I am a big fan of Marvel movies, I watched all the movies at least two times. Spider-man: No Way Home is my favorite now, it's quite interesting and exciting. By the way guys, does anyone use Firestick? Recently I faced a problem, my streaming device was lagging but this article helped to find a solution https://www.firesticktricks.com/reset-kodi-firestick.html

Edited by Lanatori

Having finally watched this movie; it was over-hyped.  Mind you, this isn't a bad movie at all, just not the true successor to Spiderman 2, as far as being the best Spidey film.  While seeing all the Spidey's together was cool, whether in the lab or swinging behind the masks, it felt a little rushed at the end.  After all, I was under the impression Ned was bringing them in from their universes, not that they had come through with the baddies and were just hiding out in NYC until called upon; seems weak to me.  Spidey in almost any version would have gone straight to people and places he knew in the new universe in order to make contact with himself, something akin to what 616 Spidey pulled off upon going to the Ultimate Universe.  While I get that there was supossed to be a cute joke behind Spidey 1, 2, and 3; a more appropiate course of action would have been Peter Parker, Ben Reilly (Garfield due to the loss of Gwen) and paying homage to Tom's Aunt May.  Tobey given the kill count should have chimed in with "Kaine" or one his enemies call him that, giving us both a joke and easter egg, while helping with the confusion.  

Molina, stole the show in the fist half and Dafoe stole the second half; both managed to reprise their roles as if having never left, same can't be said for Tobey.  Connor's/Lizard was used to such appalling standards and when did Garfield's Spidey ever cure an Osborn?  Norman died before ever officially becoming the Goblin and Harry was still having episodes of it coming and going at the end of ASM2, so not cured.  Also given that the spiders in question for each Spiderman seem to be different, even if Garfield's genetics could have helped his Harry, it doesn't mean the formula that Tobey's Osborn's took was the same.  In ASM it's implied that the only reason Peter is Spiderman is because his father's DNA was already a part of the spider's that bit him.  

This should have really been a two part film and not the rushed job it finally turned into.  So to summarzie we got Spiderverse mixed with a little Sinster Six (Mysterio made an appearance, if only post-mordum) and sprinklings of One More Day and Brand New Day.  

For me, I'm bothered when Peter 2 (McGuire) mentioned of making an anti-serum for Dr. Osborn and that he's been thinking about it a long time. I don't remember that he actually did think of doing nor even tried of thinking of actually doing it during the first SM movie. So I'm not sure how he managed to say that he's been thinking about it for a long time at his current Youth Pastor age when Osborn died at the end of SM?

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

For me, I'm bothered when Peter 2 (McGuire) mentioned of making an anti-serum for Dr. Osborn and that he's been thinking about it a long time. I don't remember that he actually did think of doing nor even tried of thinking of actually doing it during the first SM movie. So I'm not sure how he managed to say that he's been thinking about it for a long time at his current Youth Pastor age when Osborn died at the end of SM?

I think it's implied that since his encounters with the Osborns, he's had time to reflect and think of what he could have done differently. They're not only plucked out from a different part of the multiverse but plucked out from different points of time from their universes so Tobey-Peter was plucked at an older age than when he faced Norman and has had time to think about a cure for the Osborns and the Goblin-serum.

4 minutes ago, azrael said:

I think it's implied that since his encounters with the Osborns, he's had time to reflect and think of what he could have done differently. They're not only plucked out from a different part of the multiverse but plucked out from different points of time from their universes so Tobey-Peter was plucked at an older age than when he faced Norman and has had time to think about a cure for the Osborns and the Goblin-serum.

I think I understand what you're saying. I'm only bothered in a way because for an older Tobey/Peter to say something like that makes you wonder 'Goblin is already dead so why do I need to think of making an anti-serum for him after all these years?' kind of a moment. But after re-reading your reply, I came up with this thought that maybe, just maybe, that same Goblin-serum probably was used by another person to become the new Green Goblin (after Harry's Goblin) down the line, or better yet Hobgoblin for that matter. Just a thought though for future sequel possibilities. ;) 

4 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Mind you, this isn't a bad movie at all, just not the true successor to Spiderman 2, as far as being the best Spidey film.

Are you sure you're not remembering Spider-Man 2 as better than it really was?  In anticipation of this one I re-watched all the previous Spidey films on Blu-ray.  I gotta say, I loved Spider-Man 2 when I saw it in the theater but I thought it was terrible on a re-watch.  Like, worse than Spider-Man 3.

14 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Are you sure you're not remembering Spider-Man 2 as better than it really was?  In anticipation of this one I re-watched all the previous Spidey films on Blu-ray.  I gotta say, I loved Spider-Man 2 when I saw it in the theater but I thought it was terrible on a re-watch.  Like, worse than Spider-Man 3.

Considering I did a rewatch of all of them just prior to purchasing NWH; I'll stand by my statement.  S2 is the "cheesiest" as far as comic book acting goes; but Rami's films truly seem to capture what was early ASM in comics.  The only glaring alteration would be that May tends to be more 80-90's May than 60-70's May; she is a bit more opinionated about Spiderman and his role, whereas early May just pretends to be oblivious while worrying over Peter's well being to even her detriment. The only redeeming quality to Spiderman 3, is the red head who turned blonde for the movie, giggle still gets me everytime!  In fact we actually tend to get more "Swinging" Spidey action in the original trilogy compared to the others, though they all have their iconic moments or panels that they've copied.

The first Avengers is the only film that really competes with Spiderman 2 as an overall Superhero story, for me.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...