Ok. So I caved and ordered what X-Men available at BBTS. At this point I’m not sure who to blame for me to go down this path — Mommar or sh9000? :lol:

Kidding aside, I konw I’m a little bit late in starting it so I’m lurking eBay for Rogue. I’m also reconsidering if I should get the Cyclops and Red Phoenix set. Also, is getting the purple hair Psylocke necessary? Is there any differences besides the hair? And what version would go nicely for the rest of the Blue Team? By the way, I ordered the latter release of Archangel so not sure if that would help with the overall look for the Blue Team since from what I understand from Mommar, he has a dull costume and metallic wings.

Thanks guys for influencing me! ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So I caved and ordered what X-Men available at BBTS. At this point I’m not sure who to blame for me to go down this path — Mommar or sh9000? :lol:

Kidding aside, I konw I’m a little bit late in starting it so I’m lurking eBay for Rogue. I’m also reconsidering if I should get the Cyclops and Red Phoenix set. Also, is getting the purple hair Psylocke necessary? Is there any differences besides the hair? And what version would go nicely for the rest of the Blue Team? By the way, I ordered the latter release of Archangel so not sure if that would help with the overall look for the Blue Team since from what I understand from Mommar, he has a dull costume and metallic wings.

No problem.  B))

If you’re looking for brown costume Wolverine for Blue Team, try to find it loose for cheap.  For using Tiger Stripe Wolverine instead, it should still be easy to find.  If I had my spare Rogue, I would have sold it to you but I returned it to TRU a long time ago way before it closed down.  Instead of classic Cyclops maybe go for the Jim Lee Cyclops.  For Psylocke, there are two versions and the one pictured on the right is easier to find.  As for the most recent Archangel, it should work fine for Gold Team.  Here are the three versions and the one in the middle was given metallic wings.

9A31D1DA-264E-4FA0-9C1D-856039DB6E98.jpeg.12c3570e984474c2b3db9dc0933ff655.jpeg

BF265C52-AEEA-4673-B502-1731919E4D22.thumb.jpeg.a885c61e3d176f35aedd3ad093f7bb5b.jpeg

4B102160-8A59-4C1F-8133-224B513A3BB7.thumb.jpeg.959b81bf9cebc9bfc7ba8877657a08ef.jpeg

F27A7432-5DD6-4F35-AFB0-09CE30D6D234.thumb.jpeg.d00d85c9ed03b8559b293d7f75a2f6d0.jpeg

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I’m going to give the edge to sh9000...

It’s too bad you didn’t get into this a few months earlier.  For some odd reason over the summer my local Walmarts went nuts stocking the previous X-Men releases and there were Cykes and Rogues all over the place.  I’ll poke my head in one I’m not as likely to stop by this week and see if they still have one of them  laying around.

I’ve never tracked down that black haired Psylocke.  FYI, the common figure here in the states is the purple version, and not the black.  I think the blue on her costume is better than the oddly purple-ish color of the costume on the purple hair one you’ll find in stores.

Unless you’re looking to recreate the earlier Claremont 70’s/80’s teams, or you’re just a fan of attractive figures, there’s no need to find the Cyke/Phoenix two-pack.  Though the light paint shading on the Cyke figure looks real good.

If you’re looking to complete the Gold team as well the latest release of Archangel is a must.  His costume wasn’t the shiny metallic of the earlier release figure in the 90’s comics.  That shiny metallic look is a more modern interpretation.

sh, where did you find the optic blast custom again?  Cyke does not come with a cool effect like that out of the box.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

No problem.  B))

If you’re looking for brown costume Wolverine for Blue Team, try to find it loose for cheap.  For using Tiger Stripe Wolverine instead, it should still be easy to find.  If I had my spare Rogue, I would have sold it to you but I returned it to TRU a long time ago way before it closed down.  Instead of classic Cyclops maybe go for the Jim Lee Cyclops.  For Psylocke, there are two versions and the one pictured on the right is easier to find.  As for the most recent Archangel, it should work fine for Gold Team.  Here are the three versions and the one in the middle was given metallic wings.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

I’m going to give the edge to sh9000...

It’s too bad you didn’t get into this a few months earlier.  For some odd reason over the summer my local Walmarts went nuts stocking the previous X-Men releases and there were Cykes and Rogues all over the place.  I’ll poke my head in one I’m not as likely to stop by this week and see if they still have one of them  laying around.

I’ve never tracked down that black haired Psylocke.  FYI, the common figure here in the states is the purple version, and not the black.  I think the blue on her costume is better than the oddly purple-ish color of the costume on the purple hair one you’ll find in stores.

Unless you’re looking to recreate the earlier Claremont 70’s/80’s teams, or you’re just a fan of attractive figures, there’s no need to find the Cyke/Phoenix two-pack.  Though the light paint shading on the Cyke figure looks real good.

If you’re looking to complete the Gold team as well the latest release of Archangel is a must.  His costume wasn’t the shiny metallic of the earlier release figure in the 90’s comics.  That shiny metallic look is a more modern interpretation.

sh, where did you find the optic blast custom again?  Cyke does not come with a cool effect like that out of the box.

Thanks guys! I know I'm really too late to join the club so I kind of paying more from what I've missed. Overnight, I caved and bid the cheapest Cyclops and Rogue I could find via eBay. So I think I'm covered now from what's available. Cyclops (Warlock BAF), Rouge (Juggernaut BAF), Archangel, Psylocke (Apocalypse BAF), Bishop (Sauron BAF), and Wolverine (Vintage Line). I'm not sure what Pylocke I would get from BBTS since you guys referring to that the one available here mostly in the US is the purple one? So I'm assuming I will get the purple one from BBTS? I was hoping it's the black haired one since I kinda like the blue costume than the purple one. Though I prefer the purple hair head. ^_^ And this is just from the photos I saw online for some comparisons. I'll probably wait first to see what I will receive from BBTS before deciding if I should get the other one.

