FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

That is strange how they are shipping them out.  Nice to see shots of the Sci-fi set, post up pics when you get the rest of your sets in!

I'm pretty concerned because my shipping notice and account both say all three sets I ordered shipped together with the same tracking but I only got one box. It's the common FEXT shipping box I think anyone who has ordered from them has seen but my previous order had a couple of those boxes taped together. This one arrived as a single box with no sign of any other boxes attached and the label states it contains one toy. I sent them a note a couple days ago and they have not responded yet. I'm definitely looking forward to getting the rest so I can have a larger background to pose my toys in.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I wonder what line of kits or toys did FEXT Hobby have in mind when designing these backgrounds?  They definitely are not in-scale to HMR....the printed doors don't help in trying to "fudge" the perspective...do you know if they can scale the background art to be closer to 1/100 or different scales like 1/60?

I think it is a general Sci-Fi theme as it says. I think it's pretty common for Macross sets to have large doors though, for several reasons...

31 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think it is a general Sci-Fi theme as it says. I think it's pretty common for Macross sets to have large doors though, for several reasons...

of course, however, the doors on the printed backgrounds for the sets you posted are too big for "humans" and too small for "mechs"...the problem is that they are not anywhere close to a workable scale for HMR or DX.....an easy fix for FEXT I am sure, especially since they seem to be able to custom print whatever background you need...guess it may be worth asking before placing any orders

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

of course, however, the doors on the printed backgrounds for the sets you posted are too big for "humans" and too small for "mechs"...the problem is that they are not anywhere close to a workable scale for HMR or DX.....an easy fix for FEXT I am sure, especially since they seem to be able to custom print whatever background you need...guess it may be worth asking before placing any orders

Let us know what you come up with! I'm not too worried about it myself. Just looking forward to the other options at this point.

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Let us know what you come up with! I'm not too worried about it myself. Just looking forward to the other options at this point.

Definitely will, as soon as they come up with a more "Macrossy" design...or maybe I can find a good pic of an official Macross hangar background that they would be willing to print for me....though they probably would not want to get into any legal trouble in doing so...which explains the lame Atmospheric boosters design they came up with! ;)

I wonder if that background pairs with 1/18 scale figures? Looks a bit small for that... But if it doesn't I'm really at a loss for what it's means to go with. Obviously it works suitably for other applications nit picking aside. I think a generic repair bay background for robot spirits sized toys and HMR would be a slam dunk. Add some repair tools and vehicles for bonus of my cash.

19 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! I’m not sure why they didn’t send all the sets I bought together even though the shipping notice said they did but hopefully they sort it out and I get the other sets soon. Need more panels!

Lookin' Sweet Slave IV!

hopefully your order is just sandwiched between 2 production cycles...

1 hour ago, UN Spacy said:

Any idea if they’ve hit their quota for the 600 1/60 Set A/B Armors

Not yet..

From their Facebook page as of August 31:

"RE: “PROJECT 600” 1:60 OWL-ONE Armour

Hi all, thank you for all your support to 1:100 OWL-ONE Armour, got many feedbacks from Fans about the development of the 1:60 version, and after evaluation & study, here is a way to make it comes true!

We are going to launch a campaign named “PROJECT 600” for 1:60 OWL-ONE Armour. In coming 3 months, if we receive 600pcs. (Set A+B) pre-order of this item, we will officially start the mould & bring this item alive in another 5 months (exc...luding factory new year vacation from mid of January, 2019 – end of February, 2019).

A deposit of U$15. is required for each Pre-order (Product Price: US$ 77.90). Deposit will be refunded if the campaign doesn’t reach 600 pcs. pre-order after 3 months. Incase the campaign successfully reaches the target, deposit is not refundable & all supporters need to pay the balance before delivery of the goods (individual mail will be sent to all supporters to finish the complete deal!). Shipping charge to be advised separately."

Still on "Pre-order" on the website. 

* Review on YouTube:

* Edit:  Don't know if it was posted before? If so then my apologies..

Edited by borgified

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I was hoping they would do a couple brighter schemes but those are looking good.

Yes that was my first reaction too (dark grey + yellow = urban camo-esque scheme)

Not sure which valk's colour scheme will best match this though.

Edited by rdrunner

52 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Yes that was my first reaction too (dark grey + yellow = urban camo-esque scheme)

Not sure which valk's colour scheme will best match this though.

I'm guessing that it might blend with the 1/60 VE-1, VF-1D, VT-1 (don't know which ones exactly).

I was messing around with the OWL set and the armor rack, and remembered seeing a pic on FB showing that it is also compatible with the original Bandai GBP armor. The instructions of course will not show this, but I was wondering if anyone has that pic or can show me how the GBP should be mounted on it please?

• 2 weeks later...

The new armours are meant to be for two seaters...hence the colors...

my question is the opposite...can it fit well on single seaters...if I want to have different colors on other valks...

btw any word yet on when the orange armors are able to be ordered?

Edited by seti88

Ok m confused now. I tot the series 1 armor didn't fit double seaters(as in the ve1/vt1 nosecone was too long), and the series 2 was to resolve that. So fext is saying actually everything fits, and the updates were merely adapters for the back boosters?

Edited by seti88

I went to go try the armor on my VE-1 and the chest armor doesn’t attach and the canopy cover is too short.  In most of their pics the canopy cover is not connected to the chest armor.  I’ll try to message them and ask.

• 2 months later...