I read some scathing reviews prior to seeing the movie, and I have to say, did they even watch "Bohemian Rhapsody" or were they working off a list of things they wanted to hate? The movie was Awesome!!! and it was the movie Freddie and the band, and the fans, deserved. It wasn't a documentary, it was fictionalization in the spirit of Queen, and Malek was totally rocking it on stage and on screen. Say what you will about Singer, the direction and cinematography were flawless. Great experience, and it must be seen on the big screen.

26 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

I read some scathing reviews prior to seeing the movie, and I have to say, did they even watch "Bohemian Rhapsody" or were they working off a list of things they wanted to hate? The movie was Awesome!!! and it was the movie Freddie and the band, and the fans, deserved. It wasn't a documentary, it was fictionalization in the spirit of Queen, and Malek was totally rocking it on stage and on screen. Say what you will about Singer, the direction and cinematography were flawless. Great experience, and it must be seen on the big screen.

Now this is what I wanted to read. Some of these online reviewers are so bloody critical as well cynical. 

Going to see it this week, can't wait!! 

I saw it the other week, and although arguably its a bit workmanlike its by no means as bad as some reviews have made it. I felt it got better as it went on, and of course it helps that its been gifted with a ready-made soundtrack of awesome. The timeline is definitely mixed up, but the recreation of Live Aid is astonishing, and I watched that the first time! :lol: (on TV).

Edit: And, oh, while the guy playing Freddie is good I think they cloned Brian May!

Edited by F-ZeroOne