Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

12 hours ago, Dobber said:

@tekering, is that the Zvezda Star Destroyer?

Indeed it is.  It requires assembly, paint, and at least a hundred separate strands of fiber-optics laid...

...but I'm a little overwhelmed with commissions that need to be completed first.  :(

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

What do you do for dust control in your toy room?

Close the doors, seal the windows, and keep the humans out.  :diablo:

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2019 at 10:39 PM, Mommar said:

Not Eaglemoss but if somebody has two grand burning a hole in their pocket this thing will probably look impressive on your shelf.  24" long, 19" wide.
https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/12/star-trek-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-d-scaled-replica-by-chronicle-collectibles-351745

Did anyone here order the Chronicle Collectibles Enterprise-D?  I did back when they reduced the price to $1701.

https://chroniclecollectibles.com/products/enterprise-d

I've been making monthly payments to a Partial.ly Payment Plan since. The 13th of 16 payments was just pulled successfully back on 9/11/2020.  And yesterday I got an email from noreply@partial.ly that simply stated:

Hello Carl!,

Your payment plan with Chronicle, LLC has been canceled.

I immediately called Chronicle Collectibles and left a voice mail.  I also emailed them.  So far no reply.  Today I emailed Partial.ly.  No idea what is going on at the moment.  Did they cancel their Enterprise-D?  If so I cannot find anything that announces that.  There have been zero issue with the 13 payments to date so not sure if its just my payment plan that was cancelled or everyone's.  If the project was cancelled, I've seen no mention of how I get the funds back that have already been collected.

Anyone here know anything?

Thanks,

Carl

1 hour ago, wwwmwww said:

Did anyone here order the Chronicle Collectibles Enterprise-D?  I did back when they reduced the price to $1701.

I've been making monthly payments to a Partial.ly Payment Plan since. The 13th of 16 payments was just pulled successfully back on 9/11/2020.  And yesterday I got an email from noreply@partial.ly that simply stated:

I immediately called Chronicle Collectibles and left a voice mail.  I also emailed them.  So far no reply.  Today I emailed Partial.ly.  No idea what is going on at the moment.  Did they cancel their Enterprise-D?  If so I cannot find anything that announces that.  There have been zero issue with the 13 payments to date so not sure if its just my payment plan that was cancelled or everyone's.  If the project was cancelled, I've seen no mention of how I get the funds back that have already been collected.

Thanks,

Carl

I hope you paid with a credit card.

50 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I hope you paid with a credit card.

I did.  But I'm not in panic mode yet.  Chronicle Collectibles I don't believe is in the business of screwing over their customers.  I'm rather sure this will get sorted out.  It is just right now I have no idea what is going on.  I'm guessing the entire project was cancelled but if so I'd expect some sort of announcement.   

3 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

I did.  But I'm not in panic mode yet.  Chronicle Collectibles I don't believe is in the business of screwing over their customers.  I'm rather sure this will get sorted out.  It is just right now I have no idea what is going on.  I'm guessing the entire project was cancelled but if so I'd expect some sort of announcement.   

Hope that it works out. Ideally by way of you receiving what you've been paying for, but if not a hassle free refund.

-b.

41 minutes ago, connor99 said:

Can’t believe this went under the radar for me but nevertheless, it’s gonna make for a great addition to my collection.

1081C4FA-4004-4DD8-ACD4-E99722A7A65A.png

Saw this last night. Between this and the Cylon Heavy Raider, I might take the plunge. I still want the BaseStar as well. 

On 9/26/2020 at 5:42 PM, wwwmwww said:

Looks like I was wrong... Chronicle Collectibles may very well be in the business of screwing over their customers.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171649&page=47

52 minutes ago, wwwmwww said:

Looks like I was wrong... Chronicle Collectibles may very well be in the business of screwing over their customers.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171649&page=47

So, after looking at that thread, it looks like Chronicle is quietly imploding.

Meanwhile an ex co-owner sued them, and apparently got a good portion of clients and licensors after the suit, and is about to start-up business making collectibles.

Sounds like a mess all around.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:12 PM, sqidd said:

I predict no one is getting a penny back unless it's through PP or a CC company.

I contacted my CC company and was informed I needed to contest each transaction separately.  From my login account I could only see 5 statements so could only see a fraction of the transactions I needed to context.  In my case there were a total of 14 transactions so I needed to follow a procedure of requesting they upload the older statements first.  I did that Tuesday and they have just now shown up.  However, even better news, just 20 minutes ago I got 14 emails from Partial.ly just like this one:

Hello Carl

Unfortunately, the merchant, Chronicle Collectibles, will be unable to fulfill your order.

A refund of ***.** was successfully processed to payment method MasterCard credit card ending in ****. Please allow 5-10 business days for the refund to clear your bank account.

