Calibre Wings 1/72 diecast VF-1

Sildani

Just now, technoblue said:

I've been impressed with Calibre Wings real world F-14 models. I can see myself picking up these, as well, especially if there's a plan to do these up SDF-TV style.

37288346_954852408050147_8635296580586438656_o.thumb.jpg.c92e762ce10a6499e07d0a105958b330.jpg

Well, that is a TV suit and helmet...

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Curious. I don't have any Calibre Wings plane models. But looking at this VF-1's prototypes, is that how deep the panel lines is on their other releases?

The panel lines are well defined. I can take pictures later this evening to try and capture them on a retail/painted release. You can also check out the images on their facebook page if you wish, @no3Ljm.

https://m.facebook.com/calibrewings/

Calibre Wings is currently working on real-world F-16 and SU-24 diecast models too, and you might get better comparison shots when looking at the prototypes for those models.

Edited by technoblue

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Curious. I don't have any Calibre Wings plane models. But looking at this VF-1's prototypes, is that how deep the panel lines is on their other releases?

Once painted I guess they do not look so deep?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44666-calibre-wings-172-f-14d-diecast-macross-custom/?do=findComment&comment=1408592

• 1 month later...

So I checked their Facebook page as posted by Technoblue above and saw this today.

39558006_992551484280239_6271754302113447936_n.jpg.4b34dd19369575b63aafd9239aaada19.jpg

But someone in the comment feed posted this for comparison. ^_^

39385842_10160770175450611_735019554618474496_n.jpg.9efde7c07e80584f867b0f4e52472898.jpg

Thanks also for the link JVM. Love what I saw there. ;)

I must admit, I never understood the nostalgia for the BGF levers... yeah, it's cute, but that interface design is just so utterly nonsensical. :p

On the other hand, the DYRL-style screen was way ahead of its time.  It's essentially the same sort of cockpit that's in the F-35.

56 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I must admit, I never understood the nostalgia for the BGF levers... yeah, it's cute, but that interface design is just so utterly nonsensical. :p

C'mon now. It's a transforming fighter plane. Where else do you need to put those BGF levers asides the regular switches and knobs of a regular fighter plane. :lol:

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

On the other hand, the DYRL-style screen was way ahead of its time.  It's essentially the same sort of cockpit that's in the F-35.

The current valks dont have the BGF levers do they? 

on the f35, maybe someone on the f-35 project is a macross fan!
here is hoping for real life exa-skeleton flight suits with wings next..:p

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

C'mon now. It's a transforming fighter plane. Where else do you need to put those BGF levers asides the regular switches and knobs of a regular fighter plane. :lol:

I just mean having three levers for that function is the doofiest interface I've ever seen :lol: That'd be like having a separate stick shift knob for every individual gear in a transmission.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

How much do you think this one will go since it's a little bit smaller than their traditional 1/72 F-14's?

My guess is probably around the same as the current "Macross"-themed F-14's....I think they are done with the F-14 releases....so they will not be competing for sales (wise move of coming out with the F-14s first)...I personally do not see getting anymore of the F-14s if they are now coming out with "actual" versions of the Macross VF's.....I think that the existing consumer market for these built diecast models are already OK with paying in the 100-150 USD range for this type of product.

The KC 1/72 transforming VF-1 is also coming and it may kill some Calibre Wings sales....but I think it is really two different markets...plus being transformable, it probably will not look as "accurate" in  any specific mode and especially will probbaly not be as nice in fighter mode......

Anyway, I'm in for at least the first in this new diecast, non-transforming 1/72 Macross VF series.....not sure if I am willing to go all in on the series though......especially if they go all-out Doyusha on us.....they can only do VF-1's right? ;)

gallery_12176_633_196064.jpg

I think I already know how I'll be displaying the CW VF-1S....

large.20180711_205028.jpg.9d4d9fe5929ef4

I do hope they realize they've painted up a VF-1J in the S markings for the prototype there. :rolleyes: 

Also hope the gunpod isn't permanently mounted, really prefer the option to have a completely clean aircraft.  Otherwise looks good, and I might grab one or two, but I really don't need more VF-1s in any scale at this point. :lol: 

• 2 months later...

I've always wanted to have a table display of a VF-1 besides an F-14. Since the VF-1 design was inspired by it. So if I were to get this 1/72 VF-1J 'Rick Hunter' (hopefully a low-vis one so it's easy to pair with any F-14), what's the best F-14 based on model, type, and squadron to have it pair with?

VF-1S - F-14B Jolly Rogers?
VF-1J - F-14A Sundowner or Wolf Pack?

Thanks!

Edited by no3Ljm

53 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I've always wanted to have a table display of a VF-1 besides an F-14. Since the VF-1 design was inspired by it. So if I were to get this 1/72 VF-1J 'Rick Hunter' (hopefully a low-vis one so it's easy to pair with any F-14), what's the best F-14 based on model, type, and squadron to have it pair with?

VF-1S - F-14B Jolly Rogers?
VF-1J - F-14A Sundowner or Wolf Pack?

Thanks!

Jolly Rogers!

Macross_Arcadia_VF-1S_PHC_DSCN3560.jpg.c5e656d6970094ebff7143a13a332ff7.jpg

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sure but get what you like. Matching is for pop bands and fashion models, not fighter planes.;)

Really? So matching Walküre and Valkyries falls into what category then? :lol:

The thing is that I don't want to start another line. I'm just playing on the idea if I were to get one. And that means I need to get another one for pairing. ;)

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Really? So matching Walküre and Valkyries falls into what category then? :lol:

The thing is that I don't want to start another line. I'm just playing on the idea if I were to get one. And that means I need to get another one for pairing. ;)

I don't actually recall a lot of coordination between Walküre members and their partner-plane's colours...

The pilots seem to have painted their own rides in their preferred colours. 

Unfortunately there are few White-and-Red Tomcat schemes... The Wolfpack would get my vote to match with a Hikaru VF-1J:

F-14-047-W1.jpg

Edited by slide