Oh good. Another movie with BW where she beats up 5 bigger/stronger men at one time with no super powers of her own. And has never shot anything with her Glocks.

The only way to make BW good is to add a bit of realism. If she;s fighting men twice her size it needs to be DIRTY. Knives would be a good start. Arm bars to breakage and shattered knees not a bad idea. Gouged out eyes. Yep, that would work. Bites ear off. Yep, that too. And gratuitous use of her Glocks. The baddest woman fighters on the planet can't beat men their own size, let alone multiples.....that are a LOT bigger.

If BW took more of a Netflix Daredevil approach plus guns (or John Wick) she would truly be the bad ass she is sold as (and I would pay money to watch it). Up until now she's been a joke.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The movie?  Eh, might be decent, might not, it is a bit late to throw it in.

I'm honestly way more interested in Kapitan Russkiy here, because not only does he look amusing, but he reminds me heavily of one of my best friends, and I'm going to be sorely disappointed if he doesn't attempt that costume at some point. :lol: 

On 12/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, Chronocidal said:

The movie?  Eh, might be decent, might not, it is a bit late to throw it in.

I'm honestly way more interested in Kapitan Russkiy here, because not only does he look amusing, but he reminds me heavily of one of my best friends, and I'm going to be sorely disappointed if he doesn't attempt that costume at some point. :lol: 

Interesting, so Chief Hopper was kidnapped by the Soviets in 1985, taken to Russia where after being exposed to some inter-dimensional energy he gains super powers and becomes Red Guardian.  Then we see Eleven work her way into the MCU.

1 minute ago, easnoddy said:

Interesting, so Chief Hopper was kidnapped by the Soviets in 1985, taken to Russia where after being exposed to some inter-dimensional energy he gains super powers and becomes Red Guardian.  Then we see Eleven work her way into the MCU.

Exactly my theory, on a different site.

Looks good to me, I'm in, Taskmaster finally in the MCU is pretty cool, though I'm not super hot on the costume, just give him the skull mask you cowards! I wonder if Bandai will do a Figuarts Widow, Taskmaster and Red Guardian. Also, that Red Guardian outfit looks fantastic. 

What's the point of this film? To be entertained, I would guess, like most other films. There's no stakes? There weren't in Infinity War either, we knew everyone was coming back in Endgame, still entertaining. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it works like other Coronaviruses it will start kicking back up again in October/November.  If it becomes as big a problem then as it is now then (I can't think of any term harsh enough that would make it through the naughty language filter).  First up we should have herd immunity by then and second off we should have testing for it so it can be tracked better.

3 hours ago, Dynaman said:

If it works like other Coronaviruses it will start kicking back up again in October/November.  If it becomes as big a problem then as it is now then (I can't think of any term harsh enough that would make it through the naughty language filter).  First up we should have herd immunity by then and second off we should have testing for it so it can be tracked better.

There doesn't seem to be a notable seasonal component to it so far.

It has only been around a single season.  Being highly infectious and nobody yet having immunity it will spread even in places still in the midst of summer right now (viruses don't go away in summer they just can't reproduce as easily for some reason).  Even the experts can't agree on what will happen come fall.