Eaglemoss Star Trek Starship, BSG & other starships Collection

Sandman

My days of buying whatever I wanted whenever I want are long gone, (single life...VS married life LOL).  I use to just buy 3 or 4 at a time if I liked the look of the ships. Now I have to cherry pick what I really want when I can afford it.  Macross stuff usually takes priority over the Eaglemoss stuff and I do get put off Eaglemoss for a while when they have craptastic QC problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm the only one who actually thinks it's cool. But as much as I want a larger one, I'm waaaaaay to scared of EM's track record of bad QC, especially with those delicate nacelles. It may sway me if they detailed the XL better, not just enlarge the small one. We'll see I guess. Not like they will be hard to find...;)

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably the ugliest ship in the entire expanded Star Trek universe, and they made it one of the Enterprises.

:bad:

Do the FASA designs count as the expanded universe?  If so then it isn't even in the top (how many designs did FASA do?)

2 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Do the FASA designs count as the expanded universe?  If so then it isn't even in the top (how many designs did FASA do?)

at least 6 to 8 that I recall (depending on if you are using TOS or TMP stats) at least... I doubt it if anything not directly controlled by paramount/CBS counts (have they done any of the GR-decreed Non-cannon designs like the Saladin-class?)

Edited by TehPW

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I guess I'm the only one who actually thinks it's cool. But as much as I want a larger one, I'm waaaaaay to scared of EM's track record of bad QC, especially with those delicate nacelles. It may sway me if they detailed the XL better, not just enlarge the small one. We'll see I guess. Not like they will be hard to find...;)

At a larger scale they’re far less likely to be breakable.  So there’s that.

The LED's? Easy, if you're good at soldering in mid-air..LOL. Hind sight being 20/20 I should have measured it all out and wired them all together on a desk.  Would have been much easier, but I was impatient and wanted it done. Buy a roll of the LED's and cut them into different lengths and practice a few times first making jumpers, you can buy solderless interconnects but those weren't going to look as clean as I wanted it to look. If you haven't done any soldering though, that might be the way to go. 

I went back and spaced all of the ships across the whole thing so each one gets more space.  But now I know where I can nip and tuck in places when I inevitably buy more things than I have the room for.

BBCDF549-C67E-4300-8881-94727BD46D68.thumb.jpeg.b8e75458c1599286527768434126e618.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

Bad thing about having these at work, one of my employees came in and starting touching things. Next thing I know 3 have fallen off their stands and hit the ground. OF COURSE it was the very delicate Enterprise J....Yeh that nacelle broke right off.  Another was the Nebula class that the radar dome thing and one nacelle popped off. Easy fix on that one, little glue and all is well. He's already ordered me a new Ent. J.  I need to make a KEEP AWAY sign apparently!  Some of them are very unstable on their stands and very nose heavy. Still..KEEP AWAY FROM MY STUFF ASSHAT! :angry: Freakin millennials! :rolleyes:

Edited by derex3592

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Bad thing about having these at work, one of my employees came in and starting touching things.

:blink: Of all personal things to have at a workplace, why have something breakable???

50 minutes ago, azrael said:

:blink: Of all personal things to have at a workplace, why have something breakable???

Simple, I spend far more time in my office than in the back room of my house where these were just sitting and getting dusty...This way I get to display them where I can see them every day. I have lots of models and toys around my office. Never had a problem before this incident.