Do I know Anyone in Fort Walton Beach Florida?

Return To Kit Form

I live in Florida but on the opposite corner of the state: Miami. Although unable to drive up North, I'm glad to extend a local Good Day To You as well, and to wish you to have a great time over here. !!!. Any plans of visiting the Air Force Armament Museum ?. It's on the outskirts of the town and entrance is free.

On 18/04/2018 at 10:19 PM, Return To Kit Form said:

Thanks ivorysniper! I'll keep that in mind for our weekends off.

I have been pretty lucky to have been chosen for the F35 team to bring the new jet into RAAF service :D

- Brett

-  Brett

You lucky dog!  You a RAAF person yourself?  I was very close to doing a stint as an Avionics Tech a few years back.  Had some life changing events that meant I couldn't even make the entry training up in Wagga.  Disappointing but unavoidable.  That's life sometimes.

On 20/04/2018 at 8:57 AM, mickyg said:

You lucky dog!  You a RAAF person yourself?  I was very close to doing a stint as an Avionics Tech a few years back.  Had some life changing events that meant I couldn't even make the entry training up in Wagga.  Disappointing but unavoidable.  That's life sometimes.

Yep. Have been a maintainer for nearly 20 years (how time flies). Too bad about missing out. But if things change you can always give it another try s there is no age limit :D

- Brett

You guys changed to that rule too huh? As long as you can pass the entry fitness test, you're in, age regardless

When I applied (4 years ago now) the max age was mid-50's as I recall.  Maybe they've changed it?  The fitness requirements prior to training aren't too crazy but once you're in, that all gets ramped up a lot.  To the point where I think it'd be pretty easy to weed people out.  Though you'd have to question your desire to be in if you're not physically fit.

But yes, I'd love to have another crack at it some day.  I couldn't do it because my marriage ended a few months prior to enlisting and because I've got two beautiful kiddos, there's just no way I'd have been able to manage all the travel and training, whilst still having any sort of reasonable relationship with my kids.  When they're a bit older, maybe I'll rethink it.