jpg

Edited by BlueMax

On 11/1/2023 at 4:49 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That would be cool. Fext Hobby was intending to make this in 1/60 but supposedly didn't get enough preorder commitments at the time.

I remember that time frame they gave it. They were wanting really high numbers for it, too, which is a bit of a shame. I think the fact that these are completely gone, and only rarely pop up is a good thing, especially since I don't believe this is a licensed design (although it attaches to one). A little gray market no doubt, but they do look pretty decent. It'd be nice to make this as just a complete set, with all options available, and each person can just mix/match all the various components, instead of sets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, R0P3-F15H said:

Shame it never got enough traction to get a full release, would have loved to have a set.

On 11/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, BlueMax said:

Indeed, a shame that the 1/60s did not see the light of day.... but they were a ittle too late....... if they were mooted during the 1/60s heyday, it might have a different outcome.

Here are my HMR versions 

53306084372_42c922d17d_k.jpg

Sadly, they were not able to get the numbers they wanted for PO for the 1/60th OWL One armor.  FEXT had reached out to me and asked me to photograph the 2 sample units they had.  I agreed and shipped them to me from Hong Kong to the US via FedEx.  The 2 samples were not the final but they looked amazing.

Although the 1/60 OWL-One armor never entered production, I was honored to be asked to photograph the two samples.

33038326998_274da38542_h.jpg

47143144381_3d7916c0d5_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

That's a bummer.  But it was really poor timing.  There just weren't cheap 1/60's floating around by that point anymore.

@Mommar agreed the timing was bad for the 1/60 scale, but was great for the HM-R line.  It would have been interesting if they had gotten the 1/60 OWL- ONE funded. I had several conversations with FEXT about their plans for the HM-R and 1/60-scale Valkyries. I am not at liberty to say, but they had some really cool things in the works.

18 hours ago, Saburo said:

Sadly, they were not able to get the numbers they wanted for PO for the 1/60th OWL One armor.  FEXT had reached out to me and asked me to photograph the 2 sample units they had.  I agreed and shipped them to me from Hong Kong to the US via FedEx.  The 2 samples were not the final but they looked amazing.

Although the 1/60 OWL-One armor never entered production, I was honored to be asked to photograph the two samples.

33038326998_274da38542_h.jpg

47143144381_3d7916c0d5_h.jpg

Fantastic! Valk pics are so much better when they're in focus. 😉