The Official Moscato Hobby Models Thread

3 hours ago, captain america said:

All the Ride Armor visors had a different shape and color for each model type.

That mean that you will have different visors for Stick and Rei? 

20 minutes ago, cool8or said:

That mean that you will have different visors for Stick and Rei? 

Stick/Ley both use the VR-052. Same visor. 41H has a blue-green visor, 38L has a lighter, blue-gray visor.

I will likely offer a modified version of the accessories without visor when the BLOW SUPERIOR and BARTLEY come out... Unless Sentinel f*cks those visors up too, in which case it'll be Captain America to the rescue! lol

sigh... no one willing to help a brother out on the ass end of the planet? I only want/need one set, but shipping with the cost of the set is a bit much (if captain america will even send to South Africa) or if someone will be willing to send it from their location

EMS shipping from Japan worldwide includes tracking and insurance, it's very reliable, and the rates are reasonable.  I'll have Captain America send me four sets, and I can offset the shipping costs for anyone else outside of North America.

3 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

sigh... no one willing to help a brother out on the ass end of the planet? I only want/need one set, but shipping with the cost of the set is a bit much (if captain america will even send to South Africa) or if someone will be willing to send it from their location

I can ship you a set from Japan via EMS for $20 USD...

18 hours ago, Tober said:

Damn, that practically doubles the cost! :wacko:

I can ship you a set from Japan via EMS for less than $20 USD.  ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

EMS shipping from Japan worldwide includes tracking and insurance, it's very reliable, and the rates are reasonable.  I'll have Captain America send me four sets, and I can offset the shipping costs for anyone else outside of North America.

I can ship you a set from Japan via EMS for $20 USD...

I can ship you a set from Japan via EMS for less than $20 USD.  ^_^

I would be willing to take a set shipped from Japan, as cost for me is 95 cad shipping for 1 set to Australia :(

Snake Eyes, Savant, Tober and I will each cover 25% of the shipping cost to Japan, then.  :drinks:

23 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

what would the total be for the kit and the shipping from Japan?

EMS charges will be about $20, but depend on exactly how much the individual packages weigh.  I need to know the precise weight and shipping cost to Japan, so I'll PM the Captain.

Okay, the math works out to ¥11000 ($99 USD) total per set, including EMS shipping worldwide.

If that's still too expensive for Tober, Saviant or Snake Eyes, then sh9000 can claim the outstanding set.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Okay, the math works out to ¥11000 ($99 USD) total per set, including EMS shipping worldwide.

If that's still too expensive for Tober, Saviant or Snake Eyes, then sh9000 can claim the outstanding set.

Thanks so much, that price is a lot better.

17 hours ago, captain america said:

Hey guys, heads-up: due to overwhelming demand, I won't be accepting orders for extra visors from this point forth. Those who have already paid are OK, though.

Can't you just make another set? With the tools you created etc... :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Tober said:

Can't you just make another set? With the tools you created etc... :unsure:

I have 8 sets of molds just for the visors as it is. You have to bear in mind that clear resin isn't like regular resin: the slightest flake of dust/debris, or even tiny bubbles caused by the mixing process will render the part junk, and it can't be melted-down and recycled. One in 3 visors comes out unusable. Food for thought.

3 minutes ago, captain america said:

I have 8 sets of molds just for the visors as it is. You have to bear in mind that clear resin isn't like regular resin: the slightest flake of dust/debris, or even tiny bubbles caused by the mixing process will render the part junk, and it can't be melted-down and recycled. One in 3 visors comes out unusable. Food for thought.

Sure, but how many casts per mold? I thought it was 20 to 30, which works out to qbout 160 visors.. :wacko:

20 hours ago, Tober said:

Sure, but how many casts per mold? I thought it was 20 to 30, which works out to qbout 160 visors.. :wacko:

For regular resin it's about 30. Smooth-On 327 is more agressive than the regular 310 I use, so mold-life is cut in half. 

Quick Saturday update:

I had worked-out a decent system to mount the side saddle-bags using the existing notch in the seat bulkhead. The con is that repeated installation/removal of the latches might damage/loosen the exhaust pipe, because the latch partially fit behind the exhaust for stability.

After a bit of fiddling, I created something even better: easier to add/remove, and puts no stress on this very expensive figure's parts. The part in white is the new addition. The mock-up is in styrene, but will be green resin in the kit. You literally just slide it forward into place from behind the bike, or pull rearward to remove. This is kinda how I figured it would work IRL. When the transformation sequence is activated, a locking peg holding the latches/saddle-bags is released. When the rider guns the gas and wheelies, the whole thing just slides off onto the ground.

It also leaves room for a vanity plate and doubles as a crude rear mud-guard. 

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

Captain's Log: Monday morning!

MOTOCYCLE FREAK kits are being cast, slowly but surely. The H90 rifle mounts to the bike because these are integrated weapons sets. As for the RPG, based on the style of design (clunky, one-shot), I concluded that it looks like some sort of pre-Inbit invasion weapons technology, so I designed it to not mount onto the MOSPEADA. That being said, I was dilligent in my duty to keep it as accurate to the original illustration as possible, including the grip positioning. Think of it as merely one weapon (of many) that resistance fighters use. Will have instructions ready in 2-3 weeks.

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

Edited by captain america

10 hours ago, captain america said:

No, you'd have to make something custom because rifles aren't made to be carried that way.

It's called the "patrol carry position", and is the standard way that infantry are trained to carry their rifles when on foot.

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

It's called the "patrol carry position", and is the standard way that infantry are trained to carry their rifles when on foot.

Not to be confused with rifles designed by early 80's teenage geeks who've likely never SEEN a real rifle, let alone carried one to understand the ergonomics involved. Hence, the H90 follows NONE of the traditional ergonomics of a regular rifle.

Modern soldiers use that position, but there are several problems translating that to this figure:

1-the figure's body is hard plastic and the joints won't allow that range of motion to hold the rifle, particularly the wrist joint.

2-the figure's wrist is further hampered by the very thick cuff of the gauntlet

3-the H90 has a YUGE stock which is longer and wider than any normal rifle stock

4-the H90 rifle's bottom stock connector takes-up space that is normally empty on a rifle. Compound this with problem 2.

5- lastly, the sling's mounting points are both on the bottom of the rifle. I suppose you would have enough strap to jerry-rig something if you create an upper attachment point, but that does not solve problems 1-4.

See pic to better understand.

IMG_0903.jpg

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Hey RavenHawk. "Pistol Carry Position." I didn't know about that term. All I know is just 'strap across the chest or something'. Thanks by the way. I learned something new today. ;) 

7 minutes ago, captain america said:

Not to be confused with rifles designed by early 80's teenage geeks who've likely never SEEN a real rifle, let alone carried one to understand the ergonomics involved. Hence, the H90 follows NONE of the traditional ergonomics of a regular rifle.

*snip*

Hey Cap. No worries though. I was only asking because on my Beagle Riders, I pose the strapped rifle sometimes on their back across from shoulder to waist while the riders are on their bikes. Thought I can do the same with this one. If not, it's all good. Thanks. ^_^ 

10 hours ago, captain america said:

Welp, pre-orders are now officially filled. Many thanks to all those of you who showed faith in my vision, you guys are awesome! :)

Just want to say congrats Cap! Looking forward to the set.  :good: 

12 minutes ago, captain america said:

The weapons will be compatible, but the saddle latches will need to be altered to suit the rear of the seat on the 41H

If you're going to adjust the saddle for the 41H, would you decide on offering the whole set again ( w/ guns, bazooka, visor) or just the saddle bags only? Thanks!