Wow. Yeah, I remember getting a Fandango notification a few days ago regarding special screening again for Avengers Endgame with some deleted scenes included and some footages for the upcoming Spider-Man Far From Home. If that's the only 'deleted scenes' from Endgame, I'll just rather watch the movie once again when it's available for home release. Not worth going to the theaters again just to see those extras. And all the time, I thought there will be more 'deleted scenes' included.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just got back from seeing the Endgame re-release. @sh9000 listed exactly what would be there before the YouTube videos started popping up.

Personally I was glad to see it again (on a huge IMAX/EMAX screen). The deleted scene was kind of meh and the Far from Home clip was also pretty meh, but the tribute was very well done and touching.

Considering the emotional ending of Endgame the tribute hit the right note.

It's like this, don't go strictly for the extra's, but if you enjoyed Endgame then go see it again and enjoy the 'extras' for what they are, a small nod to those that enjoyed the movie and who would enjoy seeing something more. 

Also very much like the poster of the Iron Gauntlet.

-b.

Not to get political but had a thought the other day about IW and EG...the “snap” basically puts a definitive end on the whole when does life begin debate. There is no way in hell the snap caused fetuses to disappear out of wombs or expecting mothers to disappear leaving a fetus. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not to get political but had a thought the other day about IW and EG...the “snap” basically puts a definitive end on the whole when does life begin debate. There is no way in hell the snap caused fetuses to disappear out of wombs or expecting mothers to disappear leaving a fetus. Just saying.

If you have to say "not to get political" at the start of a post - you got political.  And an entertainment movie says nothing for either side in that argument.

18 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

If you have to say "not to get political" at the start of a post - you got political.  And an entertainment movie says nothing for either side in that argument.

Whatever, it was just a thought. Plus, entertainment as an art form inspires thought that can relate to reality. 

Edited by Slave IV

On 7/5/2019 at 8:27 PM, Slave IV said:

Actually doesn't. There was literally nothing said either way on whether pregnant women suddenly found themselves not pregnant or if a woman vanished into dust leaving a fetus behind.

Thinking on it, it would be possible that the Snap merely meant that both mother and child were connected on close enough levels that if one were to disappear, it would take the other with it by default.

1 hour ago, Thom said:

Actually doesn't. There was literally nothing said either way on whether pregnant women suddenly found themselves not pregnant or if a woman vanished into dust leaving a fetus behind.

Thinking on it, it would be possible that the Snap merely meant that both mother and child were connected on close enough levels that if one were to disappear, it would take the other with it by default.

Right, the movies never touched that but thinking about it like you did, I came to that conclusion. It’s no matter, just thinking out loud mostly and wondering what other takes would be. The best response I’ve heard is the fact that everything a person had on them dusted along with them, which doesn’t make much sense to begin with since inanimate objects like clothes and weapons dusted even though they are not “life”. Given this, I’m just going to chalk the whole thing up to creative license and leave it at that. 

Well, Spider-Man FFH showed us that wiping out half of all life in the universe and then bringing it back five years later is nothing but a minor inconvenience and resulting in a few awkward and humorous situations. No global crisis or pandemonium or anything.

The Blip. Yep. :lol:

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Well, Spider-Man FFH showed us that wiping out half of all life in the universe and then bringing it back five years later is nothing but a minor inconvenience and resulting in a few awkward and humorous situations. No global crisis or pandemonium or anything.

The Blip. Yep. :lol:

May was literally running a big donation drive/support group for helping deal with the depossessed from The Blip. So it had an effect. It's just Spider-man isn't the best place to tell that story. And honestly it's not likely anything but a dedicated movie could explore the concept well in its entirety. It at least gave you the info to fill in blanks on your own, though.

14 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

May was literally running a big donation drive/support group for helping deal with the depossessed from The Blip. So it had an effect. It's just Spider-man isn't the best place to tell that story. And honestly it's not likely anything but a dedicated movie could explore the concept well in its entirety. It at least gave you the info to fill in blanks on your own, though.

Agreed.

16 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Agreed.

Me three

That said, if Marvel had a decent television presence that could be explored across a season or more, because I do agree that it's a compelling story worth telling. IF done properly.

-b.

8 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

That said, if Marvel had a decent television presence that could be explored across a season or more, because I do agree that it's a compelling story worth telling. IF done properly.

-b.

