[CN] New ThunderCats - ThunderCats ROAR!

2 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

What I want to know is how can you take your boss seriously when he his such a stupid hair cut?

Probably the boss or the exec he reports too is also wearing the same stupid hair cut. ^_^ 

13 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Space Ghost Coast to Coast was a mock talk show, not in any way equivalent to what was done with Teen Titans and apparently being done with Thundercats.  

In that it didn't even pretend to be related to the origin, sure.

But in that it crapped all over the names it borrowed, using them only so it could make fun of them, it was exactly alike.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, JB0 said:

And someone who doesn't care about the original Thundercats is going to make the same argument here.

They COULD have done a respectful update of Space Ghost, working from the initial premise and making a fantastic sci-fi superhero adventure. Instead they mocked it ruthlessly because it was easy and the rights were cheap, and it sold fantastically.

See also: Robot Chicken. We're not really funny, so we'll bank on nostalgia to make people like our jokes anyways. Now where's our Scrooge McDuck pool of gold coins? (Tangentally, I respect Peter Cullen for refusing to voice Optimus in that show. )

The point is that years of rewarding them for doing things like this has led to... this. They've seen the writing on the wall. Respectful updates and tasteful homages don't sell, regardless of quality. But ruthless mockery and ill-concealed contempt with low production values DOES. Less effort, more money, why bother with anything else?

Which makes for a sad future in this country when people imbued with these negative values take leadership roles. Current president doesn't exactly make for a good role model, either. But, you've got a point- the cruder or more mocking the shows, the greater the viewership, it seems. Like giving your ice cream to a fat bully.

Was never a fan of the original show but I respected it along the other awesome 80s shows. This is just crap. Lazy uninspiring. I’m upset for the fans of thundercats. This is an insult. 

I don’t why American animation insists on this crappy sloppy lazy animation style. These hippie millennials love to destroy our classic shows from our youth. They are doing the same thing to comics.

I really wish they had continued the 2011 series. It aired at the same time as Legend of Korra and Young Justice and it was a very enjoyable time. I do think the Tcats was in 3rd place among those 3 but was far superior to a lot of western animation in a long time. I think the villain of the week formula and episodes such as the berbears one killed the pacing....but as usual it came down to toys not selling. No we have this Steven universe look so it will be a hard pass for me but then again I am probably not the target audience and the animation will be cheap so they can do multiple seasons will low viewiership and still call it a success even when it probably won't be.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, no3Ljm said:

Don’t forget TigerSharks too. ^_^

Love that tattoo as well. The Buster Omens Sword, not that much. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm ok with pretty much all of those designs, except the sword.  It just doesn't seem like it'd work with the whole "normally a dagger, stretches out when the Eye is activated" thing very well. 

swordofomens.jpg

(this is I believe, the original/official model sheet for it)  I NEVER noticed how the grip section "accordians out" before.

Like those designs too except the Sword of Omens. Really dislike that take on it. NOTHING  beats the original sword of Omens design.

Chris

I skipped around that video and they need to keep that guy and those people away from Thundercats. We seem to be going backwards here. The last Thundercats cartoon was ok, I want to watch it again but I can't believe what they are selling now. Let's call it what it is, complete garbage. Especially when compared to the original animation. I don't watch Cartoon Network. Too many bad things and cancellations come out of that place. I remember problems with Young Justice. And the big one for me was Tower Prep. That was a really cool show and they didn't continue the cliffhanger ending or let the creator finish the story as a comic or anything.

I would also say support Sideshow Toys Thundercats statue line. But they made a really odd Lion-O statue.

5b0bb161cd1ec_Lion-OSideshow.jpg.7a5c1647054aec28a890b0e938195948.jpg

It seems no one can make a good Lion-O statue. They are all the more realistic style. This diorama was cancelled.

5b0bb137a5418_Lion-OvsMumm-RaDiorama.jpg.f51ec2f73f7c3dd947b0521899373b48.jpg

But Sideshow's Mumm-Ra is very good.

5b0bb192d070e_Mumm-RaSideshow.jpg.ef2b253e36c03d6a17e4b944dd5044c9.jpg

On one of the forums Sideshow teased a Cheetara but after that Lion-O, many think the line is dead. On one of those posts, someone showed a prototype Lion-O that looked really good. But I can't find it and if it's just a personal sculpt there is no reason to get excited if we can't get it.

• 2 weeks later...