FEXTHOBBY Macross Line up

recon

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

Just a heads up that the SCI-FI 03 set is sold out. I was hoping to buy 5-6 of them. Does anyone know if they plan to make more?

Wow, congrats again to @Saburo for designing a winner. I never got an order in so perhaps I missed out if they don’t make more. Seems kinda crazy that they wouldn’t considering how popular it is. I’ve seen a lot of people buying them to their non-Macross displays. 

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, congrats again to @Saburo for designing a winner. I never got an order in so perhaps I missed out if they don’t make more. Seems kinda crazy that they wouldn’t considering how popular it is. I’ve seen a lot of people buying them to their non-Macross displays. 

Yeah, it's great to see a fellow MW member knock it out of the park

Oh well.  If they don’t go back in stock then I’ll just use the 2 that I ordered for smaller setups and displays.

I think I’ll use my HLJ discount on some more chain bases.

Thanks @Saburo for helping to make a great FEXT Hobby product.

• 5 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, jenius said:

I couldn't see a reason to grab 01 over 02... Am I missing something?

I personally think the 02 set is better than the 01,  the 01 comes with 2 shields and 02 comes with booster cannon. missiles and shield. 

Edited by Saburo

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

so when are they doing a 1/48 version for the DX VF-1's?

I doubt they will. They couldn't raise enough funds for a 1/60 version, for which there are many different VF models available, they won't risk trying the same for a new line with just one variant released

32 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I doubt they will. They couldn't raise enough funds for a 1/60 version, for which there are many different VF models available, they won't risk trying the same for a new line with just one variant released

On the flip side of that, the DX toys are still in production and no GBP is scheduled yet. I bet a DX would generate more demand than the 1/60. Unfortunately, it would need to be more sophisticated with amazing paint to work.

2 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

One of my two Sci-Fi 03's came in today.  (The other one is still stuck in customs.)  Box is a little beat up but contents seem ok so far.  Can't wait to put together.

@Saburo do you recommend I wait for the 2nd one to be delivered before I construct or will one do the trick?

IMG_8677.JPG

IMG_8215.JPG

I say go for it, you can easily reconfigure it when the 2nd set arrives.

Just got my shipped notice.

Man, KitzConcept Dark VF-1S arrived today, my VF-31 armored parts are already in San Francisco, my KitzConcept Rick figure shipped, Arcadia's SV-51 and Sentinels VR-041 due soon, and then the Max TV DX VF-1A??  CRAZY TIMES AHEAD!

11 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Got my 2 sets but couldn’t really play with them. At least I can attest that they fit into the Detolf perfectly :)

I am curious to see others builds, I can imagine a lot of potential in these sets!

D88756E5-88EA-46D5-922F-2FC43825F107.jpeg

AB4425C4-13B3-4EC8-B4E6-5CDE3F901BBB.jpeg

Thats awsome @Xigfrid!  I was testing sizing of the FEXT Display in my Detolfs when I first got my set. The 4 x 3 base fits nicely.  When FEXT showed the display would fit a detolf shelf they show 3 x 3.  I am glad they included 12 base plates.

Edited by Saburo

I opened only 1 set, which contains the 12 floor squares. But I am thinking of using part of my second set to make a mid-height stage using 4x floor squares and 4 pillars. 

@Saburo thank you so much for designing this set! I love cooperation between manufacturers and private hobbyists 

I wished I could order more floor squares separately. 

Edited by Xigfrid

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I hope that the series two armors come in actual toy packaging and not in bags in a brown box with a sticker on it.

The packaging for the Series 2 Armors are pretty much the same packaging with slightly different graphics as the Series 1.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, Xigfrid said:

I opened only 1 set, which contains the 12 floor squares. But I am thinking of using part of my second set to make a mid-height stage using 4x floor squares and 4 pillars. 

@Saburo thank you so much for designing this set! I love cooperation between manufacturers and private hobbyists 

I wished I could order more floor squares separately. 

That 2 tier setup sounds good, post up pics.

Thank you, I am glad you like the design, it was fun trying to figure out a unique design that would work for different scales of toys. 

You should drop them an email suggesting the floor squares separately or as a pack.

On 8/31/2019 at 10:32 AM, Saburo said:

The packaging for the Series 2 Armors are pretty much the same packaging with slightly different graphics as the Series 1.

Got my shipment of two of the three new OWL-One-SP armors.  I can confirm they come in almost a similar packaging box inside of a larger brown box from FEXT.  Have yet to open them yet, but got a combo of 01-02 to mix-n-math and put on the 35th anniversary Hi-Metal.