On 9/28/2018 at 5:46 AM, Convectuoso said:

I fear all those shots of classic Transformers designs could be flashbacks from Bumblebee telling his story to the girl (can't remember her name) and won't be an active part of the story 

This was exactly my thoughts as well, along with the idea that the flashback might only be a couple of minutes out of the entire film. If it were truly a reboot (as others have commented) then it’d be a lot more encouraging. But if they’re planning this as a prequel, and using these teasers to lure in the G1 die hards (like me) then I think many of us will be disappointed. 

Still, though, it’s the first TF movie since 2007 that I’m actually interested in seeing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think it's more of a 3P than KO.

Same diff. 

But yes, Striker Manus is a legally-distinct converting robot who just happens to bear an ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL resemblance to a certain Autobot(tm) leader.

Nope but I just saw a trailer that may have spoiled what happens to “Not Starscream” :angry:

Also another one that clearly showed the roof coming together and essentially melting together to make it seemless. Oh well...

Chris

Oh, you don't even need to watch the trailer---I haven't, but was still spoiled.  People have been spoiling it for months (super-early test screenings), and youtube is putting it right in the title of all their "suggested" vids---you can't avoid it.  I haven't watched any new trailers etc for weeks.  But people still spoil left and right...

Honestly, I get spoiled by youtube more than anywhere else nowadays---it WILL suggest to you, every "trailer reaction/analysis" vid that comes out, and people WILL put spoilers in the titles of those videos.  :angry:  Just going to youtube.com, will spoil you.  Don't even type/search anything.  Just have spoiler-vids pop up.  (I never even log in, so it usually only has a vague sense of what I watch, and it still plucks up a lot of "movies I'm interested in, that I *don't* want to see any more analysis/trailers/spoilers for)  

"If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click!" doesn't work when people spoiler-title their videos and threads...

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me to be spoiled, when I do my darndest to not check anything beyond "the 2 main official trailers each movie usually gets".  

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

Nope but I just saw a trailer that may have spoiled what happens to “Not Starscream” :angry:

Also another one that clearly showed the roof coming together and essentially melting together to make it seemless. Oh well...

Chris

I saw that trailer the other night & thought "Gee, thanks for the spoiler!" 

4 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Oh, you don't even need to watch the trailer---I haven't, but was still spoiled.  People have been spoiling it for months (super-early test screenings), and youtube is putting it right in the title of all their "suggested" vids---you can't avoid it.  I haven't watched any new trailers etc for weeks.  But people still spoil left and right...

Honestly, I get spoiled by youtube more than anywhere else nowadays---it WILL suggest to you, every "trailer reaction/analysis" vid that comes out, and people WILL put spoilers in the titles of those videos.  :angry:  Just going to youtube.com, will spoil you.  Don't even type/search anything.  Just have spoiler-vids pop up.  (I never even log in, so it usually only has a vague sense of what I watch, and it still plucks up a lot of "movies I'm interested in, that I *don't* want to see any more analysis/trailers/spoilers for)  

"If you don't want to be spoiled, don't click!" doesn't work when people spoiler-title their videos and threads...

Sorry for the rant, but it always irks me to be spoiled, when I do my darndest to not check anything beyond "the 2 main official trailers each movie usually gets".  

Yeah, I just had Nickelodeon on for my kids and the commercial came on. I couldn’t believe they showed what happened to “Not-Starscream” Like 505th said, I was like “THANKS” <_<

Chris

Edited by Dobber

On 11/29/2018 at 6:51 AM, Old_Nash said:

The greatest differece.

47057877_2358145277547697_42646582400731

Seeing this really makes you realize how much they’ve bastardized OP over the Bay Movies.  That TF5 design is even worse than the previous movies design. And that’s saying something. The BB movie design is such an improvement.

Is it just me or are they not promoting this movie that much. I haven’t heard anything out this movie in the last few weeks. Saw this thread today and I was reminded about the movie. I had forgotten and I was interested in seeing this. I was surprised that some ppl were already seeing it.