The Official Moscato Hobby Models Thread

52 minutes ago, Masked Aviator said:

Cap, I've just discovered this forum and your awesome mospeada accessaries set. I hope I knew it earlier. Can I still pre-order 1 set?  Or will you release them again in near future? because Sentinel will have 2nd release in October . Many thanks. 

Accessories set will be available again as of September 14th at the regular price of $93 CAD + shipping.

Also, good news everyone! Kits are cast and if I receive my boxes next week, I can start shipping by the 14th. Stay tuned!

Hi guys! Destruction files are now done for the 1/12 MOTOCYCLE FREAK set. I decided to do them a little differently this time, keeping each plate as an image rather than combining several images onto a page. This way you can really zoom-in and see things in proper detail. Let me know if you like the new format.

0001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

1.jpg

notice.jpg

Edited by captain america

You're very welcome, sir!

And on that note, this is me showing-off the Armor Mode holding the RPG, as per the source illustration. Also, I'm working on a fix for the shoulder armor that falls off the figure if you so much as look at it wrong. I left them off in Armor Mode because they risk being scratched by the bike parts and they're mostly hidden anyway.

IMG_3993.jpg

Edited by captain america

Received my Motorcycle Freak sets this past week and began clean up on them over the weekend. So far it has been a breeze. Other than one or two around the box hinges there hasn't been a single pin hole to be filled. The RPG and rifle barrels were slightly bent in one of my sets but those things are to be expected and easily fixed. In fact only having two curved pieces out of all the pieces in two sets is a pretty high mark in my book.

My only one nit pick would be with the rifle barrel position itself. It is ever so slightly off center. I have contemplated cutting it off and re-positioning it but since it is only really noticeable from the top I figured it would be more trouble than it is worth.

Overall I am very happy. I know captain america has a very good reputation around here for a quality product but this set still exceeded my expectations. Hopefully we will see more of these sets with some unique goodies to pair with the future Sentinel releases.

• 2 weeks later...

That would make it about... 1:350 scale?

Even among Southern Cross fans, I can't see this selling enough to justify your time... but if it's something you enjoy doing, that's the most important thing.  ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And now for something a little bit different! As some of you may be aware, long ago, I used to design mecha for RPGs. I found some of the illustrations I'd done for the Jovian Chronicles, as well as a few that never saw the light of day: this is one such mecha design. I figured I'd share, since I intend to get back into designing my own mecha, so this is a drop in the bucket of things to come.

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg