Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

That D looks goddamn amazing! $2000 is too rich for my blood, sadly. 

I wonder if the saucer rim windows (like ten-forward) actually light up? Most models I've seen don't due to size. 

Now a refit original Enterprise and I might actually shell out two grand for. 

Don't they know every TNG fan, the first thing they look for, is Ten-Forward?  After the bridge, it was where most dialogue occurred...

Anways---they do get big points for the proper copper-bronze colors, when powered-down.  (Not that you ever saw it much, but that is correct) 

17 hours ago, Mommar said:

What are you referring to?

Eaglemoss was going to do a piece by piece subscription for a large scale E-D like how they do for their large cars like the Deloreon ect. It has been “postponed” probably due to the negative feed-back they received over how bad it looks.

https://www.thetrekcollective.com/2019/02/eaglemoss-build-uss-enterprise-d-part.html

IIRC, we discussed it a few pages ago. There may be more info there.

Chris

Yup, page 3 about a 3rd of the way down ;)

Me, David and others describe the flaws. Apparently the total cost would’ve been around $1100. This chronical one looks MUCH better for a little bit more.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Can't afford it and don't have the space, but it looks fantastic.

The model really captures that organic design flow that a Galaxy class has. But for me there is one big oversight, at 2k I would like to have saucer separation included.

It is a pity that 30+ years onwards fans still have to deal with essentially re-issued age-old AMT/ERTL model kits as affordable solutions.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

It is a pity that 30+ years onwards fans still have to deal with essentially re-issued age-old AMT/ERTL model kits as affordable solutions.

Depends on what you consider affordable...  

6305585554_df30231321_b.jpg

The Aoshima retailed for less than $200.

6305606452_99d13e98a7_b.jpg

6305062025_434ef81f34_b.jpg

It's still my favorite...

6305063987_2259ebd08d_b.jpg

...and it separates, of course.  :good:

aoshima_star_trek_uss_enterprise_ncc_170

If I had known about it at the time, I would have grabbed that in an instant.  The Diamond Select versions aren't terrible, but the quality and paintwork can be really iffy.  They're a big step up from the old Playmates version, but I'd still call them "toys."

On 7/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, Mommar said:

Not Eaglemoss but if somebody has two grand burning a hole in their pocket this thing will probably look impressive on your shelf.  24" long, 19" wide.
https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/12/star-trek-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-d-scaled-replica-by-chronicle-collectibles-351745

I wonder how this compares to the Masterpiece Replica's brass 1:1000 Enterprise D.

For one that model is stated to be 27" long and 20.5" wide.  Any idea which model is scaled more accurately?

Here are 3 links I found for the Masterpiece Replica's brass 1:1000 Enterprise D.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222128386121

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-Antiques-Collectibles/Entertainment-Memorabilia/Masterpiece-Replicas-LE-BRASS-1-1000th-Scale-Star-Trek-The-Next-Generation-U-S-S-Enterprise-Model/lotInformation/29138195

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/masterpiece-replicas-limited-edition-1857916560

And some images.

Carl

MaritimeEnterprise.jpg

masterpiece-replicas-limited-edition_1_35ff47d51ceedbe51cfeecaa95a7fedb.jpg

On 7/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, Mommar said:

Not Eaglemoss but if somebody has two grand burning a hole in their pocket this thing will probably look impressive on your shelf.  24" long, 19" wide.
https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/12/star-trek-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-d-scaled-replica-by-chronicle-collectibles-351745

Chronicle-Enterprise-D-013.jpg

Chronicle-Enterprise-D-017.jpg

Chronicle-Enterprise-D-019.jpg

Chronicle-Enterprise-D-020.jpg

I want this so bad. I'm seriously considering the payment plan.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

6305585554_df30231321_b.jpg

6305606452_99d13e98a7_b.jpg

6305062025_434ef81f34_b.jpg

It's still my favorite...

6305063987_2259ebd08d_b.jpg

...and it separates, of course.  :good:

aoshima_star_trek_uss_enterprise_ncc_170

I wish i was collecting when this was released. I've had my eyes open for some time trying to catch this at online used stores. I've never seen it come up. I wish aoshima would re-release it.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I wish i was collecting when this was released. I've had my eyes open for some time trying to catch this at online used stores. I've never seen it come up. I wish aoshima would re-release it.

When did the Aoshima come out?

I remember QMX had some Enterprise models but they also were expensive and they don't seem to make them anymore. I know they made the first two movie versions. And perhaps a Next Generation model. I can't be sure as I know I saw a D model fairly recently in the last few years at Comic Con.

22 hours ago, tekering said:

Fear not my friend, I have that one too. A Japanese company tackling a scaled replica of my favourite starship, no chance I would miss that. :)

It is practically gold-standard to me. The only nitpick I have is the battery compartment placement under the saucer, I think that could have been done better.

Damn, am I tempted....I keep looking at it!

Though, part of me wants to wait and see if the do one of the other Enterprises that I like more than the D.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I think I'd rather have a high quality replica of the Ent-E, honestly.  I spent so many years building a replica of that one for Bridge Commander, that design is very close to my heart. ^_^ 

Unfortunately, the Diamond Select/Art Asylum versions of that particular ship are.. ehhhhh...  very average.  They look good at a distance, but I've grown familiar enough with the design to know exactly how many corners they cut on the detailing.

Edited by Chronocidal

41 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think I'd rather have a high quality replica of the Ent-E, honestly....

