• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be easier if when people see a Predator they just drop their guns, ignore it and carry on with life a usual?  They're the ultimate hunters looking for a good hunt.  If we don't fight back or run where's the challenge?  Won't they just get bored an leave and tell their other Predator friends how hunting humans isn't fun anymore?

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Wouldn't it be easier if when people see a Predator they just drop their guns, ignore it and carry on with life a usual?  They're the ultimate hunters looking for a good hunt.  If we don't fight back or run where's the challenge?  Won't they just get bored an leave and tell their other Predator friends how hunting humans isn't fun anymore?

at that point they'd either use us as incubators to make Xenomorphs to hunt or nuke us from orbit for being poor sports about it.

On 7/19/2018 at 8:49 PM, sh9000 said:

7DD51ABB-FC04-4A5D-85A7-FD3A0AEB5844.thumb.jpeg.88c7806f8cd9622b5eb5d531c2ce717a.jpeg

Blood for the Blood God, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

man I'm pumped for this!

• 2 weeks later...

is it necessary or needed? no not at all, it exists to exist, a story that didn't need to be told.

did i enjoy it? absolutely, very much so. Shane Black is legit funny and I appreciated his take on the whole thing. a lot of the scenes from the trailer work better in the context of larger scenes, especially the crazy soldier stuff. action is good, characters are good, gore is good.

my only gripe is the franchise baiting but you gotta take the light with the shade in mainstream movies these days.

also, the NECA thermal vision Fugitive Predator looks unreal!

DnA8PrFWwAAxgRR?format=jpg

12 minutes ago, glane21 said:

This movie was a terrible waste of budget that could have been used to make a good predator movie.   

After thirty years, three disappointing sequels and two hated crossovers, I'm beginning to wonder if "a good Predator movie" is even possible...  :unsure:

1 hour ago, tekering said:

After thirty years, three disappointing sequels and two hated crossovers, I'm beginning to wonder if "a good Predator movie" is even possible...  :unsure:

I actually really like Predator 2, it had real character development and a coherent storyline, two things The Predator utterly lacks.  And Predators was at least watchable.

But this piece of crap movie is so bad that I’m taking the Neca figure back to Target tomorrow for a refund.  It kinda sucks anyway.

Predator (original, classic, Schwarzenegger, best one IMHO)

Predator 2 (not the best thing ever but entertaining and the ending is great with the old pistol, nice way of saying "We've been doing this for years".) 

Predators (Fun, lots of action, characters you kind of give a damn about.) 

AVP 1 & 2 ( I personally didn't like them but if you did that's cool too ). 

The Predator 2018 (from the reviews and the comments here... I'll wait til it's on Netflix or TNT.) 

9 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Predator (original, classic, Schwarzenegger, best one IMHO)

Predator 2 (not the best thing ever but entertaining and the ending is great with the old pistol, nice way of saying "We've been doing this for years".) 

Predators (Fun, lots of action, characters you kind of give a damn about.) 

AVP 1 & 2 ( I personally didn't like them but if you did that's cool too ). 

The Predator 2018 (from the reviews and the comments here... I'll wait til it's on Netflix or TNT.) 

Spot-on ranking.

I tend to think of AVP as a Predator film (a brightly lit action film, that allows Yautja and human characters to interact), whereas AVP:R is an Alien film (an underlit horror movie,  that further expands on alien physiology).  As a bigger fan of space opera than action films, I prefer the Alien series... thus I think AVP:R is the better film.

I'm hoping The Predator is, at the very least, a distinct improvement over AVP...  That's not much to ask for, is it?  :unsure:

36 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

The original Predator was basically RAMBO meets ALIEN.

You could make a good Predator film and I'd go with a edgy war-like film where modern soldiers take on the PREDATOR in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan, not the suburbs.

Open desert and rocky mountains don't make a compelling film. This franchise needs to return to dense and thick jungles just not modern day. It's time to start playing with the fact the preds have been to earth before and set a movie during the pacific campaign of WWII. I know somebody posted a fan film along these lines but I want you to imagine this....

Guadalcanal 1942. All is quiet when the Predator's ship lands in the jungle at night. As he leaves his ship and readies his gear for the hunt his ship is hit and destroyed by naval artillery fire. Stranded and low on weapons he sends a distress beacon and begins his hunt. He observes the aftermath of a battle and sees a US Marine start to take war trophies and golden teeth from the dead Japanese. He becomes obsessed with this one marine as he shadows his unit and begins collecting skulls from both forces who both think it's the other side commiting the mutilations playing up the demonizing propaganda of the time. In the end it comes down to the marine, and a Japanese soldier who was also collecting trophies from the dead and know they've been hunted. In a climactic battle nobody survives and the Preds body is recovered by other preds and no one knows what really happened.

There. I'm now a better writer than Shane Black. Go full Saving Private Ryan/Pacific miniseries with the portrayal of war and brutal violence and you have a classic.

Edited by renegadeleader1

5 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Open desert and rocky mountains don't make a compelling film. This franchise needs to return to dense and thick jungles just not modern day. It's time to start playing with the fact the preds have been to earth before and set a movie during the pacific campaign of WWII. I know somebody posted a fan film along these lines but I want you to imagine this....

Guadalcanal 1942. All is quiet when the Predator's ship lands in the jungle at night. As he leaves his ship and readies his gear for the hunt his ship is hit and destroyed by naval artillery fire. Stranded and low on weapons he sends a distress beacon and begins his hunt. He observes the aftermath of a battle and sees a US Marine start to take war trophies and golden teeth from the dead Japanese. He becomes obsessed with this one marine as he shadows his unit and begins collecting skulls from both forces who both think it's the other side commiting the mutilations playing up the demonizing propaganda of the time. In the end it comes down to the marine, and a Japanese soldier who was also collecting trophies from the dead and know they've been hunted. In a climactic battle nobody survives and the Preds body is recovered by other preds and no one knows what really happened.

There. I'm now a better writer than Shane Black. Go full Saving Private Ryan/Pacific miniseries with the portrayal of war and brutal violence and you have a classic.

That. Would be EPIC...