Jump to content
Xigfrid

MΔ - VF-9

Recommended Posts

@Jasonc @valhary and for who ever else may need them, I have made a pdf for the "tatoos". I made a Letter size (USA) and A4 size (EUROPE) versions. I also added the vertical stabilizers logos and because I have slightly oversized the 1:60 fins logos, I made a set in the 1:72 scale too on the same sheet.

You can download the pdf here.

 

MTR_v2.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Gunpod is done and I will test it before putting it on sale, a few pictures to tease you :)

 

01K_Final 001_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 002_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 003_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 004_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 005_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 006_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

01K_Final 007_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 1:18 AM, Xigfrid said:

01K_Final 007_gunpod_for_VF9.jpg

Love this. When you test it, can you please experiment with the 'Bag over the shoulder' look haha
 

Bag.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:42 AM, Xigfrid said:

@Jasonc @valhary and for who ever else may need them, I have made a pdf for the "tatoos". I made a Letter size (USA) and A4 size (EUROPE) versions. I also added the vertical stabilizers logos and because I have slightly oversized the 1:60 fins logos, I made a set in the 1:72 scale too on the same sheet.

You can download the pdf here.

 

MTR_v2.jpg

I was going to start this over the weekend. Thanks so much for this. I'm trying to work on fitting certain pieces together now, so as long as I can get it together, I'll be getting these done soon. I mixed my yellow together with a hint of orange, and so I have the tint that's needed, along with the red and the rest of the colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see that too! But I know how project time is scarce. My two VF-9 are also in standby, one is waiting a replacement panel and the second waits the gunpod. 

Anyway, judging with the previous projects, I am sure his VF-9 will be gorgeous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, valhary said:

That means the gunpod is already available to purchase?

The tolerances on my copy were very tight, so I made a V2 with tolerances a bit more relaxed. I have uploaded the V2 at Shapeways, so you can buy it, and it would be easier to assemble.

Not 100% sure it would snap fit easily.

Edited by Xigfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 6:08 PM, Xigfrid said:

DE11DC33-689A-46DC-94C5-A719D5B0E86E.jpeg

So much wow. He's so stylish. Hahaha, thanks Xigfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, Mommar said:

Hey JasonC, how has your new painting method worked out?

I started on the first coat of yellow for the MtR version, and so far, it seems to be a good idea. This is just on the white prints, and not the grey version. I have a feeling that the grey won't work as well, due to the fact that it's much smoother, but I haven't tried it yet. For the white printed parts (what used to be WSF), it helps a lot with worrying about scratching the paint and seeing the under coat, or the white of the material. I did do my first sanding of it after the paint set, and it retained a lot of the yellow color, which means that the paint is under the surface, still retaining the desired color.

For the paint, I used an acrylic paint, and thinned it out to about 40%.  This helped it to coat nice and thin, and it's consistency is thin enough to get it well under the top layer of the material. I'll get a pic up tonight at some point.

BTW, Xigfrid, are those magnets on the wings? Do you have a link for them?

Edited by Jasonc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jasonc, you probably missed the discussion about the magnets so I will quote myself how to find these 5mm x 2.5mm x 2mm magnets.

"I remember trying to find these magnets on Ebay but couldn't find one. At the end I had better luck sourcing them locally. Here is the website where I did order mine. https://superaimants.fr/blocs-neodyme-fr/5-x-2-5-x-2-mm-ni-cu-go-fr/ I don't know if they would want to ship to USA, but you can try.

I think you can have a better luck trying to find these magnets with magnets specialists directly. Or you can glue 2x cubes of 2mmx2mmx2mm and use it as one block. 2mm magnet cubes are really easy to find on Ebay. You can also try to find 4x2x2 mm rectangular magnets, that would be easier than the weird 2.5mm width."

Also if superraimants.fr don't want to ship to USA directly, you can ship them to me and I will mail them to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn’t happy with the fins design version 3 so I made another modifications and the latest version 4 is my new favorite. 

 

DC407919-9F4B-4F93-BF40-45508438CDC9.jpeg

6490DFCA-E577-4BDF-B9F8-9FFEDE6C975C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I wasn’t happy with the fins design version 3 so I made another modifications and the latest version 4 is my new favorite. 

 

DC407919-9F4B-4F93-BF40-45508438CDC9.jpeg

6490DFCA-E577-4BDF-B9F8-9FFEDE6C975C.jpeg

Okay, yep, I think those are my favorite too.  Love the shape of them in fighter mode, and they blend really well with the chest shape. ^_^ 

I'll probably be ordering one of these kits in the next couple months.. maybe as a Christmas present to build in the new year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Okay, yep, I think those are my favorite too.  Love the shape of them in fighter mode, and they blend really well with the chest shape. ^_^ 

I'll probably be ordering one of these kits in the next couple months.. maybe as a Christmas present to build in the new year.

