16 hours ago, Mommar said:

It’s Mothra.  Look at the toy images in the sh figuarts thread.

Or I’ll justpost it here.

8D869269-E571-452E-9EE6-54F73E359129.jpeg.3a34cb2680c8257887f91230d20a70e8.jpeg

I dont think so.  It was clear that those legs in the desert were more scorpion like. It would also mean that she would be upside down with her wings buried. Its also the angle of the legs and thickness.

screen_shot_2018-12-10_at_12.15.08_pm.pn

it just doesnt fit. And the location doesnt fit either

screen_shot_2018-12-10_at_1.03.10_pm.png

and the mountain?

screen_shot_2018-12-10_at_12.16.13_pm.pn

godzilla34.jpg?itok=w5ZE_PCl&timestamp=1

Also the scale here seems insane. Is that a city underneath Gidora

screen-shot-2018-12-10-at-124116-pmjpg.j

Edited by slaginpit

13 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

And on scale. I dont think King Kong is even close to the size of these guys. Or are they going to supersize him with roids.

Maybe King will scale the Big G and try to poke him in the eyes. I read a comment on another site where the poster cited that Kong was young and still growing and since this is 50 years or so later, we’ll maybe that’s what will happen here. Honestly, the director for GvsK has their work cut out for them. This seems like a very hard act to follow. Of course Skull Island did end up surprising me, so who knows.

It was confirmed by John C. Reilley's character in Skull Island that Kong was still a "juvenile", and still had plenty of growing to do. That movie taking place in the 70s, and presumably, Godzilla V Kong will take place whenever the movie actually releases, probably 2021 or so, Kong will have grown plenty big enough to tussle with the Big G. Also, that will be a MASSIVE Kong, like, damn, Kong has never been anywhere near that big. I guess Toho Kong was pretty big, but once again, not that big.

That's gotta be Kumonga rising out of the ground with the huge insect legs, and the mountain? I'm sure fans would HOPE for Anguirus, but if they're going with C listers for little cameos, maybe Baragon? Either way, that kaiju rising out of the mountain is huge as well, hot damn with these scales, these titans really live up to their names.

Also, Mothra DOES have blue eyes and does in fact, look quite cute and cuddly. She does to me at least. Fantastic design once again, holy crap I am excited for this movie!

image.png.889fa839970ea6c6f2e7b37f67cabfa5.png

The scale is not too outrageous, you can actually scale out both the King and Big G very well since there is a visible Osprey V-22 right in between them.  The wingspan is well known on that aircraft, and you can scale up both of these guys.  The sizes seem to mesh very well proportionally with the Japanese series of movies.  Which is pretty good.  Godzilla is shorter, but more buff as opposed to the King, who seem to be larger, but more flimsy.  

You can kind of also infer Godzilla's size from movie one because he passed right under a Nimitz class carrier.

Kong will have one big advantage over Godzilla in any fight, he is likely to be much more agile, and I wouldn't put it past him to go and poke G in the eye a la the Three Stooges.  Kong's biggest defense is if Godzilla can't connect with his atomic breath.   And big G's arms are also quite tiny compared to Kong's meaty paws.  Oh, and did I forget to mention the lack of opposable thumbs.

Edited by kalvasflam

3 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

is it weird that out of all these posters I find the Godzilla one is the least intimidating?

Not really.  Psychologically the other three are either staring you down or approaching you.  You are watching planes fleeing Rodan.  Godzilla has a side profile which does not intimidate a person in the same manner.  Especially not with a little girl just sitting there looking on.

5 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

I find the Godzilla one is the least intimidating

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Godzilla has a side profile which does not intimidate a person in the same manner.

Plus, Legendary Godzilla is portrayed as a heroic figure (as Toho portrayed him in the '70s, like in Godzilla vs. Hedorah), rather than an antagonist (as Toho portrayed him in the '60s, like in Mothra vs. Godzilla).

7 hours ago, Mommar said:

Not really.  Psychologically the other three are either staring you down or approaching you.  You are watching planes fleeing Rodan.  Godzilla has a side profile which does not intimidate a person in the same manner.  Especially not with a little girl just sitting there looking on.

ah, very good points.  I suppose if Godzilla showed a mouthful of teeth, it would be more intimidating.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting, now I'm starting to believe theory of yet more Kaiju that aren't in the posters.

the only way to be sure, outside of viewing the movie, is maybe finding out details in the licensing angle? See if there names of other kaiju potentially being manufactured?

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, the feels.  THE FEELS!

My most anticipated movie of 2019. I'll still be in the theater to watch Cap.Marvel unsnap Thanos fingers or whatever, but I think I've had my fill of spandex and capes.

Only thing I'd be more excited for would be Vilanueve's Dune or a new Macross series debut.

This looks almost too good to be true, it just looks so damn phenomenal. THIS is the sequel we deserved, after being fairly disappointed with the first film in general, THIS is what I expected from a super budget Hollywood take on Godzilla and his buddies. I am insanely excited to get my hands on the brilliant looking MonsterArts figures, these designs are fantastic and this movie looks amazing. Agreed, Endgame will be great I'm sure, Thanos will get defeated, but this is the movie I'm most excited for in 2019.

I am sooooo looking forward to this movie!

I think the mountain monster could be Kumonga 

Kong was basically a teenager in the movie skull island. That's also why I believe it takes place in the past. 

And I'm a huuuuge fan of Battra so I agree the new Mothra design is awesome.

I want all the toys!

From the brief looks, it seem like the real King is slapping down everyone from Rodan to Mothra.  I am curious where they take this afterwards.  Because Hollywood really needs to milk the intellectual property while it can.  Ideally, the King will live to fight another day... I mean you can see a few spin offs here or there.  A spin off of Mothra is possible, she has had her own movie, Rodan is a bit unlikely since he is nothing more glorified chicken. 

I do wonder if we'll throw aliens into the mix at some point though.

Edited by kalvasflam

From the message of the trailer via Vera Farmiga's character, the Titans have awakened due to a threat to Earth, humans. So all these kaiju are gunning for humanity, and yet they show everyone in wonder of these things as they lie dormant. I guess it's like a biogeneticist becoming enamored with the structure of the Ebola virus.

Anyway, the cynic in me would love to see the movie follow through with Vera's dire message, all but wipe out humanity, except for little pockets of people here and there who don't dare emerge as they once did for fear of the Titans' return, and after a century or two have passed, an alien species comes to this seemingly uninhabited world that bears the signs of a long lost civilization. And the whole thing starts over again, despite warnings from the now subjugated humans, until they reach similar levels of global pollution, and we see some bubbling on the surface of the Pacific near Japan. Cut to credits.:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...