On 4/19/2019 at 7:09 AM, sh9000 said:

Oh no, Captain Marvel has already sold out... next we'll see Steve Rogers hawking Ford products, Natasha shilling for Revlon, while Tony Stark starts doing more advertisements for Chinese tech companies... (pssst, Disney, ZTE needs help... some product placement for a few hundred million won't hurt)

Not only that, but product placement has been in the MCU since practically Day 1. Remember in the first Avengers where practically every vehicle you saw was an Acura?

Or the Samsung stuff littering Age of Ultron?

6 hours ago, F18LEGIOSS said:

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Would appreciate if you spoiler tag your posts... though I suppose it's my own fault for clicking the thread when I knew the movie was out in some regions already and the possibility for even unintentional spoilage was there.

EDIT:

Whoops, thanks for the fix, David. Jumping the gun there, I was.

Edited by kajnrig
Quoting a spoiler doesn't help, though I agree

15 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Cautiously optimistic. I absolute detest

Reveal hidden contents

time travel

as a plot device; 99% of the time it’s just not done well imho. Hope it’s good. 

My tots exactly! How convenient! 

That being said, I loved it. Didn’t feel too long a movie as the pace picks up as the movie progresses...quite a few audible gasps and cheers to be expected throughout!!

go see it!!

Watched it today! Great movie, I want to watch again as early as this weekend but I know the theatres will be packed the most. Hopefully I can still get a good seat. I actually took a vacation leave from work today just to watch this movie and it was worth it hahaha.

Spoiler

DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS OR HINTS

When the last stage of the final battle started I realized this has surpassed the LOTR epic battle for me. Amazing.

There were several moments that brought tears to my eyes, but I kinda don't want to spoil who died right now. (Yep some died, really.)

I think Cap has a lot of the good/great scenes in this movie. Cap fans will love it. A lot of callbacks in the dialogue so those who did rewatches (or really just memorized lines) will be rewarded.

I have lingering questions about Nebula and Gamora because of the time travel though. But because of what happens in the end GOTG3 will be my most anticipated future Marvel movie. Asguardians of the Galaxy hahaha

*edit*

And damn Loki's really quick at recognizing an opportunity in an instant. His scene is also one where I have questions.

Edited by hachi
edit

29 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I have one non-spoiler question since I will see it Sunday with my sons.  Mid and Post Credit scenes, are the reports true that it will not have them?

Are you basing this on the pre-screenings?  Because none of those ever have the post credits scenes.

37 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

I have one non-spoiler question since I will see it Sunday with my sons.  Mid and Post Credit scenes, are the reports true that it will not have them?

I stayed till mid credit and there was none. Was told as well there weren't any post credit scenes so i didn't stay till the end.

There was a nice homage to the actors just after the movie ends, before the cast scrolls come up, which was worth watching.

Spoiler

MJOLNIR is back!!!

Spoiler

I could literally hear all the gasps in the theater when cap was swinging mjolnir and beating thanos with it!!

Spoiler

Cap's call... avengers assemble! EPIC!

Spoiler

I AM IRON MAN! SNAP!

Spoiler

Finally a Thor everyone can identify with, and say i have thor's body too!!

Spoiler

Captain marvel taking down thanos ship on her own

This were some of the epic moments of the show, I remembered off hand and while feeling very sleepy after a long day...

Edited by seti88

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MJOLNIR is back!!!

Hide contents

I could literally hear all the gasps in the theater when cap was swinging mjolnir and beating thanos with it!!

Hide contents

Worth it to wait for cap to call... avengers assemble! EPIC!

Yes, this was unexpected and totally epic lol

No intermission. But I made through the 3 hours. You only have to make sure you don't drink fluids 1.5 hrs before and just pee at least 2x in that time frame.

...And you also have the option of adult diapers lol

Are there 2 Captain Americas at the end?  There’s the aged one but what about the one in the timeline that was visited?  Is he still frozen or did he die?

There were so many cameos in this movie.  It would have been nice to see Vision and Maria Hill but what was shown was damn cool.

I stayed to the utter end, and there is no post-credit scene.  There is literally "a sound" they play for a few secs, but I'm going to have to google if it's a hint at something, but I can't come up with anything off the top of my head.  It's a distinct sound, it's obvious what it is, I just don't immediately associate it with any major Marvel character/event.  

The sound is (only a vague little spoiler)

A blacksmith hammering on an anvil 

::edit:: Ok, I just thought of something-----super hyper mega spoiler ahead, ruins the whole movie:

I'm thinking it's an homage/memoriam to Iron Man