Jump to content
captain america

The Official Moscato Hobby Models Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, captain america said:

Captain's log, August 14th.

Almost done! Just little details remain now. Since I made the fanny saddle-pack box openable, I figured I'd make some innards to compliment it. Various food stuffs, medical supplies, cantine... The box's internals aren't removeable, but the water bottle is, Just another nifty little accessory for additional posing or dioramas. Also, as specifically requested, we have... An HBT family pack!! I really have to thank Ted for bringing it up, because in hindsight, the accessories set wouldn't have been complete without it.

Also, I managed to adjust the Gallant/Rifle stock so that I can mold them separately, so you will have the option to mix & match between short or extended barrel versions... You're welcome! And it looks like you guys will be getting unscribed visors as well. Still finishing those up, but it looks like it's a go. While the visors are drying, I'll be finishing the dashboard panel and decals.

All that being said, the accessories set has grown beyond my initial plans, so the price will have to be adjusted--that's the only bad news. It would go from $65 CAD to $85 CAD ($50 USD to $65 USD). So the pre-order price will be $85 CAD for the first 50 paid. Shipping would be the same as for the Baby Space Crab (which is the minimum for any parcel) with the added advantage being that I can ship 4 sets for the price of one. I'll provide the exact figures next week when I start accepting payments.

The bottom pic gives you an idea of what the set will look like, minus a few parts.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

Looks awesome Cap! Can't wait. :wub: 

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just by-the-by, I'm toying with the idea of having the dash panel as a glow-in-the-dark piece, which would add just a little extra coolness to the update set. Must. Succeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's some awesome casting decisions you've made there Capt. :D

Very happy to see the visor included. Did you smooth out lines from the underside? :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tober said:

That's some awesome casting decisions you've made there Capt. :D

Very happy to see the visor included. Did you smooth out lines from the underside? :unsure:

Yes, and that's a significant part of the price increase. The visors are actually scribed on the underside, so I had to make special tools to fill and sand the very tight compound curve, which is a major tedious PITA, but it's coming along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, captain america said:

Yes, and that's a significant part of the price increase. The visors are actually scribed on the underside, so I had to make special tools to fill and sand the very tight compound curve, which is a major tedious PITA, but it's coming along.

Well, it looks great so far. :)

Will the visor be available for individual purchase as well? It was an annoyance with a lot of buyers here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tober said:

Well, it looks great so far. :)

Will the visor be available for individual purchase as well? It was an annoyance with a lot of buyers here.

No plans for it. Besides, it would cost the same to ship one visor as 4 whole accessory sets, so really not worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man the addition of the canteen and visor will really take this set over the top. What you are providing will transform a pretty good toy into an exceptional one. I can't wait to send you my money :).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Here I was buying accessories for my e-bike never thought I would also be interested in buying a set for a collectible. Well if the winds are right, might I suggest to set your sight on a possible future project. 1/12 of course!

image.jpg

Edited by s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d
S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Wow! Here I was buying accessories for my e-bike never thought I would also be interested in buying a set for a collectible. Well if the winds are right, might I suggest to set your sight on a possible future project. 1/12 of course!

image.jpg

That's definitely an interesting project, and I'd be happy to take a stab at it if demand is there. I also had the idea of making a 1/12 Legioss cockpit that would go with the existing Sentinel figures. One idea among many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Wow! Here I was buying accessories for my e-bike never thought I would also be interested in buying a set for a collectible. Well if the winds are right, might I suggest to set your sight on a possible future project. 1/12 of course!

image.jpg

i'm in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captain america said:

That's definitely an interesting project, and I'd be happy to take a stab at it if demand is there. I also had the idea of making a 1/12 Legioss cockpit that would go with the existing Sentinel figures. One idea among many.

:wub: So when are you going to show us the prototypes? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain's log: Friday, August 17th. Quick-and-dirty update on the accessories set: molding has begun in earnest, and the modified visor looks to be a success! However chaotic my molding process looks, it works, and works well. ^_^
 

IMG_0857.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:good: :wub:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The visor will be molded in transparent resin? If so, will it be possible to order two separately? as with the decals for the motorcycle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

The visor will be molded in transparent resin? If so, will it be possible to order two separately? as with the decals for the motorcycle?

I'm not sure why I'd bother casting a visor, tediously filling-in the scribed lines and re-molding it in opaque resin. Sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say? If you don't mind paying for the extra individual parts, it's no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, captain america said:

I'm not sure why I'd bother casting a visor, tediously filling-in the scribed lines and re-molding it in opaque resin. Sort of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say? If you don't mind paying for the extra individual parts, it's no problem.

Hey Cap, are you going to post the extra costs if anyone wants to add specific item outside the bundle once you posted it in the F/S section?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the visor will be vacuforming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain's log: Tuesday, quitting time.

Basic molds are done, duplicate molds are in the pipeline and the castings are awesome! The visor is looking really sweet, too, and if I'm lucky, I can game the mixture just a little so that the part remains slightly flexible and less prone to breakage. I'll be casting these already tinted, so as to save those with lesser modeling skills the chore of painting them. As for the tint, this test-shot is a bit too blue, so I'll adjust the color to a blue-gray as seen in the anime.

The RPG will come with a clear lens for the targeting system, but I'll also be giving you all a little extra glow-in-the-dark sheet, which you can trim and place beneath the lens on the RPG to simulate a night-vision system. Simple, but effective! Also, I'm finishing up the markings before I send them to print. You have markings/serial/instructions for the RPG, markings for the saddle-packs as well as for the Gallant weapons. Will post a For Sale thread tomorrow w/shipping prices... I'm pumped! ^_^

MOTOCYCLE FREAK SET.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesomw work, Captain!

 

Many thanks, especially for the visor. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, Cap. Can’t wait. ^_^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new visor, but it will match the same color for all the 4 characters? 

I'm asking because I don't know if the visor of Fuke or Yellow have the same color of Stick or Rei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, can you please do the dash sticker or decal more colorful, like this picture?

Thank you in advance.

DustyAyresbike-Console01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love a set too... but would you ship to South Africa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cool8or said:

I love the new visor, but it will match the same color for all the 4 characters? 

I'm asking because I don't know if the visor of Fuke or Yellow have the same color of Stick or Rei.

Yellow's visor was green.

Their visor shapes were also both different to Stick and Rey's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Captain,

The set looks great.  I was wondering if you had any experience doing photo-etch?  The dash insert in photo-etch would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cool8or said:

Also, can you please do the dash sticker or decal more colorful, like this picture?

Thank you in advance.

DustyAyresbike-Console01.jpg

If I do it in color, it won't have the glow-in-the-dark effect. I chose this procedure specifically for its effect. Also, why would you want a dash that just looks like a regular ol' sticker?

Haven't done photo-etch in years and don't know anyone who offers the service at a reasonable cost for small jobs. I may look into it for future projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tober said:

Yellow's visor was green.

Their visor shapes were also both different to Stick and Rey's.

All the Ride Armor visors had a different shape and color for each model type.

Also, orders are up on Facebook. Will post a FOR SALE ad here a little later. In the meantime, shipping rates are available now.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 12.00.00 PM.png

Edited by captain america

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, captain america said:

Also, orders are up on Facebook. Will post a FOR SALE ad here a little later. In the meantime, shipping rates are available now.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 12.00.00 PM.png

Damn, that practically doubles the cost! :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...