Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta say the lack of scale consistency with the Eaglemoss Galactica fighters is annoying.  Mainly just that the mk II is too big compared to the other 2 I have (modern Cylon raider and mk VII viper).  I'm guessing TOS viper is too big also.  I'm sure TOS raider will be too small, but its really a big craft.  Also the Galacticas and Pegasus would have been nice to keep in scale.  They're very nice regardless.

Edited by easnoddy

5 hours ago, easnoddy said:

I gotta say the lack of scale consistency with the Eaglemoss Galactica fighters is annoying.  Mainly just that the mk II is too big compared to the other 2 I have (modern Cylon raider and mk VII viper).  I'm guessing TOS viper is too big also.  I'm sure TOS raider will be too small, but its really a big craft.  Also the Galacticas and Pegasus would have been nice to keep in scale.  They're very nice regardless.

Unfortunately with Eaglemoss, their message is loud and clear:  If you want scale consistency, build a model kit.

It would be no big deal for them to keep similar sized craft in scale to each other; but alas, their shtick is box scale, and they are fairly inconsistent at that too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to applying the eBay decal to my Aventine, thus fixing the biggest flaw this model has. Decal went on flawlessly. 

CEA7F508-9B2D-44CD-872F-EB79C23A36D0.jpeg

7 hours ago, Sildani said:

Finally got around to applying the eBay decal to my Aventine, thus fixing the biggest flaw this model has. Decal went on flawlessly. 

CEA7F508-9B2D-44CD-872F-EB79C23A36D0.jpeg

That is a good looking fix even if I can't get into this design.  On the other hand I pre-ordered that goofy-ass looking prototype Excelsior so what the hell do I know?

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

The giant intergalactic windsock is on its way...

I find myself oddly interested in this thing... the light-up gimmick certainly helps.

I’m in the same boat.  It’s a painted wind sock but the light gives it that ominous look it needs.

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I kindaaaa wanted the VGER one. Basically just because in the movie you never reeeally get an idea of what the ship actually looks like as a whole, at least I don't remember it if it did.

Nope. Lots of close-ups, no full silhouette shot. 

3 minutes ago, JB0 said:

Nope. Lots of close-ups, no full silhouette shot. 

Don't you get to fight VGER (or something Borg that looks like it) in STO?

7 hours ago, TehPW said:

Probably.

I blew up a bunch of V'gers in the Vectrex Star Trek game, but they didn't look much like the one in the movie.

9 hours ago, TehPW said:

Had to look it up the eaglemoss model.

Yeah it looks almost exactly like the borg sector ship in STO. It's the boss at the end of the red alert mission.

I have the V’Ger model the only oddball item in my collection. It’s very nicely done with a ton of surface detail.

I may get the Planet killer too now.

In other news, here is the first look at the upcoming Blood and Chrome/Razor Raider. Looks awesome!

133C5438-8492-4611-BB6B-F96116F74D39.thumb.jpeg.ad6a3023c7022535a9948db9f2c7c2de.jpeg

It’s funny how EM keeps putting the Excelsior concepts upside down. Honestly, I kind of like this one....the first one not so much but there is something about this one I like.

Chris

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm going to be brutally honest here for a second:

DAMN that's one of the ugliest ships I've ever seen, Star Trek or otherwise.

The basis for the design of the Excelsior was originally the MacQuarrie Enterprise.  It was even originally in space dock for early concept art for Star Trek 3.  You can see the lineage in several of these prototype versions.

So for those of you that own the XL versions or the Battlestar Galatica Vipers (any of them) are these worth the asking price?

Everything I see gives the impression of very mixed reviews so I never pull the trigger on buying anything Eaglemoss. 

-b.

Eaglemoss is like buying that box of generic chocolates after Valentines Day on discount at the store...you know you're going to like moooost of them and most will be pretty good, but there's always those 2 or 3 out of the box that are just horrible...:rolleyes:

I can't speak to the XL line at all though. Just the small ships. If they do an XL Runabout though, I may have to cave in. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

The basis for the design of the Excelsior was originally the MacQuarrie Enterprise.  It was even originally in space dock for early concept art for Star Trek 3.  You can see the lineage in several of these prototype versions.

Not an early concept for STIII, it’s in the actual movie! 

17F132D2-05E8-427C-846F-09D734E3A08A.jpeg.579aaf98dd4baf0bcfd42e5bb367ae88.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So for those of you that own the XL versions or the Battlestar Galatica Vipers (any of them) are these worth the asking price?

Everything I see gives the impression of very mixed reviews so I never pull the trigger on buying anything Eaglemoss. 

-b.

I’ve been pleased with the Vipers. The MkI and II are pretty much in scale with each other while the VII is a little smaller.

4786232A-9D89-4D7E-8955-A186AD8EBBDB.thumb.jpeg.4d776496429d50ac94954569a97bc645.jpeg

42ABCCEA-0F51-40E9-B6FD-1D3BD3B10EF0.thumb.jpeg.c45780a97f40edba07fe87549956ebfc.jpeg

DCBCF14A-8776-4221-9F5A-2ADE6A754A63.thumb.jpeg.e82f7776056f79aa4bbf464bb52e5a10.jpeg

Chris

Edited by Dobber

26 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I can't speak to the XL line at all though. Just the small ships. If they do an XL Runabout though, I may have to cave in. 

Good news for you, they are making an XL Runabout. ^_^

https://www.herocollector.com/en-gb/Article/first-look-star-trek-starships-runabout-xl

72A53FC9-286A-4B2A-A419-EAEE2057E6F8.thumb.jpeg.dc20f975808e679869ab669eab0c64c1.jpeg

C479AE3E-8499-4A21-AB4B-C3E3FDF43284.thumb.jpeg.11b86a2ef333ab6401685789b7cc13cc.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dobber said:

I’ve been pleased with the Vipers. The MkI and II are pretty much in scale with each other while the VII is a little smaller. 

*snip*

Chris

Sweet! Thank you, kind of a bummer that the Mark VII isn't exactly in scale, but it sill looks pretty sweet.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Eaglemoss is like buying that box of generic chocolates after Valentines Day on discount at the store...you know you're going to like moooost of them and most will be pretty good, but there's always those 2 or 3 out of the box that are just horrible...:rolleyes:

Ha! That analogy fits with most of what I've read.

And what was that about an XL Runabout? lol

-b.

The Mk 2 viper is nice and heavy but kinda lacking in details. The Mk 7 is honestly a better display piece though. I don't have the TOS viper, cannot find it ANYWHERE. I got the other 2 for about $45 each, totally worth that price.

Galactica and Pegasus 2004 are awesome and totally worth the price. Galactica 1979 not so much IMO.

The 2004 raider is really nice. 

6 hours ago, easnoddy said:

The Mk 2 viper is nice and heavy but kinda lacking in details. The Mk 7 is honestly a better display piece though. I don't have the TOS viper, cannot find it ANYWHERE. I got the other 2 for about $45 each, totally worth that price.

Galactica and Pegasus 2004 are awesome and totally worth the price. Galactica 1979 not so much IMO.

The 2004 raider is really nice. 

The TOS Viper is available in the EM store right now. ;)

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/usa/battlestar-galactica/viper-mk-i-tos

Chris