Mospeada Moscato Pinky Crab 1/48 Model

EmilianoAlfaro

Hi guys, some time ago I started the assembly of Moscato's pinky crab. Really a great figure, i enjoy the armed, although the paint scheme was really a nightmare to mask and paint with the airbrush. To be able to leave it articulated i add 12 points of articulation using the set of ball joint of the company hobby base. The weekend I upload photos of higher quality, the guns are drying with their last layer of varnish, so I can upload photos of the finished model in the morning. I hope you like it! regards

IMG_20180407_112110.jpg

IMG_20180407_112034.jpg

IMG_20180407_111955.jpg

IMG_20180407_112152.jpg

IMG_20180407_112219.jpg

IMG_20180407_112240.jpg

IMG_20180407_112341.jpg

IMG_20180407_112401.jpg

IMG_20180407_112913.jpg

IMG_20180407_112952.jpg

IMG_20180407_115858.jpg

IMG_20180407_115951.jpg

IMG_20180407_120051.jpg

IMG_20180407_120100.jpg

IMG_20180407_120109.jpg

IMG_20180407_120140.jpg

Edited by EmilianoAlfaro

32 minutes ago, tekering said:

Nice, clean work... but did you want it to look glazed?

At first I gave it a semi gloss finish, but I liked it more as it looked with the shiny finish. I think a matte finish would be a mistake in this figure, glossy / Satin I think it's the best choice, equally it's always a matter of taste.

Edited by EmilianoAlfaro

Yes, but it's worth it in the end!  Thanks for the compliment, I went with static poses and no ball joints.  IF I had it to do over again, I might try ball joints.  I love the glossy look yours have, mine are glossy as well, it just fits them better than a flat finish IMHO.  I felt the purple ones were the hardest of the four kits, Blueberry and King Crab were the most fun and oddly the least frustrating. Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 12:55 PM, derex3592 said:

Yes, but it's worth it in the end!  Thanks for the compliment, I went with static poses and no ball joints.  IF I had it to do over again, I might try ball joints.  I love the glossy look yours have, mine are glossy as well, it just fits them better than a flat finish IMHO.  I felt the purple ones were the hardest of the four kits, Blueberry and King Crab were the most fun and oddly the least frustrating. Can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Odd, I would have thought the opposite: the Pinky being the easiest to build and the King being the most fiddly. Perhaps I'm confusing sculpting with building again.

Emiliano, dude, impressive work! Every time I see people build these kits up I well-up with happiness at saeeing all the great work you guys do. Without the builders, those kits would just be a pile of resin parts.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:30 AM, captain america said:

I would have thought the opposite: the Pinky being the easiest to build and the King being the most fiddly.

I'm having a lot more trouble with the King myself, if only because it's hard to source joints large enough to articulate the shoulders and thighs... but at least he stands easier than Pinky, who's proven to be really difficult to balance on those massive pincers of his.

I suspect Baby's gonna be most difficult to paint, given the size and the unique color.

1 hour ago, tekering said:

I'm having a lot more trouble with the King myself, if only because it's hard to source joints large enough to articulate the shoulders and thighs.

Because of the rather high weight and CG of the kit, I don't know that store-bought hobby joints are strong enough. With the 1/32 Legioss, I came up with a solution whereby the 3D-printed ball/sockets had a screw/nut clamping mechanism to provide greater friction. Something custom-made would probably be your best bet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 2:13 AM, varitechs said:

Can you tell us which paint model/number did you used for painting?

Hi, thanks for your words!. The pinky was painted with Humbrol enamel paints. Unfortunately there is no specific color in this line to paint this model, so the colors are from my own preparation, mixing purple, blue and other colors. These are not the definitive images because I modified the barrels a bit so they would be closer to the body. Soon I will upload more pictures along with the baby crab that I just finished. Regards!