How do the Bandai 1/65 scale valkyries compare?

Shizuka the Cat

I'd go one step further and say they're more like happy meal toys by comparison, but this varies across the releases.

I can't say one way or another about the VF-19 variants, since they have always looked far too simple and misshapen for my tastes, but the VF-17 toys have a reputation for being rock solid, and a very nice representation of the vehicle.  Some folks actually prefer them to the Yamato 1/60 version in some ways, if I recall.

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2018 at 7:50 PM, jenius said:

They don't compare at all... They're basically children's toys.

Definitely true. From the top the Fire/Blazer Valkyries look shortened with the LERX's pushed up. The toys are easy to transform and very sturdy. They are just very toyetic, especially compared to the last transformable Valkyrie toys Bandai had released prior(1/55 DYRL, 1/72 HCM, 1990 VF-1S Super reissue).

Overall they can be fun but might look like the most toyetic Macross toys in your collection. The VF-17 is very fun if modded to enable the knees to bend back.