FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

7 hours ago, Saburo said:

Sorry @Mommar I don’t know the pricing. They messaged me letting me know they are getting things prepared to post and will be sending over some over for me to photograph.

Thanks, just wondering what they include and how much they are.  It's become a yearly tradition that my brother buys me a pile of clear stands for my birthday (30 or 40) that I'll use for Marvel Legends/SHF/etc... for the year.  I was wondering if these might be a decent thing for this year instead of his usual

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Thanks, just wondering what they include and how much they are.  It's become a yearly tradition that my brother buys me a pile of clear stands for my birthday (30 or 40) that I'll use for Marvel Legends/SHF/etc... for the year.  I was wondering if these might be a decent thing for this year instead of his usual

FEXT just put them up on the site.  Ask and you shall receive.  lol

https://fext-hobby.myshopify.com/collections/fext-system/products/utility-display-stand

https://fext-hobby.myshopify.com/collections/fext-system/products/utility-display-stand-set-of-3

https://fext-hobby.myshopify.com/collections/fext-system/products/utility-display-stand-set-of-6

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I see their photos of the stands holding an HMR VF-1 wth super parts, but I think I’d be a little nervous doing that. Haven’t people had some trouble in the past with similar arms from Tamashii failing?

I read the description and it says their arms are ratcheted. I've had good luck with the Tamashii arms but it takes some finesse. If these arms are ratcheted, they will be a pleasure to use in comparison. 

On 10/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, sh9000 said:

8523E42A-F090-45E4-BD29-7C8B6E1435ED.jpeg.011f19d80c72e269aa47bd7f5d03d211.jpeg

my question would be can it hold those poses...like indefinitely?  i mean i just read on here they are ratcheted...but how strong are the teeth? haha.  guess HMR are pretty light but still...thats impressive if you can pose like that with no fear or the thing flopping down (looking at you old yamato stands of a name i forgot. and some tamashi ones as well)?

Not sure, but every time I see that pict I want to start buying up HMR valks and stands. I keep telling myself I don't have room to buy another scale (beyond the HMR destroids). But then I keep seeing that VE-1 and tell myself I need it. I almost talked myself into putting my v1 Yammie VE-1 up for sale and switching to these instead. Almost.

3 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

my question would be can it hold those poses...like indefinitely?  i mean i just read on here they are ratcheted...but how strong are the teeth? haha.  guess HMR are pretty light but still...thats impressive if you can pose like that with no fear or the thing flopping down (looking at you old yamato stands of a name i forgot. and some tamashi ones as well)?

I've had my HMR valks posed like that with regular Tamashii stands for years and it's fine. It is finicky and you have to balance it all out, but it works. The other thing is HMR are very durable. I've dropped Valks from over 6' high onto hard floors and parts might come off but they go right back on, no breakages.

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I've had my HMR valks posed like that with regular Tamashii stands for years and it's fine. It is finicky and you have to balance it all out, but it works. The other thing is HMR are very durable. I've dropped Valks from over 6' high onto hard floors and parts might come off but they go right back on, no breakages.

You are not making it any easier for me to ignore the HMR valks.

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, you should get some for sure. BUT...the other Mechs in the line are even better!

Yep- got all the destroids (and waiting patiently for a Tomahawk and Phalanx to have my Monster fire over).

I finally said "frakk it" and ordered a HMR Super Ostrich, since that's one of the schemes I don't have in any scale yet and the fact that the VF-1D was essentially the same price and didn't come with the fast packs sold me to grab this one first.

Now I'm hoping not to start buying a ton and needing to put another shelf up in "Auxiliary Control".

20 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Yep- got all the destroids (and waiting patiently for a Tomahawk and Phalanx to have my Monster fire over).

I finally said "frakk it" and ordered a HMR Super Ostrich, since that's one of the schemes I don't have in any scale yet and the fact that the VF-1D was essentially the same price and didn't come with the fast packs sold me to grab this one first.

Now I'm hoping not to start buying a ton and needing to put another shelf up in "Auxiliary Control".

They are addicting but if you already have the Destroids, that's awesome! You gotta have at least one Valk to go with them so you can see how it goes from there.

14 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'd probably get a set of the Fext stands just so I can have more lighting panels.

Do Tamashii arms peg into the base as well?  Are the pegs the same size? 

Yes the Tamashii Arm pegs are the same size, here is it with 2 Tamashii Mechanical arms.  Just a note, the adapter peg holes are a little inconsistent,  some adapters held the arm firmly and some were not as tight. Not a deal breaker, some future or nail polish will fix that.

65013226-7A88-4995-90D2-DFEF6479F121.jpeg

Edited by Saburo

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Yes the Tamashii Arm pegs are the same size, here is it with 2 Tamashii Mechanical arms.  Just a note, the adapter peg holes are a little inconsistent,  some adapters held the arm firmly and some were not as tight. Not a deal breaker, some future or nail polish will fix that.

Love the DeTolf's in the background. Most of us have jammed so much into our cabinets it's hard to enjoy the individual pieces any more. 

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

They are addicting but if you already have the Destroids, that's awesome! You gotta have at least one Valk to go with them so you can see how it goes from there.

Yeah- have the glaug and regult too (but not the missile regults because by the time I spotted them the prices were obscene).

I've talked myself out of this over and over on a space available issue but these stands are amking me go "Maybe I can make some more space".

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @Saburo !

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Love the DeTolf's in the background. Most of us have jammed so much into our cabinets it's hard to enjoy the individual pieces any more. 

Agreed, I love how it's not crowded like an elevator =)

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Thank you @jenius!  I try to keep the display simple, representation of each main Valks of the Macross series (except for M7, since I don't have any Valks from that series).  I feel its a bit of a mess because I have all the DYRL VFs off stand, and the DX VFs are placed on shelf because I don't know what I want to do displaying them since they are 1:48th and I want to keep the display consistent with scale. Also I haven't put them away yet so I can take more photos of them the Hikaru 1S gets released.

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thanks @Saburo !

Agreed, I love how it's not crowded like an elevator =)

You are most welcome @sumyumgoy and thank you!

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Really cool! Technically, you could have attached the arms to the floors with the base adapters and bypassed the clear panels, correct?

Yes, I could have attached them to the base panel, but for this I wanted to show FEXT Stand. :D So its FEXT inception.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:25 AM, Saburo said:

What's the stand you use for those birds in the back?