Also, to be honest, I'm not too happy with Psylocke's face so I was browsing around old ML figures and see if I could replace it with something. And I stumbled into X-23's face from the Sauron BAF series. And I kinda like her face than the ones Psylocke currently have. I was wondering though if you guys have it and see if the flesh color matches for both heads and see what it's look like on Psylocke's body. And to see also if the face effect would also fit on it. Thanks in advance if you guys are kind enough to post pics of it.

And yes, I will also get the Gold Team. So for the upcoming releases, that will include Gambit, Beast (pic posted above by sh9000), Jubilee, and Professor X? Any news also for Jean Grey? As for a villain, I'll probably just get Magneto. Any news if there's going to be a new one based on Jim Lee's run?

Yeah, that custom optic blast looks cool. Love to get one in the future. :rolleyes:

Lastly, did anyone here tried on customizing one? I just want to know if anyone tried to remove the arm and if it's an easy process. Thanks again guys... for influencing me! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Yes.  Upcoming releases are Jubilee, Gambit, Beast, and Professor X.  They will most likely do an updated Storm, Jean Grey, Colossus, and Iceman in the future.  All in due time.  There’s a planned 3 pack with Magneto that will probably be the classic costume.  @Mommar and @no3Ljm the Cyclops optic blasts were bought from ebay a while back.

Here are pics of blue costume Psylocke.

27A26A46-1073-453B-9C3F-670C7F11249D.thumb.jpeg.4ee1f5ffc198e81acba9f64aa1af8d89.jpeg

With black hair.

5259C92D-7CBA-4095-9F7B-C6FCE675DA5B.thumb.jpeg.005e3469d7143730e976899863ec8d57.jpeg

With black hair and telepathic effect.

510B2AE7-4FE2-4A7B-B475-145D7F1557CF.thumb.jpeg.a897e9c05280cc21de76f5aa5f2a7023.jpeg

With purple hair.

C5B0CE2B-2D5E-42F8-8A5E-B891681D547D.thumb.jpeg.55060f0d98d1c554d85a5aead2cd52fa.jpeg

With purple hair and psychic knife.

CE5E1897-F60E-4F10-A225-18139874A1F4.thumb.jpeg.5c483710e93641f05b357b578e07b30f.jpeg

With purple hair, psychic knife, and telepathic effect.

6A18FC40-97D1-4C9F-9BA5-447184C2CF66.thumb.jpeg.f88f7d83df7fd893fa2b3e8502cfb6a7.jpeg

With purple hair and telepathic effect.

23A55309-33EC-4184-A008-7508DF521ED2.thumb.jpeg.1166968c1a0ff3b11beafb22a03b8624.jpeg

With the X-23 Laura head.  The peg hole is smaller so the head is just placed next to the neck with the larger peg bent backward.  The telepathic effect will not attach with her hair in the way.

1239195C-F004-496E-8BB8-449B2B33E24D.thumb.jpeg.0575b2b4cdbad5bafd485c22b5704648.jpeg

Laura’s face is a little darker than Psylocke’s.

CA146C79-65CF-4A8C-9430-24749EA8B531.thumb.jpeg.884600ff5753e14518cdf7ae52a255d4.jpeg

With the X-Force Psylocke head.

Edited by sh9000

AD46D8C9-06DD-40B3-9851-F8E1CA2C4F5E.jpeg.8f24b95e36d9732fa23f5162b7dfa763.jpeg

14B19CA8-64F8-45EE-88FB-69AEDFCCA012.thumb.jpeg.dad310ec156f91367246698e715e6837.jpeg

As a small detail, I gave one of my brown costume Wolverines an X belt so that I can have 2 versions leaving the vintage one as classic brown costume Wolverine.  I also have 2 versions of Tiger Stripe Wolverine along with 2 versions of Sabretooth.

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

AD46D8C9-06DD-40B3-9851-F8E1CA2C4F5E.jpeg.8f24b95e36d9732fa23f5162b7dfa763.jpeg

As a small detail, I gave one of my brown costume Wolverines an X belt so that I can have 2 versions leaving the vintage one as classic brown costume Wolverine.  I also have 2 versions of Tiger Stripe Wolverine along with 2 versions of Sabretooth.

What BAF series that left Wolvie comes from? Is it the Juggernaut one?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks guys! I'm thinking if it's worth it to get the Yellow Stripe figure just for the head. ;)

The yellow on the head is different from the orange on the other costume so you would have to paint it.  I quite honestly think it’s a worse head sculpt too.  The ears aren’t shaped right.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

The yellow on the head is different from the orange on the other costume so you would have to paint it.  I quite honestly think it’s a worse head sculpt too.  The ears aren’t shaped right.

I see. I'm just thinking that it's just nice to have an angry face version so it's why I'm kind of reconsidering to get it. I'll probably just wait until someone sells it loose on eBay. ;) 

I’m trying to avoid going down the Spider-Man rabbit hole by getting doubles of all of the Spider-Man variants and villians.  My main focus is still X-Men and mutants.

Got a Spiral and All New X-Men set earlier.

I’m just eyeing mostly the Spider-Man costumes that I like. And yes, I have to agree it’s a new rabbit hole for me.  I didn’t realize that I spent around 200 instantly just to get the X-Men figs. The only good thing though is that it’s still cheaper than Mezco and Hot Toys. ^_^ 

Dorksidetoys is advertising pre-orders for the next Black Panther wave and Spider-Man Kingpin BAF wave will go up December 1st.  Hopefully BBTS will get them soon afterward.  Dorkside seems to put their pre-orders up way early and then are the last one's to receive any of their shipments.