If you had more payments on your plan, you will receive a notifcation for each payment refunded. You can also confirm all refunds in your Partial.ly customer account at partial.ly/login. Your refunds can be found under Other Payment Plans > Details > Refunds

Refunds can only be returned to the card that made the payment. However, if the card has since been canceled or expired, the refund will still return to the bank account associated with that card within 5-10 business days.

If you have any questions, please email support@partial.ly

So it looks like I'm getting 100% of my money back without even contesting via my credit card.  I hope this is true for those that didn't use PP or a CC as well.

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww
typo

2 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

I contacted my CC company and was informed I needed to contest each transaction separately.  From my login account I could only see 5 statements so could only see a fraction of the transactions I needed to context.  In my case there were a total of 14 transactions so I needed to follow a procedure of requesting they upload the older statements first.  I did that Tuesday and they have just now shown up.  However, even better news, just 20 minutes ago I got 14 emails from Partial.ly just like this one:

So it looks like I'm getting 100% of my money back without even contesting via my credit card.  I hope this is true for those that didn't use PP or a CC as well.

Carl

I'm shocked and pleased. When companies break up and go under they generally don't have any money.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, wwwmwww said:

Thanks,

Carl

Yeah i ordered one too and got the same email last week. I tried to emailed CC and the email bounced back 2 days later. Luckily today i got 13th payment individually refunded today. I didn't know what was going until coming to this thread today. 

I have mixed feelings about this. On one side i'm happy to have the money back and no obligation to get it anymore. The last month or so i was wondering where i was going to be able to display it. I literally have no more room even after selling a ton of stuff this year. On the other hand this was going to be an amazing display piece. It would have been my ultimate collectible. It's a shame this project won't come to fruition.  

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm shocked and pleased. When companies break up and go under they generally don't have any money.

I suspect this money isn't coming from Chronicle Collectibles.  Partial.ly was acting as a middle man via collecting these payments.  I suspect they have some insurance that covers situations like this.  So this is likely them distributing an insurance payout.  If people didn't get their money back people would likely be trying to sue them because suing Chronicle Collectibles wouldn't have likely been very fruitful.  At least that is what I think is happening here.

Carl

2 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

I suspect this money isn't coming from Chronicle Collectibles.  Partial.ly was acting as a middle man via collecting these payments.  I suspect they have some insurance that covers situations like this.  So this is likely them distributing an insurance payout.  If people didn't get their money back people would likely be trying to sue them because suing Chronicle Collectibles wouldn't have likely been very fruitful.  At least that is what I think is happening here.

Carl

Interesting. I didn't know that was a "thing". Seems like it's a good thing it's a "thing".

On 10/6/2020 at 1:11 PM, Sandman said:

Looking at my refund i realized i got screwed on currency exchange. Ended up losing $200 due to currency conversion. Grrrr.

Whoa that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Just now hearing about CC going under. Glad people were at least able to get a refund, despite getting shafted on the conversion.

You can always set up Mandarake alerts for the Aoshima Enterprise that pops up from time to time.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1086479367&ref=list&keyword=aoshima enterprise

She's a fantastic display piece for the price.

• 1 month later...

Quick question:  Are the Eaglemoss Vipers in scale to each other, or sized to their respective boxes?

I just got the MKIII; it's an impressive piece with a satisfying size -- looks 1/32-ish -- but if I'm to buy the other models, I'd like to know how they compare to each other scale wise.

Tnx

12 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Quick question:  Are the Eaglemoss Vipers in scale to each other, or sized to their respective boxes?

I just got the MKIII; it's an impressive piece with a satisfying size -- looks 1/32-ish -- but if I'm to buy the other models, I'd like to know how they compare to each other scale wise.

Tnx

IIRC, the Mk1, 2, 3, and Blackbird are in scale with each other. 1/33 I think.  The 7 is a bit small as is the Raptor.

Edit: Yup I remembered correctly 

https://www.wixiban.com/toys/eaglemoss-bsg.htm

Chris

Edited by Dobber

^ Thanks Dobber.  So, most of them, including the Raiders (2004), are 1/33, with the MKII being slightly over-sized at 1/31, the MKVII a bit too small at 1/36, and the Raptors a tad worse at 1/37... those are margins of discrepancy I can live with, which opens a whole new can of money siphoning worms.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Eaglemoss is doing a subscription kit for the enterprise D.

$4.95 for the first 2 issues.

$15.35 for the rest of the issues (3-120, incl shipping). 4/Month release (~2.5 years)

$1816.25 total cost.

https://en-us.eaglemoss.com/hero-collector/star-trek/uss-enterprise-buildup

listed at 27inches long, so larger than the chronicles one was supposed to be.

Edited by Sanity is Optional