The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

Just got back, great movie! I still like the first one best, but this was a very good follow up. 

I swear I had the exact same Lego Space planet fantasy when I was seven...

And that song’s totally stuck inside my head.

Edited by Kelsain
Oops, spoilers don’t work

Following up with spoiler tags:

Spoiler

This movie hit home pretty hard, as my kids bicker all the damn time. There have been many threats, and a few short-term implementations of "Our Mom-ageddon." 

Alas, they're still too young to have the self-awareness to see what the movie was getting at. And the rest of the weekend continued with "I want to play with you! You never play the way I want! Go away!" Sigh...

21 hours ago, Bolt said:

Lol. Ya Benny is clearly a throwback for those of us who obsessed over the early LEGO space sets of the 80’s. 

And for those of us who still do.:lol: 

I think one of the most enjoyable things about both films is that they're written and animated in a way that kids can enjoy them, but the message of each can be appreciated by adults, especially AFOLs. The first was clearly a love letter to AFOLs, though, as there were so many in-jokes that we, more than most, would totally relate to. And while the father/son dynamic as it relates to Farrell's LEGO collection was intended to be an exaggeration, I doubt it was too far from home for some of us in the AFOL community. But I like how they shifted the story from father/son to brother/sister, which, for those of us who grew up with siblings may be an all-too-familiar struggle. My sister and I rarely got along as kids. She wasn't into LEGO or any kind of creative outlet as such, and would at times knock stuff I built onto the floor just to break it. Our relationship is much more respectful these days, thank goodness. And "Our-Mom-ageddon" was a threat I faced on any number of occasions when I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing. I had to laugh when it became clear what that phrase meant- I'm a survivor!:lol: Anyway, I hope the box office gets a little more momentum, as it's a fun film with a positive message, and I'd like to see more LEGO movies down through the years.

Same experience with my younger sister as well. Lol. 

Its funny, I have to remind my 6 year old not to mess with daddy’s “special legos” sometimes ,when I’m building something. Eventually I’ll let him swoosh it around and play with it , but I could relate to Will Ferrell’s dad . I’m just not that crazy, haha!

Now I just have to keep the VF-31F & C hidden away..