What the actual frakk? Who's bright idea was it to put actual Transformers in the live action Transformers movies :)? Man, those Cybertronian seekers look incredible in alt mode, plus Shockwave actually looks like Shockwave, as does Soundwave, and CONEHEADS!

These designs are brilliant, and what we should have gotten for ALL of the live action movies, not totally plain and blocky like the original cartoon, they have that robotic "organic" look the films attempted to go for, while still actually being recognizable from character to character.

But is this a soft retcon of sorts? We've seen the Cybertronian modes for a lot of Transformers before in previous films and they look nothing like this, Soundwave being probably the most jarring, his G1/Cybertronian mode looks almost nothing like his satellite and sports car modes from previous films.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Yay, more designs for 3rd party companies!

Oh man, that will be sweet! Totally forgot about third parties. Depending on what, if anything, Hasbro/Takara have planned for these G1/Cybertronian designs, third party can step in and put out some badass looking figures. Depending on the film, they may have to get creative with alt modes, I'm not sure what Soundwave would turn into in this version, and Optimus and the rest turning into something resembling 80s Earth, human vehicles would be a bit odd.

Me too...this is a change for the better, at least aesthetically.  Hoping they get the personalities down, too, with some decent dialog. Anyway, it's starting to look much closer to what I always wanted in a live action TF film.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This is a prequel, no? Then the top image should be 'NOW' and the bottom one should be 'THEN'. ^_^

Surely the first image should be the cartoon, with THEN.

The second one should be NOW, and the third one should be THEN AGAIN

Well,  I'm starting to see a glimmer of hope for this movie, both for the revelation of these new images, and by Travis Knight's  talking about his love of Transformers from childhood. So, there's a chance he'll convey that with the Transformer characters in this film. Bay had no ties to Transformers when they hired him; Hasbro gave him a crash course in the lore for some familiarity, but basically let him do his own thing with it, which is why it was Transformers in name only and bore no resemblance to what we grew up with, knew, and loved about the franchise. I'm hoping Knight will change that.

Still, if Knight was going to bring his movie closer to the G1 look and feel, why keep the Bay version of Bee's head? Give him  a proper face and let him talk.  I don't think anyone likes mute Bee, or the speaking through the radio BS they've been running with all these years. I certainly don't, and to make your title character voiceless when he's in all other ways a technological wonder just makes no logical sense.

It's good that Knight is trying to inject some feels into this movie, especially between Bee and the girl, but I hope it comes out more reminiscent of Spike's friendship with Bee in the original show, where they were on equal footing. I hope Bee's more than just a pet in this film. True friendship doesn't seem to be something that Bay understood/understands, as all his characters , human or bot, just seemed to be antagonistic, demeaning, rude, and uncaring towards everybody. Not really the Autobot way.

Also, it's funny that even this is a prequel, they still going to show a voiceless 'Bee. At this point I can't think of nor imagine what voice should 'Bee have in this movie. Just in case they will reveal some parts of it that has his voice in it.

I could never figure how these technological wonders never could fix a voice box. Unless by mistake - and then inexplicably break it again...

I'm really liking the G1 designs being brought back. I just hope they are still refining them and that they are somethings that will be carried over into the following movies.

The Transformers: Movie Prequel comic attributed Bee's lost of voice to a "An enraged Megatron rips Bumblebee's arms off and crushes his voice capacitor, promising to seize the AllSpark for himself eventually. Bumblebee recovers and is repaired, although his voice is damaged beyond repair." and since this movie is set after that incident he still has no voice.

What I found jarring was that he could speak again at the end of T1 and back to mute in T2.

Edited by eXis10z

I've been burned out by all the previous movies so I'm keeping my hype in check until it actually comes out and people give it a pass. It's nice that they are edging back towards the older designs and I can understand why they kept some of the Bay era aesthetic. Those movies have been the face of Transformers for over 10 years so they want to keep some similarities so people don't get too confused. 

9 hours ago, dizman said:

I've been burned out by all the previous movies so I'm keeping my hype in check until it actually comes out and people give it a pass. It's nice that they are edging back towards the older designs and I can understand why they kept some of the Bay era aesthetic. Those movies have been the face of Transformers for over 10 years so they want to keep some similarities so people don't get too confused. 

I agree with every word here.

But not gonna lie, it is hard to keep my inner child quiet when I see all those real Transformer designs moving around.

1DE3269E-0F19-4BB8-A315-CA54073137AA.jpeg.1f52e4b854030bad3361649071bc9aa9.jpeg

01CD40B1-DF6A-4088-ABDC-FD739582BB64.jpeg.b705fb7f633f66bab1456a06daad25e2.jpeg

I wanted Optimus Prime to look kind of like this in the Transformers movies but what is coming out for this movie still looks cool.  I won’t mind if Megatron in the movie looks something like that Megatron.

On 9/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, Negotiator said:

that would be cool if they showed megs in flash backs.   i think megatron is frozen on earth for a really long time tho.

I fear all those shots of classic Transformers designs could be flashbacks from Bumblebee telling his story to the girl (can't remember her name) and won't be an active part of the story 

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I fear all those shots of classic Transformers designs could be flashbacks from Bumblebee telling his story to the girl (can't remember her name) and won't be an active part of the story 

I’d be willing to bet that is what it is.

Chris

5 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

And therein lies the problem; if they're going to reboot the series, then divorce it entirely from the Bayverse, and start fresh. I enjoyed those scenes, as the G1 depictions are pretty spot on to how I wish they should have been done from the start. At least they're recognizable- in the Bayverse, nobody knew who was who until they slapped a name on them, except perhaps Prime. I'm ready for a hard reboot. I don't even care if they use the G1 designs, per se, but just the prevailing look of Transformers over the last 30+ years of toys, toons, and comics, Bayverse excluded. New Transformer-esque designs wrapped in a good story with good characters (many of them the eponymous sentient mechanized beings we all love) would be a nice refreshment of the movie franchise. I think Knight is paving the way, but he's still tied to the Bayverse, and as long as that remains, I don't think he or any other director will have a chance to make the Transformers films us old guys would like to see, or that they want to make. 

The light I see, though, is that Knight, and perhaps other directors to come, have a connection to Transformers from childhood, so I have hope that the spirit of the old show will come through, even if we're still seeing the Bayformer design aesthetic.

Edited by M'Kyuun

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

OR...

Bumblebee is sent on a super-secret mission back in time to follow Decepticons who want to destroy the humans before they can be a threat to the Predacons and... Oh, wait. 

8 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

i fear so too.  and i fear we saw 90% of it already....still i will probably want to see this in theater.