@Chronocidal

Just to let you know that I have made the VF-9 Nose and Head model to come with the version 4 Fin design now:

710x528_25484351_13035800_1541153603.jpg

 

Another note, according to a recent post on Shapeways forum, there may be a 15% sale around 15th November for general customers. 

"Hello Shapeways Account,
Happy Holidays from Shapeways! We would like to thank you for being a loyal customer by giving you exclusive early access to our holiday sale. This includes 15% off all your models in all materials from Nov 7th, 2018 to Nov 14th, 2018.[...]"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed any price differences in your shop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Noticed any price differences in your shop?

Yep, concerning WSF plastic prices, the new prices chart wants to prevent putting single/small objects. Everything under 10 USD is almost doubled in price. I have designing models with sprues to reach approx 20 USD per pack so these models will be raised by approx 1-2 USD when January 2019 hits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized, does this thing have a gerwalk mode or is it strictly aircraft to battroid? Either way this thing is awesome, it's a miracle that it doesn't immediately crumble given how complex the transformation is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DownIsUp said:

I just realized, does this thing have a gerwalk mode or is it strictly aircraft to battroid? Either way this thing is awesome, it's a miracle that it doesn't immediately crumble given how complex the transformation is

It has a Gerwalk mode. Examples are shown on page 6.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2018 at 1:34 AM, Xigfrid said:

For the gerwalk lovers

029804E1-3877-4368-9F10-BD935E2AA6E2.thumb.jpeg.1587a5453cf0e19837ee1e6d2daa8081.jpegD07467D7-B793-4327-A875-0F48C6E202D5.thumb.jpeg.0e5872c087aee3e1e715e32bc74a3acb.jpeg87A3037F-82C5-49D9-9A84-FA01555383E0.thumb.jpeg.418f5669ac97b470fc0928872a5fb1db.jpeg409495F3-3759-46D0-9F83-F8E2EA324D6E.thumb.jpeg.a264402e3e5771241f8e12ed01ac11b1.jpeg

Wow! The nosecone can swivel from left to right? :blink:

Curious. Are you planning on putting some metal content into it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! The nosecone can swivel from left to right? :blink:

Curious. Are you planning on putting some metal content into it?

 

It’s 3d printed and available for any one of us to build from shapeways.  How would he be able to put metal into it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mommar said:

It’s 3d printed and available for any one of us to build from shapeways.  How would he be able to put metal into it?

There is metal printing available through Shapeways, but that is probably something I'd stay away from. It really doesn't need it, save for the screws and pins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! The nosecone can swivel from left to right? :blink:

Curious. Are you planning on putting some metal content into it?

 

Hi Noel! yeah the nose is supposed to swivel, so I made it so. I didn't want to make it rotate full 90° left/right though, so the figure stays put. There are metal screws and pins already. I could put metal there and there just to add weight.

Junctions made of metal and plastic tends to wear the plastic side quicker than plastic/plastic junctions, so this is something I am avoiding. The only parts that would benefit from being in metal would be the landing gears, but you know... Metal printing is much more expensive than plastic

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 12:23 AM, Xigfrid said:

Hi Noel! yeah the nose is supposed to swivel, so I made it so. I didn't want to make it rotate full 90° left/right though, so the figure stays put. There are metal screws and pins already. I could put metal there and there just to add weight.

Junctions made of metal and plastic tends to wear the plastic side quicker than plastic/plastic junctions, so this is something I am avoiding. The only parts that would benefit from being in metal would be the landing gears, but you know... Metal printing is much more expensive than plastic

Hey Xigfrid. Thanks! Yeah, the reason why I ask about metal content is just for the stability of it. And I'm sure that it's going to get more expensive if there's metal printing involve. ;)

But, yeah, your VF-9 looks awesome!  :good: 

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the gun pod and landing gear, along with v.4 of the canard. I must say, I'm very happy with the gunpod. The fact that the handle collapses and the fin collapses is really great. I ordered it in black professional, and it looks ready to go right away, but I just primed it so that I can do cleanup on some parts. I'm looking forward to this being the first part I finish of this kit.

I did manage to get some of my resin dyes and managed to mix a red with warm water. I soaked a couple of the WSF parts in it, and they seem to be a solid red color (minus parts I patched and smoothed out. I think this might be something to look into if you buy the WSF parts. I'm going to try this with some of the other WSF parts I have and just sand them before putting them in a dye. If this works, this may be the way I go. The dye I used is called So Strong, which can be bought through Smooth-On. They have red, black, yellow, brown, and all sorts of others. I'm going to test this out longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...