33 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

The extra heads!  What does that Lilandra head mean. Walgreens exclusive BAFs?

18545C9F-9C0D-4793-B899-F9827736709B.jpeg.703a259409fde85135acadcd519e1a9f.jpeg

I just saw that and was wondering the same thing.  Why a Lilandra head?  I can’t think of a secondary body that could double as Lilandra in her Shi’ar battle costume you could swap this with. I personally wanted a ludicrous box set of the whole lineup from Uncanny X-Men #275 with a Lilandra and Deathbird.

The extra head doesn’t mean a BAF.  They’ve included extra parts in other releases to be used as alternates with other toys before.  But it was predictable or obvious.  Like the Red Onslaught and then a regular Onslaught head in the x-men line.  Or the alternate head for Kingpin to make shadow King.  And the extra hand bit in Archangel for the Apocalypse BAF. This one is puzzling though.

Edited by Mommar

My guess is that with Walgreens releasing their exclusive ML figures so close to each other now and moving to a “team” with a dramatically larger character roster to pick from (F4 to X-Men U kiddin’ me?) that this will be a BAF. I mean before the Walgreens exclusives were like what 1 maybe 2 in a year?  Now we got The Thing and then Magik what 3 weeks later. And already Mystique about to drop with White Queen waiting to drop. White Queen could have Lilandra’s body and legs ala Jubilee and the next two figure each get an arm. Because nothing else makes sense. Every additional head included thus far went to an already released figure. Even the Madcap head with DP makes sense as Madcap has impersonated DP before. Not exactly wearing his MC mask with DP’s uniform but in spirit it can make sense. This makes no sense unless it goes to an already released figure, one already announced and on the way or a BAF. I vote BAF.  I guess we’ll find out for certain when they finally reveal the back of Mystique’s box. 

Edit: although I’m certain we’ll find out a Lilandra BAF is in the wings I guess worst case this swap and a little customizing TLC might do

C79B4CB5-4D1A-45BA-88C0-51F3D9B718D2.jpeg.a33bf7518dc5f1149c60189c8b6fcb57.jpeg

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Heads up DOFP Sentinel and Wolverine set is $58 on Amazon for the next 13 hours.   Great price to army build Sentinels. 

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Anyone here using Neca's Clear Action Figure Display Stands for their ML figures? Planning to get 2 packs but not sure if it fits ML's peg hole.

https://www.amazon.com/NECA-Action-Figure-Display-Stands/dp/B00ICNW438/

8161FgsglOL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.d830aeaf55092d631b2216307c98cbe0.jpg

81h4lO6tmmL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.8d251acb7b75dec48fd1a06557a186c3.jpg

Google Marauder inc. website. He sells on eBay also. Best figure stands out there and cheaper than Neca. Come in clear or black, have a smaller footprint and have one peg hole on one side for 1/12 foot peg holes and one on other side for 1/18 foot peg holes. And ML fit perfectly.  He also happens to sell the best 1/12 weapons on the market. 

14 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Google Marauder inc. website. He sells on eBay also. Best figure stands out there and cheaper than Neca. Come in clear or black, have a smaller footprint and have one peg hole on one side for 1/12 foot peg holes and one on other side for 1/18 foot peg holes. And ML fit perfectly.  He also happens to sell the best 1/12 weapons on the market. 

Thanks for the headsup, Dave! :good:;)

I'm overwhelmed just by looking at those loose accessories. It's like the same feeling I felt when I started buying some 1/6th figures esp Snake Eyes from both Hot Toys and Sideshow. In my head, I was like I want to buy a lot of weapons for him. And here I am thinking the same thing for the loose ML figures that I bought and planning on body swapping. Man oh man, another rabbit hole. :bigshok:

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for the headsup, Dave! :good:;)

I'm overwhelmed just by looking at those loose accessories. It's like the same feeling I felt when I started buying some 1/6th figures esp Snake Eyes from both Hot Toys and Sideshow. In my head, I was like I want to buy a lot of weapons for him. And here I am thinking the same thing for the loose ML figures that I bought and planning on body swapping. Man oh man, another rabbit hole. :bigshok:

Same here amigo lol. The guns and accessories are all molded plastic also. No brittle resin business. And all the parts are interchangeable with each other. Really slick. I basically threw almost all the ML issued “weapons” more like (super soakers or nerf guns) and spent like $60 or so to rearm them with these.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Jeesh, how many Weapon X's is that now?!  I think there's been at least 3 others in the 6" scale. 

As far as I know there was only the one Toy Biz version from Series 7 way back in the day.  The older pre-Legends series wasn't six inch scale.

I’m down for more Marvel Legends releases at Walgreens since all of them have been easy to get so far.  Plus I accumulate free rewards points without purchasing anything so I’ll be getting Mystique for free when she comes out.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So Beast is a single release and 6 for BAF, right? If so, I will only get four figures. Plus Beast. ^_^ 

I’m not sure if Beast will be the figure without a BAF piece and Caliban will most likely be split up into 6 parts with one BAF part per figure.

14 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Jeesh, how many Weapon X's is that now?!  I think there's been at least 3 others in the 6" scale. 

This upcoming Weapon X will make it a total of 2.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I’m down for more Marvel Legends releases at Walgreens since all of them have been easy to get so far.  Plus I accumulate free rewards points without purchasing anything so I’ll be getting Mystique for free when she comes out.

As of November 3rd I believe Walgreens changed how they handle points cash in. You can only use a maximum of $5 towards any purchase at a time.  $15 ML figs are still nice and all but I will miss the “free” ones.  It was a good thing while it lasted though. Sigh...

3 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

As of November 3rd I believe Walgreens changed how they handle points cash in. You can only use a maximum of $5 towards any purchase at a time.  $15 ML figs are still nice and all but I will miss the “free” ones.  It was a good thing while it lasted though. Sigh...

Bummer.  With the rewards and one of their sales, it can still be had for cheaper than $15 at least.

• 2 weeks later...