• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing however Scott managed to get out of the quantum realm after the end of Ant-Man 2 will be a pretty important plot point for this film. I'm excited, only a handful of characters in that trailer, as it should be, and it worked. Also, I love seeing Clint go Ronin since he had to leave Hawkeye behind :).

• azrael changed the title to Avengers: Endgame, in theaters ~May 3, 2019

The trailer was very nice in that it showed not  too much in terms of anything that could be considered real spoilers.  I think one thing Disney might want to consider is basically doing no more trailers after this first one.  Unlike the other movies, this Avenger is in the very unique position of not having to build up anticipation.  This little bit is enough, after all, everyone knows that Tony gets out of that capsule, and Renner coming back is not a surprise, only the circumstances would be interesting.

They need to really build this up by doing nothing and get the fan base really whipped up that way and see if they can pass up the $2.5B mark.  :good:

Edited by kalvasflam

Kinda funny as I watched Wasp and Ant-Man with the missus last night just prior to watching the Endgame trailer.  It's a bit of a spoiler, as is this vid, but I'm not surprised, I mean, this is Marvel Comics, where death / rebirth are just a retcon away.

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love me some Ant-Man, I'm glad he's got a bigger role here, and with his quantum realm entanglements, he's probably quite important. As many people place those two films as middle ground MCU territory, they're easily two of my all time favorite MCU films, but then again, I love Paul Rudd, and I've been reading Ant-Man since 1995.

Regarding the "How it should have ended" vid, I so wish the MCU would have at least featured one or tow cameos from the Netflix show.  Up until the vid starts showing non-Marvel characters, I would have totally gone for.  To me it's a perfect opening to start including other characters beyond those that have been in the core MCU, such as the X-Men and Fantastic 3.  I know it won't happen, but really wish it did.  Onto Phase 4 then...

Oh, yeah, I hate to see Donnie sad too. 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:35 PM, kajnrig said:

Is that a shout-out to something? A recent/particular story arc in the comics/cartoons? (I can't imagine it'd be from the latter, that's for kids...)

Dude, it’s a shout out to the end out of Infinity War when 50% of the Galaxies population disappears.  They’re implying the other three turtles and Splinter all dissappeared too.

40 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Dude, it’s a shout out to the end out of Infinity War when 50% of the Galaxies population disappears.  They’re implying the other three turtles and Splinter all dissappeared too.

Yeah, I just figured it must've been something a bit more... topical. There was that one arc in the comics a while back with Donnie dying by way of splitting his shell open. I thought maybe there was a reboot or so and something similar happened, only to the other three + Splinter this time around.

• 5 weeks later...

It's a thirty second spot, not a full trailer. For what it was, there was a lot more energy building up in this than in the first trailer.

We also got glimpses of the world after the Snap, from ships clustered around Ellis Island which I imagine are abandoned ships, and cars just left in the stadium lot where their owners left them. And Steve was looking pissed! Looked like some kind of help group. Also a nice shot of Stark and Nebula working up a storm on the Milano.

Can't wait for the next trailer!

• 3 weeks later...