Star Wars : Untitled Boba Fett Movie announced

Zero interest in Boba Fett though. 

Most overrated bounty hunter in the galaxy, who got taken out by a blind man that was armed only with a stick.....LOL

The only good thing about Boba Fett was that his armour looked cool, but thankfully we've had lots of Mando armour shown in Clone Wars and rebels.

I'd much rather see  the long rumored Obi Wan movie (as long as it stars Ewan McGregor), or a  live action movie about Sabine and Ashoka's quest to find Ezra.

I like the Fett and all, but a prequel story will probably be just as disappointing as the Vader prequel. How about a side story that has brand new characters that don’t have anything to do with the main story at all. The Starwars universe is vast enough to give us something new. 

Or maybe an in between story to fill in the gaps between new and old.

13 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Never going to work.  BF suffers from the "less he says the cooler he is" syndrome.

TRUTH!

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I like the Fett and all, but a prequel story will probably be just as disappointing as the Vader prequel. How about a side story that has brand new characters that don’t have anything to do with the main story at all. The Starwars universe is vast enough to give us something new. 

Yes, the original characters in Rogue One was what made it so good.

1 hour ago, Big s said:

We will get new characters and stories with Rian Johnson's future trilogy. Stories set in-between the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy will be told in the new animated series called Resistance. So we will get all that. 

I hope this movie will expand on Boba's story in the Clone Wars (which was cut short). It could also work as a follow-up to Solo, including some of the characters in that movie. 

For my money, the biggest problem with trying to do a story featuring a villain like Darth Vader or Boba Fett is that a huge part of their villainous intimidation factor was how mysterious they were.

Take Darth Vader.  When we knew practically nothing about him apart from what Obi-Wan shared with Luke, he was a mysterious badass whose every growled threat was freighted with the horrors he'd inflicted as a galactic despot.  Once the prequel trilogy showed us what his life was like in the years before he became a 7'2" asthmatic in a cybernetic gimp suit, he lost any ability he once had before we saw his awkward teenage years as Little Space Orphan Ani: the Whiniest Jedi, with the raving egomania, the galaxy's worst haircut, hilariously bad teenage angst, and all the emotional depth of a cress sandwich.  Disney can try to write him as a badass all they like, he'll never EVER escape being little Ani who doesn't like sand because it's coarse and rough and irritating and gets everywhere. :p 

Same deal with Boba Fett.  He was at least theoretically intimidating (despite not actually DOING anything) because he was this ominous, inscrutable masked bounty hunter who could even sass Darth Vader without involuntarily experimenting in autoerotic asphyxiation... well, for as long as those few minutes of The Empire Strikes Back lasted, anyway.  The more we know about him the less cool he gets... he's not a stone-cold badass, he's just Jango Fett's version of Scrappy-Doo.

The Boba Fett movie I want to see would be like his brief appearance in Tag and Bink are Dead... just him constantly being assaulted by people who keep mixing him up with the other eleventy-billion people who look exactly like him.

4 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Boba Fett is a man of few words and villain.  How do you make a movie featuring him without changing these things?  Multiple comedic sidekicks!

Star Wars: Boba Fett: Revenge of Jar-Jar Binks.

Or maybe he'll just have a broom cupboard full of porgs on his ship.

They should have Ray Parks play him... after all, Maul was pretty silent.  I think it's entirely possible to render Boba with CGI (no actor in specific playing him... i.e. he never takes off his helmet) and is entirely silent during the entire movie.   I'm sure they can figure out a way to drive the plot line using other characters to do the talking.  All Boba has to do is nod or shake his head, and may be do an occasional hand gestures.

My vote for the title: Boba Fett: Son of Jango

As for the so called anthology films, I did like Rogue One, in spite of the massive holes in common sense, but then that was light years better than the trainwreck called TLJ .

I read somewhere that it would be an intriguing story if the Boba Fett movie is about a salvager who finds the armor on Tatooine and as soon as he puts it on is in trouble because people mistake him for Boba Fett. 

I like that concept because you can keep his backstory and past deeds a mystery. :) 

Considering that the character was somewhat modeled after Clint Eastwood in his Spaghetti Western days, I can see Fett in a similar concept, walking into a Rebels vs. Empire situation on some backwater world and playing both fractions against each other.

21 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

They should have Ray Parks play him... after all, Maul was pretty silent.  I think it's entirely possible to render Boba with CGI (no actor in specific playing him... i.e. he never takes off his helmet) and is entirely silent during the entire movie.   I'm sure they can figure out a way to drive the plot line using other characters to do the talking.  All Boba has to do is nod or shake his head, and may be do an occasional hand gestures.

As for the so called anthology films, I did like Rogue One, in spite of the massive holes in common sense, but then that was light years better than the trainwreck called TLJ .

Do it like Hardcore Henry- the entire movie shot from Boba's POV. If they could keep the action moving like they did in HH, it could be entertaining.:p Just as well, I'm not really feeling a need for a movie about BF. Like others have said, the more you give away, the mystique wears off and he's just another villain in a cool suit. I like the salvager idea- nice twist on the character. What's more, the suit could change hands as various wearers sell it, trade it, or are killed off. The secret fact that many people are Boba Fett increases his legendary status as a badass, unkillable bounty hunter of few words, with some inexplicable personality quirks along the way.

