Well I'm getting fuxored here.  A solitary Walgreens had three Mystique when it first came out and since then none of them have received anything new.  Not just Legends, Black Series exclusives either.  I just checked seven of them on my way home from work today and it's the same crap they've always had.  It's like the city has just completely checked out.

Edited by Mommar

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

I just checked seven of them on my way home from work today

Seven Walgreens?  

All on your way home?  :huh:

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

16 Walgreens and not a single Dani Moonstar.

Sixteen?  :o

Has Walgreens bought out Starbucks, or something?  How the hell can they have so many locations?  :unknw:

I was wondering if Illyana's head would fit on that same Dani Moonstar figure.  Too bad whoever took those photos used the wrong sword with her.  She didn't have that oversized Demon Blade back then.  If only there was a way to remove the head dress but keep the hair looking the same.

15 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

It’s a custom paint job 

Wondered if that might be the case.  Seems odd that, of all the zillion Storm figures ever made, no one has ever made her "iconic" silver outfit.  Just "toon-accurate" white versions. 

(yes, I am fully in the camp of it being silver, and not "white with blue highlights", because that's exactly how the Silver Surfer, and Optimus Prime's chrome bumper, were colored, too)  It's a "limitation of cheap animation/printing" and not "an intentional depiction of color".  

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

Wondered if that might be the case.  Seems odd that, of all the zillion Storm figures ever made, no one has ever made her "iconic" silver outfit.  Just "toon-accurate" white versions. 

(yes, I am fully in the camp of it being silver, and not "white with blue highlights", because that's exactly how the Silver Surfer, and Optimus Prime's chrome bumper, were colored, too)  It's a "limitation of cheap animation/printing" and not "an intentional depiction of color".  

I’ve posted the example of why Storms costume isn’t white before, if it be Silver or an especially reflective black instead.  The White Queens costume, hell Storms own fricking hair, is evidence it isn’t.

7096D84D-37B2-41F8-BA7B-0B82E4F7327E.jpeg.dd0656c1d93dd4da592c66d725c61051.jpeg

This is also a good contrast between the white on Scott’s costume versus Storms color.  The light source is the in the same spot for the both characters in both instances too.

C0CB7090-4A3B-4E46-8C2E-0E7A3C5E2A8C.thumb.jpeg.398074676cc2a5edfae30057637b81e3.jpeg

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

One of the old school Toy Biz 5” Storm figures was silver.

Ok, has any recent, decent, collector-targeted etc figure been done in silver?  I can buy a zillion good Rogue figures, of any shape/style, from $ legends up to $$$$$$ statues, in green/yellow.  But that's my only choice for a silver Storm?  

13 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Ok, has any recent, decent, collector-targeted etc figure been done in silver?  I can buy a zillion good Rogue figures, of any shape/style, from $ legends up to $$$$$$ statues, in green/yellow.  But that's my only choice for a silver Storm?  

I’m sure Hasbro will get to the silver costume.  They usually release different versions of the same figure.  Painting her silver looks pretty easy so I’ll do that with my spare Storm.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

And gone.  None of the stores in my area have restocked ML since Mystique was released.  Typical poor distribution.

5 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

48789729626_f7a9358352_o_d.jpgCowboy Logan is probably my favorite Wolverine figure next to “tiger stripe”. I kinda wish Hasbro would give us a few more civvy X-Men. 

Very nice diorama there.  Where'd you find that pic?