I haven't seen the SM:FFH, but after reading your guys post re: the 5-year gap for some people, it remind me of a show a few yeas back (not sure if it's still airing now and what season). I forgot the exact title, but it was the one with the passenger plane who pass a storm, and when they land, they were already declared dead because some number of years have already passed. I'm not sure how Marvel is going to do that unless they put an 'interesting' character to carry the series or a character will emerge somewhere from that series as a superhero to make it, I guess, interesting.

But I don't think that's going to happen because on how they were doing their stories nowadays very conveniently driven and super safe.

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I haven't seen the SM:FFH, but after reading your guys post re: the 5-year gap for some people, it remind me of a show a few yeas back (not sure if it's still airing now and what season). I forgot the exact title, but it was the one with the passenger plane who pass a storm, and when they land, they were already declared dead because some number of years have already passed. I'm not sure how Marvel is going to do that unless they put an 'interesting' character to carry the series or a character will emerge somewhere from that series as a superhero to make it, I guess, interesting.

But I don't think that's going to happen because on how they were doing their stories nowadays very conveniently driven and super safe.

Oh Marvel definitely played it safe in Spider-Man: Far From Home (and sorry if we spoiled it!!!!).  

For me the interesting part would be character driven, doesn't even need to have a superhero carry the story, in fact I think it'd be better if it were regular people (or as regular as the non-super powered Agents of Shield are).

Endgame did a good job touching on post-snap life and hardship, but to tell the stories of what happens when people are "blipped" back and have to re-acclimate to life that's moved on 5 years. Whew.

-b.

22 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Oh Marvel definitely played it safe in Spider-Man: Far From Home (and sorry if we spoiled it!!!!).  

For me the interesting part would be character driven, doesn't even need to have a superhero carry the story, in fact I think it'd be better if it were regular people (or as regular as the non-super powered Agents of Shield are).

Endgame did a good job touching on post-snap life and hardship, but to tell the stories of what happens when people are "blipped" back and have to re-acclimate to life that's moved on 5 years. Whew.

-b.

That's fine, B. No worries about it. ;) I mean I've already read some spoilers somewhere accidentally. And besides, I'm really not sure if it's just me, but I find the whole Marvel movies a little bit of tiring now. Don't get me wrong though. I love superheroes. So much I'm still hoping that I will get to see a perfect Batman or Superman movies. But I just got fatigue after 10 years of it. So we kind of like decided we're just going to wait until it comes out digitally to enjoy it. Hence, the reason why we haven't watch SM:FFH in theaters.

By the way, I google'd and the shows that I was referring to earlier is called Manifest. And by doing research for it, I remember the other show called The Event. Anyways, it's a nice concept since it's just revolves with regular people finding the truth on what happened to them (same in Manifest) but not sure how Marvel going to do it differently from what's been or being done by other company.

^Cool, cool. :D And I've seen Marvel fatigue set in for a few people and I get that it's not all uncommon at all. I also hope for DC fans to get the characters and movies they want to the big screen as well. :ph34r:

I'm such a movie nerd (or whore lol) that I just enjoy going for the spectacle they provide. So for Marvel to have done this across 10 years, and seemingly set up for another 10 years I'm there.

That said I think Marvel has a real opportunity with the small green to tell more intimate stories that the big screen can't accommodate. I never watched any of the Netflix series, so maybe they already did, but now that those are gone there's another opportunity for Marvel to do so.

I think I remember previews for both of those, but I gave up on shows like that after the letdown that was Lost and The Event.

-b.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And besides, I'm really not sure if it's just me, but I find the whole Marvel movies a little bit of tiring now. Don't get me wrong though. I love superheroes. So much I'm still hoping that I will get to see a perfect Batman or Superman movies. But I just got fatigue after 10 years of it.

You're definitely not alone. After chasing the marvel movies for 10 years I think I'm ok from here on to take a break and only watch those whose trailer is interesting. 

I'll still catch the Marvel movies whenever they're released (at least until they start sucking like Snyder DC). I wouldn't say I'm fatigued like @no3Ljm but more like Cap and Iron Man are gone and the Infinity Saga is over, and it's unlikely the next 10 years will be as interesting to me.

Marvel and Disney will still make a lot of movies & money, though. 

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'll still catch the Marvel movies whenever they're released (at least until they start sucking like Snyder DC). I wouldn't say I'm fatigued like @no3Ljm but more like Cap and Iron Man are gone and the Infinity Saga is over, and it's unlikely the next 10 years will be as interesting to me.

Marvel and Disney will still make a lot of movies & money, though. 

That's for sure. I'm already planning on subscribing come November. ;)