Lots of big spoilers in there. Such as who knew that Holland was Canadian!?:ph34r:

Mind. Blown...

Spoiler

Really like that they are dealing with the after-effects of messing with the multi-verse.

Though, thinking about it, could it be that their pulling other stones and people from other multi-verses have also benefited those other -verses?

We know that Sr. Strange looked at over 14,000,000 possibilities and found only one in which they won the fight against Thanos. It would follow that in all the multi-verse, most would have also lost to Thanos. So, their messing with the multi-verse may have been beneficial for other universes, one of which being the one that 2014 Thanos came from. Having died in 2019 he would then have disappeared from the 2014 universe he came from.

So, it could be that their actions made it possible for there to be two universes where Thanos lost.

28 minutes ago, Thom said:

Lots of big spoilers in there. Such as who knew that Holland was Canadian!?:ph34r:

Mind. Blown...

Hide contents

Really like that they are dealing with the after-effects of messing with the multi-verse.

Though, thinking about it, could it be that their pulling other stones and people from other multi-verses have also benefited those other -verses?

We know that Sr. Strange looked at over 14,000,000 possibilities and found only one in which they won the fight against Thanos. It would follow that in all the multi-verse, most would have also lost to Thanos. So, their messing with the multi-verse may have been beneficial for other universes, one of which being the one that 2014 Thanos came from. Having died in 2019 he would then have disappeared from the 2014 universe he came from.

So, it could be that their actions made it possible for there to be two universes where Thanos lost.

I would bet at some point during the entire process of setting up the Avengers, Sideshow Bob asked these guys what they would do with the end of the phase 3.  What are the plans for the future.

Then somebody let loose the idea of the multiverse where they kill some characters only for other versions to exist.  Then Bob fell in a swoon and tried to figure out how he could become CEO of Disney forever.  Because then, there is always an Iron Man left somewhere.  Because when the 2014 Thanos died, it meant that the Iron Man in that universe would live.  So, if RDJ ever needs more cash, hey, alternate dimension Iron Man.  Oh but even better, alternate dimension Iron Man doesn't have to be RDJ.  Who is an up and comer that could need a career boost.  Congratulations, you're Iron Man.  

Josh Brolin wants to be Thanos again?  No problem, there is still a whole multiverse of Thanos pre 2014 out there to pluck from.  It's like the never ending profit machine.  If only they could buy out DC somehow, then they could do an Infinite Crisis too....  :shok:

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Mind. Blown...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yes, two Universes were spared from Thanos.  Well, the primary Universe had the effects of Thanos reversed and the second that was created when Thanos leapt to the "Future" was spared he ever performed the snap.

I'm happy to see Happy.

At last, Spiderman faces his greatest foe... a guy with his head stuck in a goldfish bowl.

Look, I know he's a famous character, but how has Mysterio completely evaded any major redesigns ever?  He's a few decades overdue, Disney.

Multi-verse? I don't know. In his first comic appearance, Mysterio pretended to be a hero fighting fake foes that he created. Could be the same case here with his BS on multiverse. Then again they made Skrulls nice in Capt Marvel so who knows. :unknw:

15 hours ago, Mommar said:
  Hide contents

Yes, two Universes were spared from Thanos.  Well, the primary Universe had the effects of Thanos reversed and the second that was created when Thanos leapt to the "Future" was spared he ever performed the snap.

I'm happy to see Happy.

Two universes, plus any other divergent universes from that particular 2014 onward.  The MCU is entirely wide open, and to pull a line from Disney's other golden cash cow, "No one's ever really gone."  

Lots more to ponder here, but I'll move it to the Endgame discussion. 

This whole multiverse thing is enough of a headache in the comics.  I was kind of hoping they wouldn't dive face-first into it in the movies, but I guess the money involved makes it a foregone conclusion.

Edited by Chronocidal
Ok, so the spoiler closure tags don't seem to work. Every time I post a spoiler, the entire rest of the post gets lumped into it, regardless of where the closure tag is. Someone know how to fix that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I give the movie a 7/10.  Some parts were good and others were like whatever.  Mysterio’s illusions were pretty cool.  The first end credits scene was nice.  I hope the MCU can include some original X-Men actors/characters in their movies.

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I give the movie a 7/10.  Some parts were good and others were like whatever.  Mysterio’s illusions were pretty cool.  The first end credits scene was nice.  I hope the MCU can include some original X-Men actors/characters in their movies.

Reveal hidden contents

Whatever was in that spoiler tag isn't there anymore.

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Whatever was in that spoiler tag isn't there anymore.

J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson announcing that Mysterio was murdered by Spider-Man and footage of Mysterio revealing that Spider-Man is Peter Parker.

Maria Hill and Nick Fury changing back to Soren and Talos and reporting to the real Nick Fury who has been on a spaceship the entire time.

Saw it with the wifey last night.  We both enjoyed it and thought it was a FUN flick.

It's a nice palette cleanser after Endgame, and a good date flick.

There is a little bit of Spidey angst.  But the MCU version balances it well with awkward-but-endearing teen Peter and never-shuts-up Spidey.

Random Thoughts:

Spoiler

• Night Monkey!! :lol:
  • I liked how they tied Mysterio and his crew back to Stark Industry rejects.
  • I outright cheered when they brought back "RUSHING OR DRAGGING" (1) JK Simmons for J. Jonah Jameson!  Why mess with perfect casting?
  • Crazy that they revealed Spidey's secret identity, but I can see it becoming a plot crutch for later films, when he has to constantly hide his identity or find a way to slip away to change.

Note (1):  Reference Explanation:

By unbelievable circumstance, three different parties wanted to see this movie three days in a row. Took the kids on Tuesday, then a cousin invited me out on Wednesday, then a friend tonight. Sheesh. I feel Spider-wiped out.

It's an enjoyable movie, but definitely meant for more casual watching. Cute high school romantic comedy, and I can only sit through so much of that at a time.

Iron man references everywhere, which gave a nice background to launch the adventure off...

Action scenes with mysterio on the second half onwards were nicely pulled off and really made you wonder how spidey was going to get out of the pickle...

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie, dare say I might watch it again, if I had the time...

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

LOL - wasting no time on getting the merchandise out.

Saw it yesterday, I think it was mentioned Far From Home was very much a palate cleaner/eye-bleach type of release post Endgame. It was a fun way to try and get some closure while at the same time teasing Phase IV.

And YES to

Spoiler

Night Monkey! 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-b.