Yamato 1/60 VF-1 broken hard points

Shizuka the Cat

Are there any instructions  / recommendations out there on how to re-affix the hard points on a Yamato 1/60 v2 VF-1?

My poor Hikaru experienced a broken hard point a few weeks back, as well as a box missile peg snapping off while inside a separate hard point. *sigh*

image.png.911f5375082b9c4d403f69d34cccf80f.png

Was not sure if I can use some form of super-glue to at least re-attach the hard point back onto that one wing. The box missile peg stuck inside the other hard point is still stuck, as my attempts to use tweezers to extract the peg has not been successful as of yet.

Because of this hard point breakage, I ended up buying a VF-1J Super Hikaru. At present, I am using the Hikaru with broken hard point as something to wear the GBP armor.

I wonder if there are things out there like replacement wings at Shapeways or whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You should be able to remove the stuck peg by drilling it out. I'd just replace the hardpoint with glue or plastic cement.

Is there any particular type of glue that is best for plastic toys? I recall reading in a separate thread that someone said that certain glues were bad... I think?

I think plastic cement works on that plastic. Otherwise just use superglue.

[edit] I remember, I tried plastic cement on my Arcadia VF-1S Roy when one side of the backpack flap hinge broke. Had to use superglue to get it to stay.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I have used the Bob Smith 2-part epoxy (use the 15 or 30 minute stuff) on a broken hard point.  Much stronger bond than superglue in my opinion (I also use it on amateur rockets).  The repaired hard point has held up just fine, and the valk is the one I keep at the office and change around often.  I agree that you should carefully drill out the snapped off post inside the other hard point - use a drill bit slightly smaller than the piece you are drilling out.