2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Fourth movie will be called Avengers: Dis-Assembled.  Just like the comics.

2 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

Fourth movie will be called Avengers: Dis-Assembled.  Just like the comics.

Thing is they already did the dis-Assembled story, they just called it Civil War.

31 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Thing is they already did the dis-Assembled story, they just called it Civil War.

Civil war was Civil war.   The Avengers DisAssembled arc was when Scarlett Witch went insane and destroyed the team.   At least in the comics.  

12 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Civil war was Civil war.   The Avengers DisAssembled arc was when Scarlett Witch went insane and destroyed the team.   At least in the comics.  

Actually Civil War was Marvel's version of BvS, which why they copied that film I'll never understand. Only thing the Civil War movie took from the comic series was the name.

As for Dis-assembled I'll have to double check but it's been so long since I read it I believe your right.

8 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Actually Civil War was Marvel's version of BvS, which why they copied that film I'll never understand. Only thing the Civil War movie took from the comic series was the name.

As for Dis-assembled I'll have to double check but it's been so long since I read it I believe your right.

BvS.....MAAARRRTTHHHAAAA!!!

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I've seen a few of these videos and articles that talk about these pictures, and all the curiosity seems focused on the devices on their hands.  But personally, I'm more curious as to why 1) Tony Stark is wearing a SHIELD outfit, and 2) why Cap, Ant-Man, and Stark are covered in motion capture dots in addition to their costumes.  (1) in particular is a very odd thing to see.  If he's not an alternate universe Tony, then him wearing a SHIELD outfit could mean that the continued existence of SHIELD (which so far has only been a thing on the TV side) is *finally* being acknowledged on the movie side.  Might there also be an appearance by Phil Coulson?  Yeah, I know they have denied for years that the films will ever reflect things going on in TV land, but there's a part of me that likes to think that finally having TV MCU spill over into movie MCU after years of denials would be one of the biggest misdirections of all time, even topping the fake scenes from the trailers.

While I like Steve Rogers/Chris Evans and all his Captain America movies, I'll be more sad if Thor/Chris Hemsworth is killed off. I wanna see more Thor :D And I'd also like to see an actual Black Widow movie.

4 hours ago, hachi said:

While I like Steve Rogers/Chris Evans and all his Captain America movies, I'll be more sad if Thor/Chris Hemsworth is killed off. I wanna see more Thor :D And I'd also like to see an actual Black Widow movie.

I could see the writers saying that Thor decides to retire from the Avengers in order help his people recover from the brink of extinction.  The big three are clearly moving on, and it makes a lot of sense to have Tony Stark or Steve Rogers go out in a blaze of glory.  Killing off all three would be a bit contrived IMO, and there's a very logical and reasonable in-story reason why Thor would not appear in future MCU films.  At the same time, it leaves the door open for him to play some role in future movies, perhaps a brief cameo or a small supporting role (the GotG need stop and refuel during one of their adventures, and it happens to be on New Asgard).

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 9:49 AM, SuperSenpai said:

I could see the writers saying that Thor decides to retire from the Avengers in order help his people recover from the brink of extinction.

Cut his arm off in the next film and have him go off to become King Thor.  He'll still be available.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:30 PM, seti88 said:

Did I read the article correctly that this would be the beginning of the end for the current heroes of the MCU? 

Mostly for phase 1's OG characters like iron man, capt A, etc. Phase 2 will focus on black panther, dr strange, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, kalvasflam said:

yep, gotta admit, for the MCU, the Capt America series was actually the best of the individual ones, certainly better than Thor, and I'd argue better overall than Ironman.  Although Thor's last outing redeemed the series.

I guess it did by making it in-line like GotG. For me, Ragnarok didn't had any major repercussion to be concerned about. After watching it, I didn't care about any of the characters anymore. Though I have to admit it was a 'fun' movie. But that's it for me. ^_^ 

And true that Captain America story was way better than Iron Man's.

Edited by no3Ljm

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I guess it did by making it in-line like GotG. For me, Ragnarok didn't had any major repercussion to be concerned about. After watching it, I didn't care about any of the characters anymore. Though I have to admit it was a 'fun' movie. But that's it for me. ^_^ 

And true that Captain America story was way better than Iron Man's.

Thor movies were mostly carried by Loki, and Loki still did a lot of that in the third one.  The other characters stepped up.  It certainly didn't hurt to exclude or limit other characeters, no more Padme Amidala saying: "you're breaking my heart"  was a huge improvement. The Jane Foster character was just not that good.  At best, she was a vehicle for getting Thor back on Earth.   I liked the fact that they knocked off the annoying parts of the Asgardians: Warriors 3, and thank goodness Sif was a noshow.

I agree though, not as much in the way of repercussions, but it still did advance the overall MCU plotline a little by bringing the Hulk back into the mix.

Edited by kalvasflam

16 hours ago, Big s said:

The last Thor film was my favorite out of the series, but I like captain America the best as a character in the films.

If you mean that Ragnarok was the best of the Thor movies, I’d have to agree. It was pretty solid, better than Black Panther in my opinion. 

I’ll also be sad to see Captain America leave, as he’s probably my favorite character as well. I think his first movie and the first Iron Man might be my favorite MCU films, partly because I really enjoy origin stories. 

Thor Ragnarok was the first movie in a long time that I really enjoyed watching, wish I'd gone to see it in the theater. The Winter Soldier probably stands out as my all time favorite MCU film.  It's just that good.  Iron Man is a close second.  Also enjoyed the first Thor pretty darn well. I love Tom Hiddleston as Loki, we need more Loki. 

• 3 weeks later...