LOL this looks good. Hilarious. Transformers that look like transformers looks like a good story, we shall see and Star Scream that looks like his old G1 Self and probably doesn't spit when he talks.

The irony The Hollywood folks never entertained the idea of a reboot and cancelled any future movies with Transformers. Maybe this will set a new precedent.

I dunno, they gave Bee the personality of a loyal dog rather than a sentient robot with many thousands of Earth years' experience. He's a little too obsequious and attention needy, snuggling up to her hands-weird and creepy.  I think making him more like a big brother, without all the cowering and neediness, would have been more fitting and less Hallmark. I think they struck the right note with Bee's and Spike's relationship in the old toon- they were more like equals, best friends. It didn't get weird.:p

42 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

think they struck the right note with Bee's and Spike's relationship in the old toon- they were more like equals, best friends. It didn't get weird.:p

No weirder than the rest of the cartoon was, anyways. :p

On 6/7/2018 at 6:37 AM, GobotFool said:

Also hopefully they will realize that the stars of the transformer movies are supposed to be well the transformers, not hot women, not the army, not annoying boys like Shia Lebouf.

This. So much, this!! The actual Transformers are too much ike secondary characters in a movie named after them.

It would be like Indian Jones starring John Rys Davies! Although, now that I think about it, that wouldn't be half-bad!:D

On 6/6/2018 at 7:20 AM, 505thAirborne said:

Hailee Steinfeld... Giggity! 

80's... Cool. 

Starscream actually kinda looks like Starscream & is a F-4... Cool

Bayformers style transformation... I'll deal with it.

What looks like the Army hunting down Bumblebee.... sort of a rehash of the Bay movies. 

Bumblebee still can't talk.... not cool.  

Overall it does look good from this first trailer, I saw the first three movies in theaters maybe this one is worth the ticket price. B))

You forgot. John Cena as a bad guy. :p

• 2 weeks later...

She hates Michael Bay, loves Lord of the Rings but hates The Hobbit films, studies film theory and reads Lost Light?

I hate to be so heteronormative, but... Lindsay Ellis, I love you.  :wub:

The Last Knight is on Amazon Prime and I watched it last week for the first time. Just like the last film before it I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it in the theater. Seriously, its a movie made for dumb people by dumb people who believes the audience is dumb.

The bar is set so low for Bumblebee that its become a limbo dance.

I saw it pop up a few days ago, but after Age of Extinction with the Dinobots, I just haven't mustered up the willpower to sit through another one yet...and on that note The Last Jedi hit Netflix a few days ago..LOL..at this rate I can watch Solo on Netflix pretty soon! 

On 01/07/2018 at 10:35 AM, kajnrig said:

I'd encourage you to see the rest of this series if this is to your liking. Applying film and social theory to the Transformers films.

She's love Lost Light...

I find my fembot^^

And just to avoid my hourly rebuttals at TFW: 

No, the red one cannot be the jet-bot we saw in the trailer.  Those are Harrier parts, not F-4 Phantom parts.  And the right one's other alt-mode is a helicopter, not a jet, so the two can't combine into a jet. 

49 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

And just to avoid my hourly rebuttals at TFW: 

No, the red one cannot be the jet-bot we saw in the trailer.  Those are Harrier parts, not F-4 Phantom parts.  And the right one's other alt-mode is a helicopter, not a jet, so the two can't combine into a jet. 

Huh? Where are you seeing Harrier and Helicopter parts? The article identifies the Red one as a Plymouth satellite which can be seen in it’s chest and the othe as another muscle car...you can see the doors and tires. Or did I misunderstand your comment?

Chris

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

Huh? Where are you seeing Harrier and Helicopter parts? The article identifies the Red one as a Plymouth satellite which can be seen in it’s chest and the othe as another muscle car...you can see the doors and tires. Or did I misunderstand your comment?

Chris

Look closer.  They’re both triple-changers, with their aerial-mode kibble present.  Not as much, but totally there.   

Red one:  shoulders are a Harrier’s intakes, wings are coming off the shoulders, abdomen has the nosegear, knees are the rear exhausts.  Shins are the wing’s underside bulges where the outrigger gear retract into, with the gear struts going down into the ankles.  

Blue:  cockpit chest, rotor blades and hub on back.  Triceps?    I suspect he’s an Apache, but there’s not a lot to go by.  

10 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Look closer.  They’re both triple-changers, with their aerial-mode kibble present.  Not as much, but totally there.   

Red one:  shoulders are a Harrier’s intakes, wings are coming off the shoulders, abdomen has the nosegear, knees are the rear exhausts.  Shins are the wing’s underside bulges where the outrigger gear retract into, with the gear struts going down into the ankles.  

Blue:  cockpit chest, rotor blades and hub on back.  Triceps?    I suspect he’s an Apache, but there’s not a lot to go by.  

Triple changers eh....so I guess the’ll be adding in size morphing then as cars and aircraft are vastly different scales.

Chris