Same.

The E-E and the Refit/A are my favorites and hope they are made. That’s what I’m hoping for.

Cjris

On 7/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, Kanedas Bike said:

^ That's gorgeous, but $2000 - ouuuuuccchhh. 

I read that there are payment plans available so that makes it more accessible, maybe if they were to release an Enterprise E I'd be more tempted.

-b.

20 hours ago, Sandman said:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I think I'd rather have a high quality replica of the Ent-E, honestly.  I spent so many years building a replica of that one for Bridge Commander, that design is very close to my heart. ^_^ 

Unfortunately, the Diamond Select/Art Asylum versions of that particular ship are.. ehhhhh...  very average.  They look good at a distance, but I've grown familiar enough with the design to know exactly how many corners they cut on the detailing.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Same.

The E-E and the Refit/A are my favorites and hope they are made. That’s what I’m hoping for.

Cjris

Enterprise E for the win! :D

That said, I've also been looking off and on for the Aoshima Enterprise D, those are even harder to find that the Aliens Cheyenne Dropship that they did around the same time period.

I'd also go for a refit A just because of how iconic the design is, but my heart is with the E.

While I'm very happy to see Eaglemoss producing so many Trek ships, it's too bad that they aren't the "gold" standard. 

-b.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:32 PM, Dobber said:

Eaglemoss was going to do a piece by piece subscription for a large scale E-D like how they do for their large cars like the Deloreon ect. It has been “postponed” probably due to the negative feed-back they received over how bad it looks.

Good, because it looked terrible.  I think the ERTL 4in diecast one all those years ago had a better shape.  Regardless of the actual lighting and DETAILS, just the raw shape of the ship was off, which is inexcusable.   "Don't post direct side-by-side studio-model and screen-shots for comparison in your ads, when it's not very favorable to your product"

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

My question for all of you E fans, which version of it?

Are you referring to the slight modifications made between movies, when they switched from physical to CG model, and then changed effects houses? If you're referring to games or books or other non-canon sources, then nuts to that.

I'd want one based on the physical studio model. I have the Bandai version but I think that's based on the Insurrection version.

8 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Are you referring to the slight modifications made between movies, when they switched from physical to CG model, and then changed effects houses? If you're referring to games or books or other non-canon sources, then nuts to that.

I'd want one based on the physical studio model. I have the Bandai version but I think that's based on the Insurrection version.

Eh, they intentionally altered the E, it wasn't "just because of the impossibility of making a perfectly correct CG from a real model".  The nacelles were moved up and forward.  In-universe, the only explanation would be that it got new pylons for some reason, that are slightly different, after the Borg battle.   And considering how "built-in" the pylons are on the Sovereign, that seems like a heck of a lot of drydock-work for little/no reason.  (that we know of---MAYBE it alters the warp field characteristics of the Sovereign class a worthwhile amount?) 

(The addition of the little saucer-fillets makes NO sense however--that almost seems like it was done to kill the saucer-separation feature, even though it'd been designed in from the start---it's like they decided "well, we haven't done it yet, so let's make it impossible by fusing the area together and retcon that it never could") 

Adding a few little extra phaser strips and torp launchers, are minor, practical, and expected mods done during wartime.  But completely replacing the pylons with nigh-identical ones? 

As long as CC or whoever brings us a super-detailed, illuminated replica of the E, I don't care which version since they're all similar enough. I'll be satisfied with any of them.

First Contact is the only one that used the physical model and has the distinction of being the only Next Gen movie that didn't suck. :p

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

My question for all of you E fans, which version of it?

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Eh, they intentionally altered the E, it wasn't "just because of the impossibility of making a perfectly correct CG from a real model".  The nacelles were moved up and forward.  In-universe, the only explanation would be that it got new pylons for some reason, that are slightly different, after the Borg battle.   And considering how "built-in" the pylons are on the Sovereign, that seems like a heck of a lot of drydock-work for little/no reason.  (that we know of---MAYBE it alters the warp field characteristics of the Sovereign class a worthwhile amount?) 

(The addition of the little saucer-fillets makes NO sense however--that almost seems like it was done to kill the saucer-separation feature, even though it'd been designed in from the start---it's like they decided "well, we haven't done it yet, so let's make it impossible by fusing the area together and retcon that it never could") 

Adding a few little extra phaser strips and torp launchers, are minor, practical, and expected mods done during wartime.  But completely replacing the pylons with nigh-identical ones? 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I'm referring to the differences between First Contact/Insurrection and Nemesis.  I personally prefer the higher slung Nacelles from Nemesis.

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

As long as CC or whoever brings us a super-detailed, illuminated replica of the E, I don't care which version since they're all similar enough. I'll be satisfied with any of them.

First Contact is the only one that used the physical model and has the distinction of being the only Next Gen movie that didn't suck. :p

Uh...embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that there were any differences beyond cosmetic.

That said, I'm going to have to go with @Loliconon tihis, I'd be happy to either version. If there were some compelling side-by-side comparisons then I reserve the right to change my mind. :p

-b.

52 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Uh...embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that there were any differences beyond cosmetic.

That said, I'm going to have to go with @Loliconon tihis, I'd be happy to either version. If there were some compelling side-by-side comparisons then I reserve the right to change my mind. :p

-b.

If you watched all three movies and didn't notice any substantial changes to the ship, then you're not going to care which version this hypothetical E replica is based on.