Batman: Hush - DCU Animated Movie (Summer 2019)

no3Ljm

BMHushGN_5b50e0f1a62850.50395024.jpg.3deb0bc0df9e2711af401fad2790182d.jpg

In late 2002, acclaimed writer Jeph Loeb and a talented artist known for his work at Marvel, Image and WildStorm named Jim Lee debuted a 12-part Batman storyline in the pages of BATMAN #608. The story’s title was “Hush,” and the simple name belied a surprisingly complex story that would feature much of the Dark Knight’s popular rogues’ gallery, hint at the eventual return of the once dead Jason Todd, introduce Bruce Wayne’s childhood friend Tommy Elliot and bring the romantic undertones of Batman’s relationship with Catwoman to the forefront for the first time.

It’s a story that’s ripe with cinematic potential, as we’ll likely discover when it’s brought to animated life as part of the next wave of DC Universe Movies.

Sources: 
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/07/20/batman-hush-is-getting-an-animated-movie

https://www.cbr.com/batman-hush-animated-film-announcement/

This is one exciting news. I love HUSH storyline. And of course, I love Jim Lee's art. The other big Batman storylines that I want them to make as an animated featurette is Sword of Azrael, and Knightfall. I don't mind it even if they do it in Batman Animated (Bruce Timm) style. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 11:41 PM, no3Ljm said:

This is one exciting news. I love HUSH storyline. And of course, I love Jim Lee's art. The other big Batman storylines that I want them to make as an animated featurette is Sword of Azrael, and Knightfall. I don't mind it even if they do it in Batman Animated (Bruce Timm) style. ;)

If they ERASED Ben Affleck and replaced him with Bruce Timm's batman they'd be infinitely better...

Hush is one of my favorite Batman arcs, and since DC Animated is doing it, that means this storyline will be safe from the hands of the WB Live-Action people. *massive relief*

Sword of Azrael and Knightfall would be sweet.

Edited by slide

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
59 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yikes. And all the while I thought they're going to do this like a stand-alone kind of thing and be faithful to the source material like Year One or Gotham by Gaslight movies and try not to fit it in the established animated continuity.  Oh well. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Not an official trailer but it's mostly clips from some preview that was edited by some users at YouTube:

I love Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb's HUSH in the comics, but after seeing the clips and the changes, I'm not sure how I feel about this animation movie. :unsure:

Sigh. I felt kind of betrayed after seeing the official trailer. Aside from not using Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. I really wish that they treat this as a one special event and make it more in-line with the comic and didn't merge it in their current animation continuity. Oh well. :unsure:

Having not yet read the Hush comics I think I will watch the toon first.  It's funny out of all the Batman trade paperbacks that I've read, not sure why I never read this one.  Guess there was always another Batman story that I thought I needed to consume instead.

• 1 month later...

Yeah that animation doesn't look anything like Jim Lee's art.

I've never read Hush but wanna get into it before I watch this release. I wanna buy the noir hardcover edition..but Amazon's product description says it's Vol. 1 and Wikipedia is quite vague?? 

So my question is: Has anyone got the Hush noir hardcover , does it have the complete 12 issue story?

11 minutes ago, troyness said:

Yeah that animation doesn't look anything like Jim Lee's art.

I've never read Hush but wanna get into it before I watch this release. I wanna buy the noir hardcover edition..but Amazon's product description says it's Vol. 1 and Wikipedia is quite vague?? 

So my question is: Has anyone got the Hush noir hardcover , does it have the complete 12 issue story?

I don't have it. But looks like it is based on this Amazon link description and this YouTube video review.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Noir-Hush-Jeph-Loeb/dp/1401258034

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't have it. But looks like it is based on this Amazon link description and this YouTube video review.

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Noir-Hush-Jeph-Loeb/dp/1401258034

Hey thanks no3Ljm!!

I've seen that YouTube review but didn't mention issue count. My Amazon app listing must've been a Typo. Good to see the correct Amazon product description from the link U provided!! Can't wait to have that noir badboy in my hands. The black and white really compliments Jim Lee art. The mafex figure looks great too. Looking forward to the digital release.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the Blu-ray/DVD combo today and gave it a watch. I liked the story, and some of the dialog made me LOL. The focus was primarily on the complex relationship between Batman/Bruce and Catwoman/Selina, with the Hush storyline as backdrop. 

Spoiler

For whatever reason, they departed from the comic, in which Thomas Elliot, Bruce Wayne's friend from childhood, now a renowned surgeon, is Hush, working with Riddler to bring down Batman. In this version, Riddler is Hush.  I've not read the comics, but having perused the Wikipedia article on Hush, it's a pretty long and complex story, spanning several arcs, even appearing in the Batman: Beyond series. I wish they'd stayed true to the comic, and maybe done Hush as a two or three-parter, just to include more of the other side stories in the mix. Alas, it's still an entertaining entry by DC. Where they fail with live action, they seem to make up for it in spades with their animation.