2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Yeah, I've never really understood what about AotC makes people put it above TPM. But then I was a kid when E1 came out and already falling out of love with the franchise when E2 did, so it's obvious where MY bias comes from. Still, though... there's just nothing in AotC on the same level as Darth Maul and Duel of the Fates. The CGI for both is about on par, or rather, it's definitely better in E2, but it's definitely less jarring in E1. The whole "green-screen EEEEEVERYTHING" idea did not do either E2 or E3 any favors. The acting is about on par, and the story is about on par, and the storytelling is about on par...

Bah. That's beating the deadest horse ever. Anyway.

I haven't seen this one yet, I don't know if I'll ever care enough to see it, but does it indicate any which way DC intend to go forward with their movies? I seem to recall there being talk of a Flash movie that resets everything so they can work with a blank slate again?

Nope, WW84 does absolutely nothing for the overall DCEU, if anything it sets the idea of cohesive storytelling across the Man of Steel timeline (or whatever it's called - Synderverse?) back about 10 steps.

And the Prequel Trilogy was trash with a handful of watchable moments across those movies. Duel of the Fates is absolutely one. That is if you can manager to ignore Baby Vader in a Naboo fighter...

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the original WW movie.....especially her theme song....it just makes her even more totally badass....

However, it is ironic that WB released a Wonder Woman sequel that initially hyped the fact that it was set in the '80's...going as far as to including "1984" in its title and featuring a really awesome remix of New Order's Blue Monday in the first teaser trailer.....then the film is released and it is absolutely devoid of any iconic '80's music...a shame and lost opportunity...at least I would have enjoyed the music (like I had the introduction of her theme song, which was mostly absent in the sequel or I just did not hear it) and perhaps have been blinded by the pure nostalgia of the soundtrack to notice how much of a POS the movie actually was....

And now, in yet another ironic twist, they release a "retro" remix for their Wonder Woman 1984 movie based on the Wonder Woman TV show from the 1970's...;)

I hope for WB's sake that the Snyder Cut is not another hot mess....how much more slaps in the face can their DC fans take?

Edited by jvmacross

I personally think Snyder was the problem to begin with. I don’t think he was the right choice to start the franchise. I personally think he would’ve worked better for a darker character like Batman, but not Superman. The franchise overall is a huge mess at this point with one character seemingly from completely different universes as far as tone from one movie to the next. There’s also the nonsense motivations and awkward films that don’t have a connection at all. I’ve come to realizing that there is no fix for this mess, just awkward acceptance that most of the franchise isn’t even worth keeping track of. Some movies will be good others bad and none of them seem to matter much if you don’t even watch them. You could easily watch the Wonder Woman films or Shazam or Joker even the suicide squad films and it won’t matter to have skipped Man of Steel or bvs or even justice league.

I always thought that they should have stayed in the Nolan-verse and just went with "how would that universe" have reacted to the existence of Superman and the wider DC universe......

The Snyder-verse is a mess...with the exception of the first WW movie....oh well, nothing to do now but wait for the next DC universe reboot....;)

Curious how the Suicide Squad will fit into all of this...or maybe that could be the start of the reboot....it technically is a reboot of itself from what I have been reading about it...still, not holding my breath at this point...maybe the DC Universe just isn't film-friendly or Marvel has just done things so well that the bar is just too high to overcome for anything DC

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I always thought that they should have stayed in the Nolan-verse and just went with "how would that universe" have reacted to the existence of Superman and the wider DC universe......

The Snyder-verse is a mess...with the exception of the first WW movie....oh well, nothing to do now but wait for the next DC universe reboot....;)

Curious how the Suicide Squad will fit into all of this...or maybe that could be the start of the reboot....it technically is a reboot of itself from what I have been reading about it...still, not holding my breath at this point...maybe the DC Universe just isn't film-friendly or Marvel has just done things so well that the bar is just too high to overcome for anything DC

I still love the Nolan Batman movies.  I would have liked to see more of that universe.

The Nolan Batman movies were pretty good and I think could have been expanded even with bruce retiring. They did have a scene at the end where Robin found the Batcave. It may have been cool to just skip a potential Batman and Robin thing and just jump straight into Nightwing especially since Bruce didn’t seem up to the action required to continue as Batman and seemed happy finally moving on with his life.

The Nolan Batman never was the real Batman when he decided to retire. And when Alfred said something like people move on. Batman is like the definition of the guy who doesn't move on.

I bet if DC gets as far as The Flash movie, they will just use a multiverse thing to reset some characters a bit so the good actors can still play them. They have good actors for Superman and Wonder Woman. They just need to rebuild around them.

From what I understand with the New 52 and Rebirth comics. They did something like that. Kind of a pick and choose the good stuff from the bad. Of course it's lazy. But they didn't do the difficult work in the beginning.

Edited by JetJockey

I feel like the Nolan Batman was more like a realistic take on a completely unreal character. It even gave the character a real ending and one that really gave hope to the people of Gotham after all the horror they had gone through. Maybe in that sense he’s the most real Batman 

On 3/11/2021 at 8:40 PM, Big s said:

I feel like the Nolan Batman was more like a realistic take on a completely unreal character. It even gave the character a real ending and one that really gave hope to the people of Gotham after all the horror they had gone through. Maybe in that sense he’s the most real Batman 

Yeah he is not the real Batman in the comic or Batman world sense. But a real Batman if you want to put him in a realistic world similar to ours.

I just watched the Harley Quinn movie and although it's not the best. They should keep Margot Robbie after whatever reboot. I read she's in the upcoming Suicide Squad reboot. I thought Huntress was funny in the movie even though she only had a few scenes. Black Canary should have been better but her power reveal turned out really disappointing. I really don't see that Black Canary becoming part of whatever next Justice League.

• 3 weeks later...