On 10/9/2019 at 10:06 PM, Mommar said:

It's an interesting premise for a sci-fi story.  But what Hickman did was find a clever way to completely wipe out all of the various X-Mens personalities so he could write them in all sorts of out of character ways.  Nobody sounds like themselves or behaves like themselves at all.  It's a terrible stepping off point for new readers.  These characters aren't anything like how any X-Men have behaved.  They'll read back-issues and be completely baffled because nothing will be similar at all.  Hickman might be more clever in how he uses his pawns than someone like Bendis but he's still bending every personality to fit his narrative instead of working with their personalities.  As a matter of fact there's hardly a character here at all, just plot devices.  He could'nae even write Moira with her frakking accent intact.  Mr Sinister has some oddly FABULOUS! personality that has come out of nowhere.  Apocalypse would have never been proud nor would he be looking for all mutants to come together.  His idea to tie together a bunch of disparate futures is clever but if it's at the expense of every single character's personality it isn't worth it.

I think a lot of the characterization has been spot on.  In year 0, Xavier has been portrayed as the consumate hopeful idealist to the Mutants detriment.  We now know  why and mostly how he has changed.  Magneto has been spot on. His banter early in the series with the humans has totally been in character.  Ditto for a certain hero from the Seas! 

Hickman hasn't show all of his cards yet, so I think there will be plenty of surprises once we get into Dawn of X.  I don't think that the mutants are all going to live merrily with each other.  Moiras redacted journal hints at so.  

If you haven't liked the story, he did write an easy way for the next creative team to reset the status quo.

Edited by Golden Arms

Man, I am having such a hard time finding Dani.  A few Walgreens I’ve been to have said they expected shipments but never received any.  They din’t know if they ever will despite having a huge interest.  I’m apparently not the only one asking around.  I have a friend in another town North of me looking at the Walgreens there now.

EC309BA4-1BA9-4A79-AA99-F04D5FF92335.thumb.jpeg.cda0b4e8659bd33a463208ae1961e0d8.jpegI finally have an all Black Punisher. I hate painting figures and I just realized that the Cloak figure is same body as Punisher. Swapped their forearms and calves and added Eric Killmonger’s gear and Paladins holster and voila! My perfect Punisher. 

56 minutes ago, lechuck said:

I should have just said Havok's wrists.

Anyway my fears have been confirmed with a review of the set from MCUcollector24.

Yeah Havok is going to benefit from some cuffs to cover those wrist ledges. Maybe Bishop’s will work. I like the look of him overall despite his incorrectly colored jacket but why give him forearms the size of Colossus’???  Dude really must dig forearm curls man... I see his small hands, hope he doesn’t smell like cabbage.   lol

58 minutes ago, Mommar said:

And their website lies.  Four stores have figures listed but none of them had any.

Yeah, one way to trust their site is when they show 10+ stock.  It indicates that they do have new stock.  Their website is showing the silver surfer also. I never saw it in my area.  Ditto for the thing.