I'm down for more offshoot SW stories, with unknown characters, doing their thing for whatever side they're on. The SW Universe is large enough that many different stories can be told from various points of view. I think that was at the core of Rogue One's appeal. 

Like others have said, the more you give away, the mystique wears off and he's just another villain in a cool suit.

Just want to point out that even though my post way up there says the more he talks the worse it gets I never thought the character had any mystique of any kind.  I didn't find out he was popular for a LONG time and I'm still left scratching my head trying to figure out why.  He was just a generic naughty villain.

The geniuses at Lucasfilm will devote the whole movie to explain why Vader specifically called out Boba Fett in ESB with the demand for...."No disintegrations"

That scene left the impression that Vader's and Fett's "business" dealings went back awhile......would be cool to see those and other bounty hunters in action too......perhaps all after the same imperial target(s).....

On 5/26/2018 at 11:39 AM, M'Kyuun said:

I like the salvager idea- nice twist on the character. What's more, the suit could change hands as various wearers sell it, trade it, or are killed off. The secret fact that many people are Boba Fett increases his legendary status as a badass, unkillable bounty hunter of few words, with some inexplicable personality quirks along the way.

While taking a Lupin III angle on "Who is Boba Fett?" might make things more interesting, I'd say it's a safe bet they wouldn't go that route.  Star Wars fans are really, stubbornly attached to canon and doubly so to any canon that predates Disney's reboot.  They saw the backlash over The Last Jedi and it's a safe bet they'll be keen to avoid that.

They've already tried once to deliberately create a new Boba Feet-style faceless ominous badass in Captain Phasma, and that just DID NOT WORK to the extent that it ended up being a source of funny moments more than anything (like Finn giving Phasma sh*t at blasterpoint in The Force Awakens).

Boba Fett will, I suspect, always be the Boba Fett.  I wouldn't put it past them for them to go the opposite route (ala L in Death Note) by having Boba Fett operating under aliases secretly being several of the galaxy's top bounty hunters to divert unwanted attention from himself.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:39 AM, M'Kyuun said:

I'm down for more offshoot SW stories, with unknown characters, doing their thing for whatever side they're on. The SW Universe is large enough that many different stories can be told from various points of view. I think that was at the core of Rogue One's appeal. 

Seconded.  The more Star Wars separates itself from legacy characters, the freer they are to mess with convention and really start exploring the possibilities of the setting.  This was, IMO, the principal fault of the old Expanded Universe... the Skywalker-Solo clan and their circle of close friends from the original trilogy were at the center of absolutely every major galactic event for a century or more.  The galaxy far far away is not such a small place that one family can constantly screw it up, like they're the Space Khardashians.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, jvmacross said:

The geniuses at Lucasfilm will devote the whole movie to explain why Vader specifically called out Boba Fett in ESB with the demand for...."No disintegrations"

Safer bets are few and far between.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, jvmacross said:

That scene left the impression that Vader's and Fett's "business" dealings went back awhile......would be cool to see those and other bounty hunters in action too......perhaps all after the same imperial target(s).....

Well, he IS supposed to be the biggest badass bounty hunter there is... and while I don't follow Star Wars comics I recall from some postings on Imgur that in at least one of them Boba Fett was the guy who broke the news to Vader that the pilot who blew up the Death Star was named Skywalker.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:04 PM, BlackRose said:

The one and only thing I want from this movie is that they somehow work in the song Fett's 'Vette.

That would be fantastic.

I want a second thing, though. I want them to actually release it as "Star Wars: Untitled Boba Fett Movie"

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

....Boba Fett was the guy who broke the news to Vader that the pilot who blew up the Death Star was named Skywalker.

Well.....seems the EU is back again in full force....no pun intended.....so anything is possible now I suppose....

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The more Star Wars separates itself from legacy characters, the freer they are to mess with convention and really start exploring the possibilities of the setting.  This was, IMO, the principal fault of the old Expanded Universe... the Skywalker-Solo clan and their circle of close friends from the original trilogy were at the center of absolutely every major galactic event for a century or more. 

You know, this was largely why my favorite Star Wars books were the X-Wing novels.

Wedge was the most important character involved, so they could tell the kind of stories that the Han, Luke, and Leia Power Hour wasn't suitable for. Tales where the force was not the answer, a lightsaber wouldn't make quick work of that locked door, and there was actually some semblance of suspense because this group of nobodies didn't have plot armor made of neutronium.

3 hours ago, JB0 said:

That would be fantastic.

I want a second thing, though. I want them to actually release it as "Star Wars: Untitled Boba Fett Movie"

Untitled: the Boba Fett Story?

I don't care if it's an after-credits scene or whatever, I really want Fett's Vette in there.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

You know, this was largely why my favorite Star Wars books were the X-Wing novels.

Wedge was the most important character involved, so they could tell the kind of stories that the Han, Luke, and Leia Power Hour wasn't suitable for. Tales where the force was not the answer, a lightsaber wouldn't make quick work of that locked door, and there was actually some semblance of suspense because this group of nobodies didn't have plot armor made of neutronium.

I always liked the ones that had no real ties to the movies, like the Old Republic stuff.  Back when lightsabers had extension cords and the Sith were red space monkey men with crystal swords.  It let them go to strange new places other than the used future style that the original trilogy had.