1/72 Kamjin Kit Reissue

Return To Kit Form

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

That's the regular Zentran soldier also sculpted by the Captain.

Have both kits and they are awesome. You should get Brett's reissue.

They look good....have you built them? 

If so could you snap a pic of them both next to a 1/60 VF-1 when you have a chance?

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

They look good....have you built them? 

If so could you snap a pic of them both next to a 1/60 VF-1 when you have a chance?

Not built yet, but I can post a pic next to a 1/60 VF-1 and next to 1/60 T-Rex Kamjin.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

On 8/6/2018 at 11:31 PM, GMK said:

Wow! What’s that other figure? 

Ignacio is correct! That's the soldier kit tgat we will also be te releasing at some point. I'm in the middle of cleaning up the first casting and eill post some comparison pictures when I have him tacked together. I  gave s 1/60 Vf-1 for those curious about how he scales out. 

- Brett 

On 8/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

That's the regular Zentran soldier also sculpted by the Captain.

Have both kits and they are awesome. You should get Brett's reissue.

Awesome - would love that in 1/72. 

16 minutes ago, Return To Kit Form said:

For those who were curious, here's a quick size comparison with the hastily cleaned up and assembled Kamujin kit next a 1/60 VF-1A, 1/72 ground crew and a 1/72 Regult Heavy Missile Carrier.

Oh and a severed head :p

- Brett

If there's a picture, I don't see it

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It's on the R2KF FB page....

38757696_2126199880964117_52085825472477

Seems more meltran-sized or on the shorter end of a Zentran soldier.....at 1/60 Kamjin would need to be pretty close to shoulder-height to the VF-1....

Agreed. He's a bit short for 1/60 and could arguably be too short for 1/72 unless you care about figures fitting into the vehicles. 138mm at 1/72 scales out at 9.936m and hes just able to fit in the Glaug when the Glaug is sized correctly for 1/72. Damn you anime magic! Damn you to hell!

- Brett 

Edited by Return To Kit Form

• 2 weeks later...

My Kamujin has arrived, courtesy of R2KF and Moscato Models.  I intend to fully articulate the figure before painting, of course, but for now here's a quick-and-dirty assembly just to establish scale:

On 8/10/2018 at 1:32 AM, jvmacross said:

Seems more meltran-sized or on the shorter end of a Zentran soldier.....at 1/60 Kamjin would need to be pretty close to shoulder-height to the VF-1....

Agreed.  That's why I think he scales great with HMR... pretty much exactly the "cartoon scale" I was hoping for.  :D

313850965_UNSpacyscale.thumb.jpg.10ad64b6bd99c8442be491ed9070ec60.jpg

1076185696_Zentraediscale.thumb.jpg.4fa9168551f15b81d43b46a55e1162f3.jpg

He'd be hard-pressed to fit into either of those cockpits, of course, but that's the height Zentraedi soldiers were depicted at in the series... and Quamzin was supposedly taller than most Zentraedi (as fleet commanders typically were, it would seem).

I just hope Bandai follows suit with their Vrlitwhai figure... if it ever sees the light of day, that is.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

My Kamujin has arrived, courtesy of R2KF and Moscato Models.  I intend to fully articulate the figure before painting, of course, but for now here's a quick-and-dirty assembly just to establish scale:

Agreed.  That's why I think he scales great with HMR... pretty much exactly the "cartoon scale" I was hoping for.  :D

313850965_UNSpacyscale.thumb.jpg.10ad64b6bd99c8442be491ed9070ec60.jpg

1076185696_Zentraediscale.thumb.jpg.4fa9168551f15b81d43b46a55e1162f3.jpg

He'd be hard-pressed to fit into either of those cockpits, of course, but that's the height Zentraedi soldiers were depicted at in the series... and Quamzin was supposedly taller than most Zentraedi (as fleet commanders typically were, it would seem).

I just hope Bandai follows suit with their Vrlitwhai figure... if it ever sees the light of day, that is.  :unsure:

A much better "fit" within the HMR toys.....especially the UNS mechs... playing around with some forced perspective shots and they could work well with the enemy mecha too

• 2 weeks later...