Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well I'm getting fuxored here.  A solitary Walgreens had three Mystique when it first came out and since then none of them have received anything new.  Not just Legends, Black Series exclusives either.  I just checked seven of them on my way home from work today and it's the same crap they've always had.  It's like the city has just completely checked out.

Edited by Mommar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect timing.  BBTS probably bought a lot of Emma Frosts from the Walgreens site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mommar said:

I just checked seven of them on my way home from work today

Seven Walgreens?  

All on your way home?  :huh:

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

16 Walgreens and not a single Dani Moonstar.

Sixteen?  :o

Has Walgreens bought out Starbucks, or something?  How the hell can they have so many locations?  :unknw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if Illyana's head would fit on that same Dani Moonstar figure.  Too bad whoever took those photos used the wrong sword with her.  She didn't have that oversized Demon Blade back then.  If only there was a way to remove the head dress but keep the hair looking the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

 

D35D5E1A-D002-4AC8-8EF0-01D7847CC5AA.jpeg.2666b6b27c1068885a47ab634b6e6646.jpeg

Cool.

Where's the silver Storm from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve seen a customizer have the head dress removed on Magik with the hair intact.  I’ll just give her the other sword she came with.

I’m going to get some silver paint to paint up my extra Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

It’s a custom paint job 

Wondered if that might be the case.  Seems odd that, of all the zillion Storm figures ever made, no one has ever made her "iconic" silver outfit.  Just "toon-accurate" white versions. 

(yes, I am fully in the camp of it being silver, and not "white with blue highlights", because that's exactly how the Silver Surfer, and Optimus Prime's chrome bumper, were colored, too)  It's a "limitation of cheap animation/printing" and not "an intentional depiction of color".  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Seems odd that, of all the zillion Storm figures ever made, no one has ever made her "iconic" silver outfit.

35C8873F-881B-4CE4-B0AC-C09101F1070C.jpeg.67eac725ba68cae524fec52eb0887447.jpeg

One of the old school Toy Biz 5” Storm figures was silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

35C8873F-881B-4CE4-B0AC-C09101F1070C.jpeg.67eac725ba68cae524fec52eb0887447.jpeg

One of the old school Toy Biz 5” Storm figures was silver.

That was the second release after this one.

3D721CB2-B6AB-4932-9166-F4CA3F07D4AF.jpeg.8bff01c75fd801e6caf10b1379899658.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Wondered if that might be the case.  Seems odd that, of all the zillion Storm figures ever made, no one has ever made her "iconic" silver outfit.  Just "toon-accurate" white versions. 

(yes, I am fully in the camp of it being silver, and not "white with blue highlights", because that's exactly how the Silver Surfer, and Optimus Prime's chrome bumper, were colored, too)  It's a "limitation of cheap animation/printing" and not "an intentional depiction of color".  

I’ve posted the example of why Storms costume isn’t white before, if it be Silver or an especially reflective black instead.  The White Queens costume, hell Storms own fricking hair, is evidence it isn’t.

7096D84D-37B2-41F8-BA7B-0B82E4F7327E.jpeg.dd0656c1d93dd4da592c66d725c61051.jpeg

This is also a good contrast between the white on Scott’s costume versus Storms color.  The light source is the in the same spot for the both characters in both instances too.

C0CB7090-4A3B-4E46-8C2E-0E7A3C5E2A8C.thumb.jpeg.398074676cc2a5edfae30057637b81e3.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

 

One of the old school Toy Biz 5” Storm figures was silver.

Ok, has any recent, decent, collector-targeted etc figure been done in silver?  I can buy a zillion good Rogue figures, of any shape/style, from $ legends up to $$$$$$ statues, in green/yellow.  But that's my only choice for a silver Storm?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Ok, has any recent, decent, collector-targeted etc figure been done in silver?  I can buy a zillion good Rogue figures, of any shape/style, from $ legends up to $$$$$$ statues, in green/yellow.  But that's my only choice for a silver Storm?  

I’m sure Hasbro will get to the silver costume.  They usually release different versions of the same figure.  Painting her silver looks pretty easy so I’ll do that with my spare Storm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

And gone.  None of the stores in my area have restocked ML since Mystique was released.  Typical poor distribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Golden Arms said:

And gone.  None of the stores in my area have restocked ML since Mystique was released.  Typical poor distribution.

Me too.  They haven't restocked a single Hasbro toy since Mystique was released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 1:30 PM, sh9000 said:

3F50AC29-E8E5-4125-AEF9-DE5647A0F984.thumb.jpeg.ff6eb2727eeef2e0d95314b903290d47.jpeg

I’ll do this setup next.

This would be great to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DDAF741A-7275-46C4-B629-CA67EB11238B.thumb.jpeg.4688ee980856604339b1c095963b23b4.jpeg

I’ll see if I can take a pic on their stands by this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my starsky and hutch voice" Do it, Do it"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48789729626_f7a9358352_o_d.jpgCowboy Logan is probably my favorite Wolverine figure next to “tiger stripe”. I kinda wish Hasbro would give us a few more civvy X-Men. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

48789729626_f7a9358352_o_d.jpgCowboy Logan is probably my favorite Wolverine figure next to “tiger stripe”. I kinda wish Hasbro would give us a few more civvy X-Men. 

Very nice diorama there.  Where'd you find that pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Very nice diorama there.  Where'd you find that pic?

Thanks. It’s mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Thanks. It’s mine. 

Wow very nice. Is the newstand per chance for sale somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

48789729626_f7a9358352_o_d.jpgCowboy Logan is probably my favorite Wolverine figure next to “tiger stripe”. I kinda wish Hasbro would give us a few more civvy X-Men. 

Dis you see the Fwoosh review?  That cowboy hat is on backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mazinger said:

Wow very nice. Is the newstand per chance for sale somewhere?

Thank you.  Well yes and no. It belongs to a Jakks Pacific WWF playset. I bought it loose off EBay some time ago. If you want it to look like mine however it will require a bit of customization. I made the newspaper inside and the Daily Bugle stickers (used to say WWF news on front iirc)

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Dis you see the Fwoosh review?  That cowboy hat is on backwards.

I did and I’m not certain i agree about the hat. The sprue mark on front sux and would tend to suggest that would be on back of hat but the GameStop I got him from had 8 and two of them had the hat the other way around and I actually think this way looks better. The back of hat has a lip that bends down and with that on the front I like it less than the sprue mark.  I’m proud to say I’ve never worn a cowboy hat personally so that lip might belong in the front and this figure may well have it on backwards but on the figure in person I prefer the way this looks personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...