The Official Moscato Hobby Models Thread

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

Mmm, bulky mecha - totally loving it. It reminds a lot of a Zenith wanzer from Front Mission, especially the upper body.  I just might have to get one if it makes it to the production line.

I have a whole repertoire of stuff from that era; much of it needs refinement because I didn't have the luxury of time to make things as I would have liked. Rest assured, my best is yet to come!

11 minutes ago, captain america said:

Hey guys!

I was planning to produce some 1/48 Bioroids last month, but with the timing of the new maas toys announcements and now some official Hovertank renderings being shown, I don't know if this would be such a good idea. What are your thoughts on the matter?

How many variants are you thinking of doing? I think there are six including the unseen 'worker'.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

How many variants are you thinking of doing? I think there are six including the unseen 'worker'.

Cherry, apple and grape variations, since those share a fair amount of parts commonality. I'm reluctant to offer them now, because I think the SC market is already so small and I suspect maas may want to protect their sales at all costs. Not looking to put myself in a position to attract Imperial attention, if you know what I mean.

1 hour ago, captain america said:

Hey guys!

I was planning to produce some 1/48 Bioroids last month, but with the timing of the new maas toys announcements and now some official Hovertank renderings being shown, I don't know if this would be such a good idea. What are your thoughts on the matter?

I´d love to get at least one

Hmmm, while for my own selfish reasons I would say to go for it so that I have options to choose from it may be better for you to take a wait and see approach. While I know for sure what you would produce would put MAAS' efforts to shame I would assume their price point and the fact that it is a completed product would make theirs more desirable to many. Because of that people may pass on yours to hold out on the MAAS version making it difficult for you to get a good ROI.

Of course who knows if MAAS will even make theirs and you have a pretty quick concept to production timeline so... 

Yeah I probably didn't help much there did I.

For my personal preferences it really comes down to items being compatible with each other. If all you make is the bioroid with no properly scaled hovertank to go with it I wouldn't be as interested and would probably go with MAAS, as imperfect as it may be. But if you make other 1/48 scaled SC items to pair with them then I would definitely prefer what you produce.

• 2 months later...

I can't help thinking that Sentinel's Blow Superior needs an accessories set of its own. Here's what I had in mind:

-2 HBT cases, blue-gray color like in episode 5.
-3 balloons w/brass rod for string (ep 5)
-clear green visor
-coffee mug w/decal (ep 4)
-glow-in-the-dark dash panel
-binoculars w/strap (ep 12)
-molded in color, just like the MF set

Price target: $50 + shipping. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.08.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 12.12.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.30.38 PM.png

4 hours ago, captain america said:

I can't help thinking that Sentinel's Blow Superior needs an accessories set of its own. Here's what I had in mind:

-2 HBT cases, blue-gray color like in episode 5.
-3 balloons w/brass rod for string (ep 5)
-clear green visor
-coffee mug w/decal (ep 4)
-glow-in-the-dark dash panel
-binoculars w/strap (ep 12)
-molded in color, just like the MF set

Price target: $50 + shipping. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.08.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 12.12.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-13 at 10.30.38 PM.png

And a microphone, maybe? 

• 1 month later...

AHH! Finally! Another King Crab - and a purple version at that! Love it! Never seen another one built in the wild other than mine! They all look great! I Should really share my pics at some point. Doubt many new people around here have seen them. 

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

AHH! Finally! Another King Crab - and a purple version at that! Love it! Never seen another one built in the wild other than mine! They all look great! I Should really share my pics at some point. Doubt many new people around here have seen them. 

Please, post them 

Happy to! I can't find any of the Moscoto Zentradi Scout Ship, but that was my first one piece resin kit! I got braver after that and started in with the 3 space ships from Mospeada, then I got a LOT braver with all the Invids... I'd never done a resin kit before any of these! 

IMG_0067.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG