Kenichi Sonoda Original Sketch Auctions at Anime Expo

I didn't know if I should put this in the Riding Bean or Gunsmith Cats topic. So I just made one. I figured some here might be interested in winning one of these originals being auctioned at Anime-Link during Anime Expo. You can bid even if you aren't attending.

https://www.anime-link.com/shikishiauctions/

rally.jpeg.597563239b3a73fef19ec6c956f34bdd.jpeg

bean.jpeg.f2e54c1274c2f53a62b8b622f9bb4b80.jpeg

By any chance is anyone here going to Anime Expo? If so, pictures or videos of the Anime-Link booth or other cel dealers would be appreciated. I'm curious what key cels they might have for display. Thanks.

Edited by JetJockey

• JetJockey changed the title to Kenichi Sonoda Original Sketch Auctions at Anime Expo
3 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Woo hoo, I actually won the Riding Bean sketch!  I didn't think I'd win because I never win at events like this.

That's a good win.

Did you win it online or attend the convention? If you went did you take any pictures of the Anime-Link booth? What were the best / most expensive cels they had on display?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Yes, as soon as I can build it. That kit has a lot of clean up to be done to make it look nice. Maybe by the time I get to it, Bean will get his own Figma. A guy can dream, right?

I didn't know you had to build it. I saw images a while back and I thought they were getting it ready to go to a factory. With the time they took for a Bubblegum Crisis figma I wouldn't hold my breath for a Riding Bean one. Unless the new anime is really good.

14 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

That kit has a lot of clean up to be done to make it look nice. Maybe by the time I get to it, Bean will get his own Figma. A guy can dream, right?

c540bedc61f0201c654b3fe66e0f9f4e_origina

A Figma wouldn't scale with that little model anyway.  That looks about 1:32 to me.

You could put the items that aren't to scale on separate stands coming off the wall near the frame. I saw someone do that before with comic items in a gallery. They had action figures and small vehicles near either a poster or original comic art, I can't remember which.